Gone But Not Forgotten MLB Draft : CHAT

I have Femurs pick and I did text Meebs

For this draft there is almost nothing to be gained from the relievers spot pasta few players. I understand if we are talking a best of 7 5 relievers is more realistic but I don't think it moves the needle like a fifth starter. There are options out there for a long reliever if we would allow that but maybe set certain criteria like they can't have an all star appearance or something.

Like Daryl Kile or Yordona Ventura move me a lot more than some old fuck from 1912 who's never been drafted in our mocks

For this draft there is almost nothing to be gained from the relievers spot pasta few players. I understand if we are talking a best of 7 5 relievers is more realistic but I don't think it moves the needle like a fifth starter. There are options out there for a long reliever if we would allow that but maybe set certain criteria like they can't have an all star appearance or something.

Like Daryl Kile or Yordona Ventura move me a lot more than some old fuck from 1912 who's never been drafted in our mocks

If we don't change the player pool what we end up with is the same draft over and over again. I do agree though that when we have a draft like this and there are players drafted most have never even heard of it seems pointless because when we vote nobody is going to look at the careers of these guys, most will look for players they have heard of and that will decide what pen they like best but the thing is I do now know these players because over the years I have looked up every player I don't know when they are drafted, example Slim Sallee, I bet most of you never heard of him, I bet you didn't know Shoeless Joe had 5 hits off him in the 1919 World Series. I bet nobody knew he played 14 years as a starter & reliever and ended up with an ERA of 2.56, he never had a single season where every game he pitched was as a starter but he was primarily a starter for most of his career, yet lead the league in saves three times.

Drafting the old fuck from 1912 who's never been drafted in our mocks is what makes these drafts fun for me.

If we don't change the player pool what we end up with is the same draft over and over again. I do agree though that when we have a draft like this and there are players drafted most have never even heard of it seems pointless because when we vote nobody is going to look at the careers of these guys, most will look for players they have heard of and that will decide what pen they like best but the thing is I do now know these players because over the years I have looked up every player I don't know when they are drafted, example Slim Sallee, I bet most of you never heard of him, I bet you didn't know Shoeless Joe had 5 hits off him in the 1919 World Series. I bet nobody knew he played 14 years as a starter & reliever and ended up with an ERA of 2.56, he never had a single season where every game he pitched was as a starter but he was primarily a starter for most of his career, yet lead the league in saves three times.

Drafting the old fuck from 1912 who's never been drafted in our mocks is what makes these drafts fun for me.

I've voted for us to use more recent pools of players more often. But I know that can sometimes be harder to judge based on incompleteness of career.

I'm not attempting to speak for others but once we hit a ways into this draft I hadn't heard of most of these guys.

I do agree we need to keep changing the player pool and not do much if any vanilla

Not saying this was a bad draft. But I was watching NFL the other day and wasn't going to break away to peruse the dead guy reliever pool. But again I think changing the player pool is important

LOL... another opportunity to sell your players you drafted...

But seriously, problem with players like that though, sure it is fun to do the research and find those players... But if you already have a bias to the times, you are not going to be like OOH SLIM "SHADY" Sallee what a great player...

and there is also a disconnect between draft and voting... you can find the best steals in the draft, but if they don't move the vote needle, then they are a waste...

as we are talking voting,

IMO the 2 most UNDER-RATED players who should move the needle but don't, are Joe Gordon and Ron Santo(he's mine!!)

LOL... another opportunity to sell your players you drafted...

But seriously, problem with players like that though, sure it is fun to do the research and find those players... But if you already have a bias to the times, you are not going to be like OOH SLIM "SHADY" Sallee what a great player...

and there is also a disconnect between draft and voting... you can find the best steals in the draft, but if they don't move the vote needle, then they are a waste...

as we are talking voting,

IMO the 2 most UNDER-RATED players who should move the needle but don't, are Joe Gordon and Ron Santo(he's mine!!)

So, I see one clear answer to this. STOP DOING THE DRAFTS!

So, I see one clear answer to this. STOP DOING THE DRAFTS!

honestly, the drafts don't even matter... the mocks are fun when we discuss... it doesn't matter about what... For example, I think LOLZZZ with three Zeds is such a better screen name than nosferatu… as vampires suck...

But if you already have a bias to the times, you are not going to be like OOH SLIM "SHADY" Sallee what a great player...

So, we should only draft players we all agree on? Yeah, sounds fun...

So, we should only draft players we all agree on? Yeah, sounds fun...

I mean, some of us wont agree with eachother no matter what... others will... isn't that what voting is?? not who has the best team, but who the most people think has the best team based on their individual beliefs?? so its the consensus on what we all agree upon...

See what I did??

Milky octopus driving Nos nuts since 2013!!!!

I mean, some of us wont agree with eachother no matter what... others will... isn't that what voting is?? not who has the best team, but who the most people think has the best team based on their individual beliefs?? so its the consensus on what we all agree upon...

See what I did??

Milky octopus driving Nos nuts since 2013!!!!

No and I believe sometimes some people vote for the drafter not the team.