Hard to belive Lamelo Ball may go #1

Magic went from 76% at the line to a league-leading 91%. If he could get that number up to 85%+ it'd impact every part of his game.

Yeah but Magic is one of the outliers, more so that the norm. If you look at say the top 100 freethrow shooters and top 100 3 point shooters, you will see the vast majority of both having above 35% 3 point shooting and 80% free throwing.

New mock draft from CBS Sports up today with Anthony Edwards going No. 1 to the Timberwolves, Wiseman falling to Charlotte, and the Knicks trading up to get LaMelo.

I think folks are downgrading LaMelo because his Dad's a loudmouth.

The kid has been playing professional basketball since high school. Obviously, the Australian league isn't the NBA, but it's a professional league and he was #2 in both assists and steals in that league. I'm pretty sure there have been a couple of pretty good NBA players who started out in that league.
Yep.

hes gonna be a version of tatum at guard (frame wise), i can see it. hes gonna end up around 6'9 or more. i can see within 2-3 years, 17/7/7or so. he'll be 21/22 by then.
I see him being a Shaun Livingston type......if Livingston had never got hurt.....not the version that turned into a role player.

D'Lo is at his best when he's playing the 2. LaMelo is a 1 and an excellent passer. If the Minny plays LaMelo at point and D-Lo at 2, it could work.
Yeah.

I see him being a Shaun Livingston type......if Livingston had never got hurt.....not the version that turned into a role player.
one of the worst nba injuries of all time. kid was on a star path. amazed he salvaged a career like he did.

one of the worst nba injuries of all time. kid was on a star path. amazed he salvaged a career like he did.

Yeah, he was looking like he was gonna develop into an all timer.

Kid is legit 6' 8" and growing!

People forget, he's been playing professionally against grown men since he was 16. Obviously, these aren't NBA level leagues...but the Australian league he was in has produced some solid NBA players.

It's unlikely that he'd have a shot at the #1 pick in a better draft, but he'd still be in the top 10.

I think most of the questions are because of his loudmouth Dad.

People forget, he's been playing professionally against grown men since he was 16. Obviously, these aren't NBA level leagues...but the Australian league he was in has produced some solid NBA players.

It's unlikely that he'd have a shot at the #1 pick in a better draft, but he'd still be in the top 10.

I think most of the questions are because of his loudmouth Dad.
Zo is going to have to take over, which he's shown he can do that over the shoes bullshit. Zero doubt someone like Magic had a heart-to-heart with Zo and told him to distance himself publicly from LaVar or it was going to end up costing him a bunch of money.

Something changed as soon as Melo left his Dad's control and went to a real basketball league.

Man, did you see some of those highlights? That stutter-step pull-up three with a defender in his face from 3? That was Kobe if I ever saw it.

He looks like a man now. I'm actually excited about this and tbh, pulling for the kid.

He's actually really improved his game.....
That's a massive understatement. Last I saw, he was a decent local high school player, now he's a grown-ass man with Kobe-type moves.

I hope Zo has him in the gym in LA 8 hrs a day with pro coaches. He needs to come in day one with a lights-out pullup 3. That means shooting a thousand 3's a day.

That's a massive understatement. Last I saw, he was a decent local high school player, now he's a grown-ass man with Kobe-type moves.

I hope Zo has him in the gym in LA 8 hrs a day with pro coaches. He needs to come in day one with a lights-out pullup 3. That means shooting a thousand 3's a day.
He's always had the potential to be the best Ball brother and he's going to turn that into a reality.

Zo is going to have to take over, which he's shown he can do that over the shoes bullshit. Zero doubt someone like Magic had a heart-to-heart with Zo and told him to distance himself publicly from LaVar or it was going to end up costing him a bunch of money.

Something changed as soon as Melo left his Dad's control and went to a real basketball league.

Man, did you see some of those highlights? That stutter-step pull-up three with a defender in his face from 3? That was Kobe if I ever saw it.

He looks like a man now. I'm actually excited about this and tbh, pulling for the kid.

Yeah, Lavar quieted down a good bit after the shoe thing. Once LaMelo went to the Aussie league, he's been silent.

I'm pretty excited to see what happens with this kid as well.

Yeah, Lavar quieted down a good bit after the shoe thing. Once LaMelo went to the Aussie league, he's been silent.

I'm pretty excited to see what happens with this kid as well.
The kids might very well have said "we'll give you two mil a year to stay out of our careers"

Last I heard is Ball could go #2 because he had an impressive workout for GS. Anyone else?