Votes: 21 47.7%
  • Najee Harris

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Kyle Trask

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Trevor Lawrence

Votes: 14 31.8%

• Total voters
I do think it is hit an miss though. I don't think the teams that played a full schedule need to apologize for anything. No *sterisk to me for OU winning the Big Xii (the @ WVU game was irrelevant), Alabama winning the SEC (in a 10 game conference schedule) or Clemson winning the ACC (in a 10 game conference schedule with ND added to boot), as they all 3 did the same (OU) or more (Alabama and Clemson) than they would need to do in a given year. Same for Alabama or Clemson if they win the CFP. Well earned and deserved with no *sterisk in my book. However, there is a B1G fat *sterisk next to Ohio State's B1G Championship and / or CFP Championship (if they win it). BTW, good luck to OU in the Cotton Bowl! I hope The Big Xii is 2-0 in the NY6 this year. We need the good press heading into 2021! :)
PLEASE beat the shit out of Oregon.

I voted Trevor Lawrence because I don't think a girl has ever won it.

Kenan Thompson Lol GIF by Saturday Night Live

That's true. What about 1996? Iowa State was one dimensional too. Run, Troy, Run against 8 and 9 man fronts all year. DW doesn't win the Heisman with the ISU receivers, etc. that season, so does that lessen what he did to win the Heisman due to the NFL receivers, etc. he had on that 1996 Gator team?

Just pointing out that it works both ways. GREAT players should NOT be penalized for playing with other GREAT players. Mac Jones still has to be GREAT to do what he did this year. If you think he doesn't deserve it due to the eye candy, then maybe the eye candy deserves it?
I don't remember 20+ years ago with such clarity as yourself, especially Iowa State. But I see that your boy didn't even win the award for best RB that season. And that team finished with just 2 wins.

This could be why he didn't win.

This season, Mac Jones has 2 other Heisman Candidates on his team, and a great O-line. His team was considered the best from week 1. Florida's offense was stripped, and the Gators weren't even expected to play in the SECCG, let alone make it a competitive game. Do you think Trask would be successful at Alabama this year? I do.
Do you think Jones would be successful at Florida this year? He might have... Can't say for sure.

That's all I'm saying...

Bullshit. Ever since Waddle went down everybody has tried to double Smitty and they still haven’t stopped him. He is the only guy that has abused Stingley in B2B years.

Our reciever core isn’t great once you get past Smitty. Metchie is decent but not great and LOL at Slade Bolden. Florida has a better receiving core than Alabama.
Fortunately for us we should be getting Waddle back for the Playoffs(or at least the NCG)
LOL right. something like 80% of Florida's offense was gone. No one but gator fans knew the offense would still be good.

Yeah, poor alabama and their stable of 5-star players.

We all feel for you. Truly.

Would Alabama lose to Notre Dame if Jones had to sit out?

JMO but I think Alabama is just so much better than the field that you can pick 2-3 players and make a strong case for the award off of that team.

To me,Lawrence means most and DOES put his team at the “elite” level and possibly could a few more if you plug him in there. Not sure I could say that about Trask or Jones.

Notre Dame with Lawrence... much better

A&M..... much better

Oklahoma.. much better

I’d vote for him personally but...

Last edited:
I don't remember 20+ years ago with such clarity as yourself, especially Iowa State. But I see that your boy didn't even win the award for best RB that season. And that team finished with just 2 wins.

This could be why he didn't win.

This season, Mac Jones has 2 other Heisman Candidates on his team, and a great O-line. His team was considered the best from week 1. Florida's offense was stripped, and the Gators weren't even expected to play in the SECCG, let alone make it a competitive game. Do you think Trask would be successful at Alabama this year? I do.
Do you think Jones would be successful at Florida this year? He might have... Can't say for sure.

That's all I'm saying...
The irony about TD in 1996 is that the offense was decent, and it was ALL TD. They averaged more ppg than the 1992 Alabama NC Team as a matter of fact! The issue with the 2-9 record was the putrid defense that gave up 45 ppg or something awful like that. No kidding!

His best game was in 1996 vs. Mizzou when he rumbled for 378 yards. I was there! Flew back from California for the game.

No worries on the Alabama great player front. Alabama is used to winning more NCs (11 APs) and less Heisman Trophies (2) than other programs.

BTW, looking forward to the old Gatorchip avatar - which is the best on the board!

Let's Go State! Beat the Ducks!

Would Alabama lose to Notre Dame if Jones had to sit out?

JMO but I think Alabama is just so much better than the field that you can pick 2-3 players and make a strong case for the award off of that team.

To me,Lawrence means most and DOES put his team at the “elite” level and possibly could a few more if you plug him in there. Not sure I could say that about Trask or Jones.

Notre Dame with Lawrence... much better

A&M..... much better

Oklahoma.. much better

I’d vote for him personally but...
Yes! Bryce Young would probably struggle against the ND defense, and I do think ND could beat Alabama without Mac Jones.

I don’t know why everyone automatically disregards Mac Jones because of the talent around him.

He has efficiency wise had a better season than Burrow last year and NOBODY SAID A FUCKING WORD about Burrow throwing to 3 1st Round WRs, a 1 Round RB, and having a Joe Moore winning OL.

So How come only an Alabama QB should be dinged for surrounding talent?

Trevor Lawrence or Mac Jones should win it.

I don’t know why everyone automatically disregards Mac Jones because of the talent around him.

He has efficiency wise had a better season than Burrow last year and NOBODY SAID A FUCKING WORD about Burrow throwing to 3 1st Round WRs, a 1 Round RB, and having a Joe Moore winning OL.

So How come only an Alabama QB should be dinged for surrounding talent?
People did brought up all he talent that surrounded Burrow but it was mute because you can say the same for the other finalist. The main problem for Jones winning the Heisman is his teammate Devonta Smith is winning Heisman

In the year of BLM. Who do you think wins????