Poll FSU in with better?

FSU in CFP w better CCG performance?

• Yes, they’d be in cfp

• No, committee still puts in Bama

Results are only viewable after voting.
Who needed 3 fourth quarter fumbles to overcome the mighty Eagles of Boston College. Or a missed field gold to beat Clemson.
Auburn, Arkansas, and Ucf… lost at home.., it’s blatantly obvious what happened. Your in. Enjoy it. It doesn’t change the fact that fsu got screwed

A factor I haven’t seen mentioned is the Chair and ACC rep was from NC State and you have to think it didn’t bother him one bit to stick it to FSU that has nothing but bitch about wanting out of the ACC.

There might be some FU mojo involved.

We haven’t had a key injury with this type of impact on a team so it’s uncharted waters.

I'll grant you that, definitely uncharted waters...

but it doesn't address that an unbeaten P5 conference champion has never been left out before.

LOL, there are more people on the committee with ties to Notre Dame than there is to the SEC. The Kentucky AD is the only person with even the loosest SEC ties, Two members are graduates of Notre Dame including a former player.

At least half have ties to Big 10 schools, so if there is bias, it would be on the first committee to let in two big 10 schools...and we all know how that worked out.

Been saying it for years. You just can't trust the Domers. They fuck up everything they touch.

Need to change their name to Joe Biden University.

Auburn, Arkansas, and Ucf… lost at home.., it’s blatantly obvious what happened. Your in. Enjoy it. It doesn’t change the fact that fsu got screwed
Meh, either Alabama or FSU was getting screwed...glad it was them.

but it doesn't address that an unbeaten P5 conference champion has never been left out before.
Every year there is a first something.

A factor I haven’t seen mentioned is the Chair and ACC rep was from NC State and you have to think it didn’t bother him one bit to stick it to FSU that has nothing but bitch about wanting out of the ACC.

There might be some FU mojo involved.

That is way more plausible than SEC bias...given that there is only one member with SEC ties...not even a once worked in the SID office as a senior 30 years ago tenuous connection.

Who needed 3 fourth quarter fumbles to overcome the mighty Eagles of Boston College. Or a missed field gold to beat Clemson.

We were up big against BC. They came back

We didn’t miss the field goal against Clemson. They Clempsuned

And we didn’t lose at home by double digits.

The team that barely beat Auburn better not show up

So Michigan should be out too.,,if you go undefeated in a power 5 conf and play 2 ooc games vs power 5 teams you are a lock to get in the playoff… unless there no sec team in the field…
Michigan has two wins against currently ranked top 10 opponents.

Michigan has two wins against currently ranked top 10 opponents.
Ya I was basing it off the strength of schedule metric that was pointed out. Yours is not much better then fsu’s. I’m not saying you should actually be out

Meh, either Alabama or FSU was getting screwed...glad it was them.

lol @Alabama or FSU was getting screwed.

There were 3 unbeaten P5 conference champions and two 1 loss P5 conference champions. Bama was 1 of the 1 loss conference champs and lost to the other one.

The only screwjob was Bama getting in at all.

I’m with you but at the same time can’t look you in the face and say that I honestly believe without Travis that FSU could beat Alabama, Ohio State or Georgia as all would probably be favored by 14 points.

I think Missouri and Oregon would be favored by 7.

The injury just changes everything. I can see why the committee couldn’t ignore it and I’m sure the ACC parties involved didn’t fight hard out of spite.

I didn’t think they had the guts but at the same time as much as I hate it can’t say they didn’t get it right.

lol @Alabama or FSU was getting screwed.

There were 3 unbeaten P5 conference champions and two 1 loss P5 conference champions. Bama was 1 of the 1 loss conference champs and lost to the other one.

The only screwjob was Bama getting in at all.
It is an Invitational. They can invite who they want. It isn't about what kind of season you had.

I’m with you but at the same time can’t look you in the face and say that I honestly believe without Travis that FSU could beat Alabama, Ohio State or Georgia as all would probably be favored by 14 points.

I think Missouri and Oregon would be favored by 7.

The injury just changes everything. I can see why the committee couldn’t ignore it and I’m sure the ACC parties involved didn’t fight hard out of spite.

I didn’t think they had the guts but at the same time as much as I hate it can’t say they didn’t get it right.

I can say they didn't get it right. The injury shouldn't be factored in. They did everything they were supposed to do. Injuries are part of the sport. In football, the mantra is "next man up" and we praise teams for overcoming adversity like this and still winning.

FSU beat Florida with their backup QB, then won their CCG with their 3rd string QB. Yet, they get punished because their starter is out?

They had the resume required to get in, Bama didn't. Bama didn't even have the resume to get in over Texas, let alone FSU.

I can say they didn't get it right. The injury shouldn't be factored in. They did everything they were supposed to do. Injuries are part of the sport. In football, the mantra is "next man up" and we praise teams for overcoming adversity like this and still winning.

FSU beat Florida with their backup QB, then won their CCG with their 3rd string QB. Yet, they get punished because their starter is out?

They had the resume required to get in, Bama didn't. Bama didn't even have the resume to get in over Texas, let alone FSU.
So you think FSU is one of the best 4 teams right now without Travis?

It is an Invitational. They can invite who they want. It isn't about what kind of season you had.

If that's the case, they should have invited Michigan, UGA, Bama and Oregon. That would create all kinds of buzz.

So you think FSU is one of the best 4 teams right now without Travis?

It doesn't matter who "the best 4 teams are right now". The job of the committee isn't to try to decide that, their job is to select the teams that earned the right to be there. Those teams are UM, UW, FSU and Texas.

If it's just about who the 4 best teams are right now, why not put UGA in over Texas? Despite Texas beating Bama, I'd wager that most think UGA is a better team than Texas.

It doesn't matter who "the best 4 teams are right now".
Actually that’s the hole point and why the injury consideration is part of the equation.

You‘re angry with the moral ramifications of the choice but that is not considered.

I hate it also but again you can’t say right now FSU is one of the best 4 teams because right now they aren’t one of the best top 6 when you factor Georgia and Ohio State in the equation.