THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL GT: Detroit Lions (0-0) @ Kansas City Chiefs (0-0) W1

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't read anything into the first week polls

- CFB fans
... and no one should get too excited about week 1 in the NFL. I am a Lions fans, but the season is 17 games and playoffs (hopefully). The bandwagon fans are going nuts here in Detroit, but I know that this is the first step in a journey of a thousand miles. There are currently 31 teams standing between us and the Super Bowl Championship.

... and no one should get too excited about week 1 in the NFL. I am a Lions fans, but the season is 17 games and playoffs (hopefully). The bandwagon fans are going nuts here in Detroit, but I know that this is the first step in a journey of a thousand miles. There are currently 31 teams standing between us and the Super Bowl Championship.
32. The Lions are most often the Lions' worst enemy. It would've happened again last night if the Chiefs weren't more Lions than the Lions.

32. The Lions are most often the Lions' worst enemy. It would've happened again last night if the Chiefs weren't more Lions than the Lions.
You might be right with the 32, but it is not the Lions they have to worry about ...

jq31wSE.jpeg

You might be right with the 32, but it is not the Lions they have to worry about ...

jq31wSE.jpeg
My perception of that topic is: all things balance out. Fans of all teams feel like they're playing against the refs. Reality is that some borderline calls go your way and some go the other, but many fans only seem to acknowledge the ones that don't benefit them - classic victimhood.

In last night's game, the final KC drive down by 1 - KC's OL committed legitimate holding penalty and false start penalties and the refs rightfully called them. Neither team was fighting the refs, only their own incompetence.

If you would've posted this poll prior to last nights game:
Scenario: 2:30 left. Down by 1. 1st & 10 on own 45 yard line. 6-play drive includes a dropped pass, holding penalty, false start and turnover on downs. Which team had the ball? The winner of the poll would've overwhelmingly went "Lions".

I think they said the Lions closed out the season last year winning 8 out of 10 games, so 9 out of 11 by any team should not be a surprise to anyone.
I've been a Lions fan my entire life. I was season ticket holder for about 10 years out of college, including the year the Lions went 0-16. In my lifetime, the Lions have exactly one playoff win.

Around the Metro Detroit -- we all just wait for the SOL to show up. SOL doesn't stand for "Shit Outta Luck", it stands for "Same Ol' Lions". Lions fans don't even know what it is like to have a good team, we expect the bottom to fall out. That is all we know.

My perception of that topic is: all things balance out. Fans of all teams feel like they're playing against the refs. Reality is that some borderline calls go your way and some go the other, but many fans only seem to acknowledge the ones that don't benefit them - classic victimhood.

In last night's game, the final KC drive down by 1 - KC's OL committed legitimate holding penalty and false start penalties and the refs rightfully called them. Neither team was fighting the refs, only their own incompetence.

Scenario: 2:30 left. Down by 1. 1st & 10 on own 45 yard line. 6-play drive includes a dropped pass, holding penalty, false start and turnover on downs. Which team had the ball? The winner of the poll would've overwhelmingly went "Lions".
How many teams in the NFL have rules named after them because of plays the refs blew the call on? Or have had multiple apologies issued by the NFL for calls at the end of games they admit the refs blew the call?

Detroit has the "Calvin Johnson catch rule" -- after he caught a game winning pass, got both feet down, a knee, his butt and then tried to stand up, yet it was called no catch. It is now called "completing the process of the catch".

Detroit has the "Jim Schwartz coaching challenge rule" -- after Arian Foster was blatantly down, but the refs didn't blow the whistle, so he kept running and the refs told Detroit they weren't allowed to challenge the play, because Schwartz threw the red flag too soon.

Detroit has the apology by the NFL after Brandon Pettigrew was held not once, but twice on his route in a playoff game, then he was interfered with, yet the refs decided to pick up the flag. Instead of end of game -- Dallas goes down to score and Detroit loses.

Detroit has the apology by the NFL for the Aaron Rodgers facemask that was called, when his facemask wasn't touched. Again, instead of end of game, it gave him one more down and he completes a hail mary on an untimed play and we lose.

