Food Places you liked that went out of business

Was just about to update that to say it looks like they still exist, 'specially in yer neck of the woods.

They surprisingly have a shit ton of locations still apparently (especially internationally).
Big Boy is supposed to be real big in Japan.

Good for them.

Was just about to update that to say it looks like they still exist, 'specially in yer neck of the woods.

They surprisingly have a shit ton of locations still apparently (especially internationally).
We had one very close until just before COVID.

Loved their shakes.

Hopefully all those foreigners enjoy StrawberryFest as much as I used to.

I thought about eating at Bennigans last week. But it looked busy.

Need to stop in there before it’s too late.

My wife and I would eat here when we dated in high school.
I think it was just a local joint.

1641097864144.png

These guys had live music sometimes.
Pizza was good.
They gave you a playing card when you ordered, then you listened for them to call it out when it was ready.

Folded Up
Gone

"Queen of Spades your pizza is ready"

1641098107538.png

Yep. Big Boy is known as Frisch's here in SW Ohio
frischs-big-boy-makeo_clar_39588882_ver1.0.jpg

Lots of Cafeterias in OKC back then, all local.

All gone now.
Reminds me of Morrison's Cafeteria. I believe they originated in FL back in the 1940's or 50's, and spread throught many southern states. We used to hit them up whenever we'd be down in Lexington KY every so often, pretty decent food, but I think they closed down all their locations years ago
IMG_6454.JPG

Rax, which was basically a better version of Arbys

Rax_Roast_Beef_-_Circleville%2C_Ohio.jpg
Man, forgot all about that joint. We used hit that place up after shitfaced underage drinking :biggrin:

Reminds me of Morrison's Cafeteria. I believe they originated in FL back in the 1940's or 50's, and spread throught many southern states. We used to hit them up whenever we'd be down in Lexington KY every so often, pretty decent food, but I think they closed down all their locations years ago
IMG_6454.JPG
Yeah.... I remember them. When we went to visit our grandparents in Jupiter, FL as kids, they used to take us out to Morrison's Cafeteria for lunch after church. Us kids liked it a lot. Every dish is a "side dish", picked what we wanted, moved thru the cashier and my Grandfather standing there ready with his wallet! :heh:

Note: This was in the late 50s thru the late 60s...

Last edited:
Back