Washington Huskies First Thread Goes to UW

UW entirely sucked balls this year, but then

We end up with a new coach and hope is restored.
Reports rampant today that Cristobal is finalizing a contract worth $8m/yr plus with Miami and their OC has already left for Akron.
Riley to USC to rebuild the beast of the conf and already duck commits are talking about reopening their commitments because of it.
WSU hired one of their assistants with no prior HC experiences to run their program.
Ducks entirely shit the bed to end their season nowhere near their goals.

The season sucked, but so far the end of season has been spectacular.
Netflix Glassblowing GIF by Blown Away

DeBoer's words about recruiting made it sound like we are shattering the end of OKG. Looks like he's going to be much more aggressive in recruiting. No idea how much success they will have, but I'm glad they are no longer limiting their efforts in some misplaced sense of honor in a landscape that has long since forever changed.
There was a few people tweeting this weekend about how none of the new coaching staff was present at the local high school state championship games this past weekend,
Im sure it was folks from the former staff talking but its funny how people still believe a coaching staff has to be at a game in person to see a recruit

Reports rampant today that Cristobal is finalizing a contract worth $8m/yr plus with Miami and their OC has already left for Akron.
Riley to USC to rebuild the beast of the conf and already duck commits are talking about reopening their commitments because of it.
WSU hired one of their assistants with no prior HC experiences to run their program.

All honestly here, I don't want that prick to leave. Conference would be a lot better with him having that Nike program still chugging along.

All honestly here, I don't want that prick to leave. Conference would be a lot better with him having that Nike program still chugging along.
It's not going to suddenly end, but we have seen over the decades that a vacuum always fills. If they fall, someone rises.

I'd rather see their fans pay a bit for their arrogance. They need to come back down to earth.

Sounds like it’s official Deboer is bringing his OC. Weird having to worry about who’s gonna lead the defense now more than anything… It was a nice stretch of not having to worry about that unit year in and year out.

Bringing his prior OC makes sense and will bring faster turn on that side of the ball.

I'd like to see a big time hire for D, but we will see. I know petersen is still advising them. Gives me some hope.

Sounds like it’s official Deboer is bringing his OC. Weird having to worry about who’s gonna lead the defense now more than anything… It was a nice stretch of not having to worry about that unit year in and year out.

except this past season, I have no idea what you call that crap they lined up in all year on defense

UCLA!!!!!

So now Haener is withdrawing from the transfer portal? Jesus… can we just stop with that guy? No one cares…

So it looks like after this Fresno State game today that UW will finish out their coaching staff picking up 4 more from that staff.

On the one hand coach knows these guys and should be able to install things rapidly. On the other we are getting basically a full G5 staff.

I was a bit reserved when we had the same thing with Petersen. It worked out on the D, but never really did on offense. He was great at developing 3* kids but never did up the recruiting classes where they should have been.

I'm just taking a wait and see attitude. I feel better than under Lake, but that's not saying much.

Well Spring ball is under way and to be honest the vibe this staff has going right now on social media is that this program might just burst back onto the National stage!

It’d be nice to beat LA not in overtime though. Not complaining, considering they just started winning in overtime anyway 😂.

This team is fun.

Returning for 2023 season.