Food Places you liked that went out of business

I loved Shakeys. The bunch of lunch was very good.

Tumbleweed had great Tex-Mex food but all their stores closed in Wisconsin.

1641230084042.png

none

b/c i like restaurants that don't go out of business

you know damn well you liked bonzana.

ezgif.com-resize20-950x535.png

Kenny Roger's Roasters made a mean bird but their lighting was brutal.
I forgot about them. That is wasn’t a bad place and I never understood why it folded because the few that were here did a good business.

Had one of these in my hometown growing up. I remember the barrels of peanuts you’d get while waiting for your food. Wikipedia says there is only 15 left.

1641236716224.jpeg

Little King

Technically not out of business but there aren't many of them left.

Had one of these in a suburb north of Boston that we would go to as a kid whenever we visited my cousins.

View attachment 55074
From '59 thru 66, the only fast food chain we ate at. Don't remember there being a McD in LC at that time. On the way to grandmaws place, we ate at the one in Alexandria.

5a8dea268ac7e.image.jpg

How about Shakey's pizza. Pizza was great and you could watch them throwing the dough around. Loved the balloons and arcade.
View attachment 55083
There was one in Lake Charles. First day as a freshman in college[Sept '73) a few of us went there for the buffet. Also, first time I ate there. After that, I practically lived there. One hellava buffet. Pizza, all the fried chicken you could eat, and of course the MOJOs. Towards the late 70s, those mfers changed everything. Tore out the ovens, put in some kind of circular thing to cook the pizza. Changed all the ingredients and totally ruined the pizza. About a year after that, they were gone.

Goodrich Ice Cream. And their stand alone stores, not the ones inside a dumbass sandwich shop.

16f9d3_c8fa31855540467a8e017c45ed6b015d~mv2.png

My dad liked this place when he was stationed at Dow AFB in Bangor, Maine in the mid 1960's.

1641250024516.png