Good Documentaries?

NETFLIX
The Battered Bastards of Baseball

This doc kicks so much ass.

Had no idea before watching it that Kurt Russell was a professional baseball player.

Meltdown: Three Mile Island on Netflix. Heard the story a lot before, but a much deeper dive here. Solid doc.

One of my earliest, faint memories was this. We lived in Allentown, a little over an hour away. And it’s all anyone could talk about, and having to maybe leave our homes if it gets worse.

Meltdown: Three Mile Island on Netflix. Heard the story a lot before, but a much deeper dive here. Solid doc.

One of my earliest, faint memories was this. We lived in Allentown, a little over an hour away. And it’s all anyone could talk about, and having to maybe leave our homes if it gets worse.
Have to add an addendum to this since my comments above was halfway through the documentary. I thought it was only half as many episodes.

The years after the events, specifically the cleanup of the reactor they melted is the most compelling thing. Rick Parks, a nuclear technician and whistleblower….his story is compelling as fuck.

Summed up best at the end…..(paraphrasing slightly) “you cannot have a viable nuclear energy program in the US if it is pegged to profit motive”.

I haven't watched it yet but it just came out on Paramount+ earlier this week and the trailer looks good. It's about the local doctors who first "treated" JFK after he was shot talk about how they kept secret for 60+ years how there was a wound to his throat that made there being just one shooter impossible.

Not necessarily a documentary, but Painkiller on Netflix has been very good so far. It's about how the opioid crisis blew up.

Squaring the Circle
Netflix
Story of the design house which created some of the iconic album covers of classic rock. Good interviews with stars and gives you a new angle on the music of that era.

Squaring the Circle
Netflix
Story of the design house which created some of the iconic album covers of classic rock. Good interviews with stars and gives you a new angle on the music of that era.
Watched this the other day. I grew up in the 70s and was always fascinated with album covers. Like early Floyd and Zepplin.