First Morning Thread

2 more days in quarantine.

I'm half tempted to break quarantine and play golf tomorrow since no one's sick around here.

Wife is going to her eye appt. tomorrow, she says Screw the dept of health, I've waited 3 months for this appt. I need new glasses. Plus she has mild diabetes and thinks she has cataracts, and her medical doctor told her she needs to get her eyes checked.

I'm genuinely curious. I have no issue with lady, not sure why she gets under some peoples skin
Oh that's not what I meant at all...

I'm watching The Office so maybe I thought you were Michael Scott for a minute there.

I asked my partner what mezcal is and he says, "Nasty." So...don't have that. He's just started a beer collection and we have about 150-200 bottles of rare or out-of-state beers right now. He's aging a bunch of expensive porters and stouts (the wine rack we just bought has what he says is about $1,000 of beer so he needs to make a list for the insurance in case anything bad happens) and the others are going into the beer fridge.

I thought you didn't like craft beer?
.... Wine rack? Are they corked or capped bottles?

If they're capped, store upright!

Same boyfriend?

Yep. Two years and a bit now. We went to a jeweler's today to ask about custom rings, so they'll contact us if they can find a stone like I requested. And I FINALLY got his ring finger measured, so if I see the perfect band for him I know what size to get it in, thank God.

Keystone Light's good enough for me.

Sometimes I splurge and get Coors Light at the golf course.

My partner drinks that kind of beer on his dad's boat when they go fishing. But I'll bring along Yeungling and Stella if they invite me, because those are the lightest beers I like.

Why is that? Some are corked, some are capped.
Partly air exposure (less surface area)... Not sure how much it affects it.

Partly because the cap, which is steel with a coating and a TPE gasket (I think) has more of a chance for corrosion.

IDK.... It's always what I've been told

Partly because the cap, which is steel with a coating and a TPE gasket (I think) has more of a chance for corrosion.

Cork needs to be kept wet. Caps you don’t want wet. Corked goes on its side; capped goes upright.

He says he's stored beer on its side before, but if it starts tasting funny he'll let me use it as a wine rack and store his beer upright lol

You're insuring this beer....
No, I mean under our renter's insurance. If you have lists of what you had and what you paid for it, you're more likely to get reimbursed, and our policy is for damages "up to $20,000" so why not have a list to recoup the beer? The furniture and our electronics won't price us up to $20k, although some of my rare books might.

Reactions: Me
You've convinced him. He's going to go buy a bookcase tomorrow and the wine rack is coming downstairs and will hold wine. Bookcase will go upstairs and hold his beer collection.

Reactions: Me