Detroit has the apology by the NFL for the blown call against the Seahawks, when Calvin Johnson was about to score and the ball was stripped, and the Seattle player intentionally batted the ball out of the end zone. Instead of Detroit's ball with a chance to win -- they gave Seattle a touchback and Detroit loses.

I can keep going. NO ONE...........and I mean NO ONE, has been screwed by the refs more than the Lions.

How many teams in the NFL have rules named after them because of plays the refs blew the call on? Or have had multiple apologies issued by the NFL for calls at the end of games they admit the refs blew the call?

Detroit has the "Calvin Johnson catch rule" -- after he caught a game winning pass, got both feet down, a knee, his butt and then tried to stand up, yet it was called no catch. It is now called "completing the process of the catch".

Detroit has the "Jim Schwartz coaching challenge rule" -- after Arian Foster was blatantly down, but the refs didn't blow the whistle, so he kept running and the refs told Detroit they weren't allowed to challenge the play, because Schwartz threw the red flag too soon.

Detroit has the apology by the NFL after Brandon Pettigrew was held not once, but twice on his route in a playoff game, then he was interfered with, yet the refs decided to pick up the flag. Instead of end of game -- Dallas goes down to score and Detroit loses.

Detroit has the apology by the NFL for the Aaron Rodgers facemask that was called, when his facemask wasn't touched. Again, instead of end of game, it gave him one more down and he completes a hail mary on an untimed play and we lose.

Detroit has the apology by the NFL for the blown call against the Seahawks, when Calvin Johnson was about to score and the ball was stripped, and the Seattle player intentionally batted the ball out of the end zone. Instead of Detroit's ball with a chance to win -- they gave Seattle a touchback and Detroit loses.

I can keep going. NO ONE...........and I mean NO ONE, has been screwed by the refs more than the Lions.
Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

Every team in the league can play that game. The supposed "ref darling" Packers I hear so much about by opposing fanbases have a South Park episode that mocked a time the Packers got screwed by a call.

d42fcc2a-563e-4adc-974d-424e3378f2aa_text.gif

Face it, Lions fans, you do not have a Platinum Victim Card, you've got a Gold Card like everyone else.

Dez Bryant on line one, sir.

The common theme isn't who is getting screwed, it is who benefits.

Every team in the league can play that game. The supposed "ref darling" Packers I hear so much about by opposing fanbases have a South Park episode that mocked a time the Packers got screwed by a call.

d42fcc2a-563e-4adc-974d-424e3378f2aa_text.gif

Face it, Lions fans, you do not have a Platinum Victim Card, you've got a Gold Card like everyone else.
It's just a coincidence that more times than not an egregious call is going against whomever the Pack are playing is just that, coincidence huh?

It's just a coincidence that more times than not an egregious call is going against whomever the Pack are playing is just that, coincidence huh?

7 random citations of questionable calls against in the last few posts. Two versus the Packers. Two versus the Seahawks. One versus the Cowboys. One versus the Bears. One versus the Texans.

If "more times than not" was true, at least four of those citations would've been versus the Packers. Which do you think is more likely?... Given 1000 random questionable calls in 1000 random NFL games, 500 of them were versus the Packers or all 32 teams in the NFL have around 30 for and 30 against?

I think most people missed the "it was suppose to be humorous" theme of the post.

7 random citations of questionable calls against in the last few posts. Two versus the Packers. Two versus the Seahawks. One versus the Cowboys. One versus the Bears. One versus the Texans.

If "more times than not" was true, at least four of those citations would've been versus the Packers. Which do you think is more likely?... Given 1000 random questionable calls in 1000 random NFL games, 500 of them were versus the Packers or all 32 teams in the NFL have around 30 for and 30 against?
If there is a bad call in MLB, I know Angel Hernandez is most likely the culprit.

If I hear a team got fucked on a call in the NFL, I know that teams opponent is most likely the Packers.

Glad to see you guys are practicing your "blame it on the refs" excuses right up til game time.