Henry Ruggs charged with DUI resulting in death

Our team just likes to hit the Wendy's drive thru, drunk and naked

"Apparently, a Wendy's drive-thru worker called police after ex-Illinois and current Detroit Lions assistant coach Joe Cullen allegedly pulled his SUV up to the window and placed an order in the nude"
iu

I was just reading something about Ruggs hearing postponement. The mandatory minimum sentence for him is two years, with maximum 50. What are the odds that he gets the shorter sentence, 2-5 year ballpark, and is able to return to professional football? He's not the first nor last NFL guy to have pretty severe legal issues. I'm not a NFL fan though, so perhaps there are newer rules in the league that would prevent that possibility.

I was just reading something about Ruggs hearing postponement. The mandatory minimum sentence for him is two years, with maximum 50. What are the odds that he gets the shorter sentence, 2-5 year ballpark, and is able to return to professional football? He's not the first nor last NFL guy to have pretty severe legal issues. I'm not a NFL fan though, so perhaps there are newer rules in the league that would prevent that possibility.
Mike Vick came back from nearly 2 years in jail to play again. Dogs aren't the same as humans though.

It could happen. Dante Stallworth killed a pedestrian and got another job in the league.

It could happen. Dante Stallworth killed a pedestrian and got another job in the league.
The DUI portion is egregious. Killing someone was not his end goal though. I guess it would depend upon whether he is considered valuable enough talent-wise.

The DUI portion is egregious. Killing someone was not his end goal though. I guess it would depend upon whether he is considered valuable enough talent-wise.
Yes. All it will take is one owner willing to pay him, and the NFL allowing it. So he better hope it is some team like the Giants that always get away with whatever they want, that want his services.

Stallworth's was a DUI, too. He did 30 days in jail, paid a settlement to the family, and lost his license permanently. He had to spend a year out of the league, too. So Ruggs would almost certainly face additional punishment from the league, in terms of eligibility.

Honestly I think he's going to be in for quite awhile. Vegas has a major DUI situation daily, this case hit national news, they can't just slap him on the wrist.

I think the postponement was by the defense, to try and put the public anger at bay. People are pissed the fuck off about this case. I think they make a bit of an example of him at sentencing, give him 8 to 15 years range. He probably does 4.

As to his return, who knows. It won't be for big bucks, regardless. Anything he does make will get heavily taxed by the victims families in civil court. So personally, I hope he does some time, I hope he learns, and I hope he makes enough money to pay that girls family, and they have something good to do with it.

He fucked up bad, and I also wouldn't give a shit if they gave 40 years. He killed a girl and her poor dog, burned alive by eye witness accounts, all because he was throwing a drunken fit. I have never driven 158mph in a drunken rage, but if I did, I would have no choice but to take the consequences.

I think the postponement was by the defense, to try and put the public anger at bay. People are pissed the fuck off about this case. I think they make a bit of an example of him at sentencing, give him 8 to 15 years range. He probably does 4.

As to his return, who knows. It won't be for big bucks, regardless. Anything he does make will get heavily taxed by the victims families in civil court. So personally, I hope he does some time, I hope he learns, and I hope he makes enough money to pay that girls family, and they have something good to do with it.

He fucked up bad, and I also wouldn't give a shit if they gave 40 years. He killed a girl and her poor dog, burned alive by eye witness accounts, all because he was throwing a drunken fit. I have never driven 158mph in a drunken rage, but if I did, I would have no choice but to take the consequences.
To be fair, I’ve never had a vehicle capable of touching 158 MPH

Mike Vick came back from nearly 2 years in jail to play again. Dogs aren't the same as humans though.

Dog fighting has been a blood sport for centuries. Vick got a raw deal if you ask me.

Dog fighting has been a blood sport for centuries. Vick got a raw deal if you ask me.
It wasn't just the dog fighting that put him away. It was the treatment of the dog no longer needed that put him away. (Electrocution, Slamming into concrete)

He did his time and I was fine with him returning to play, but stop with the bleeding heart for Vick.

It wasn't just the dog fighting that put him away. It was the treatment of the dog no longer needed that put him away. (Electrocution, Slamming into concrete)

He did his time and I was fine with him returning to play, but stop with the bleeding heart for Vick.
That and he’d throw in terriers and lap dogs in to the fighting dogs to be viciously killed

Oh hogwash. There’s no bleeding heart. A white QB wouldn’t have done time

POS.

Hope he rots in prison.

Really good article.
When my brother was in college, he worked a part time gig in his trade. The location of the job was reasonably aligned with a local airport runway. One day while on the job he heard a crash and explosion. He ran outside to investigate and found a small plane went down right next to the property. He was the first on the scene. The smell & sight of burning flesh still haunts him 20 years later.

I drive fast. Always have. That being said, I still can’t fathom how he drove that fast on that road.

I drive fast. Always have. That being said, I still can’t fathom how he drove that fast on that road.
Drunk and with no regard to anyones safety.

He can rot in hell.