GAME Holiday Bowl: #15 Louisville vs USC • 7CT • FOX

Without accounting for opt outs and transfers, Liberty is better than the following teams on Oregon's schedule according to model:

Washington State
California
Colorado
Arizona State
Stanford
Hawaii
Portland State
i also expect them to score more than Utah and Oregon State did.

Helton really fucked up the roster with his classes his last couple years.. Lincoln needs to keep grabbing OL/DL players
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Without accounting for opt outs and transfers, Liberty is better than the following teams on Oregon's schedule according to model:

Washington State
California
Colorado
Arizona State
Stanford
Hawaii
Portland State

I get the desire to want to play them up. But stop. Whatever model you’re using… how many of those matchups are you really taking Liberty? Maybe 2 is the answer. They ARE NOT the Boise States or UCFs or Utahs of old.

Honestly, this might be the first time I’m pulling for Oregon to do what Oregon does to lesser competition. For the sake of college football, send a message that these silly matchups for silly matchup sake in new years bowl games should end.

Christ, even if Liberty pulls a miracle out of their online Christian school asses we won’t even get a good OD reaction out of it, he’d just ignore it and rightfully so, no one cares.

I get the desire to want to play them up. But stop. Whatever model you’re using… how many of those matchups are you really taking Liberty? Maybe 2 is the answer. They ARE NOT the Boise States or UCFs or Utahs of old.

Honestly, this might be the first time I’m pulling for Oregon to do what Oregon does to lesser competition. For the sake of college football, send a message that these silly matchups for silly matchup sake in new years bowl games should end.

Christ, even if Liberty pulls a miracle out of their online Christian school asses we won’t even get a good OD reaction out of it, he’d just ignore it and rightfully so, no one cares.

My model still thinks Oregon should be favored by 20.5 vs. Liberty (not accounting for opt outs, transfers, etc.)

The bottom half of the PAC, like most leagues, was not particularly good. I'm not sure why you're acting surprised that a 13-0 G5 could beat some of them.

I mean probably more than those 2 combined. But Utah and OSU were still better teams than Liberty this year.

I mean probably more than those 2 combined. But Utah and OSU were still better teams than Liberty this year.
For sure. Put Liberty playing either of those schedules. And the results would be...

My model still thinks Oregon should be favored by 20.5 vs. Liberty (not accounting for opt outs, transfers, etc.)

The bottom half of the PAC, like most leagues, was not particularly good. I'm not sure why you're acting surprised that a 13-0 G5 could beat some of them.
They can for sure beat some of them. But if Liberty goes in -6 against any of them, I’m not taking Liberty.

They can for sure beat some of them. But if Liberty goes in -6 against any of them, I’m not taking Liberty.

I would take Liberty -6 vs. Stanford. My model has Liberty -14 vs. Stanford on a neutral field.

They have a capable offense. and all i said was a better game than half the schedule.
considering that 6 teams only scored 10 or less against Oregon and that 2 more didnt break 20 i dont see how saying they could do better than all that is playing them up.

They have a capable offense. and all i said was a better game than half the schedule.
considering that 6 teams only scored 10 or less against Oregon and that 2 more didnt break 20 i dont see how saying they could do better than all that is playing them up.
They have had a capable offense against the worst possible FBS schedule. They’ve faced nothing close to Oregon’s defense.

Felt like when I was growing up BYU played in this game every year