Poll HooplaNation's All-Time Greatest CFB Coach Tourney - #2 Bryant vs #3 Osborne

Who do you think has/had a better CFB coaching career?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You’re old, but claiming a NC when you lost by multiple scores to a team that had to travel across the whole country to play in your backyard that ended the season with the same record as you is quite frankly desperate and pathetic
@outofyourmind and I were not talking about National Championships at all but make-up of the two teams (1979 and 1978 Alabama) that we liked or disliked. Alabama was (12-0) in 1979 and (11-1) in 1978. However, we both liked the 1978 team better for different reasons. Winning or not winning a National Championship had nothing to do with it (at least for me). The 1978 team was more fun to watch with players I liked better including Jeff Rutledge, Tony Nathan and Dwight Stephenson who were not on the 1979 team.

Whether you approve or not, Alabama was awarded the A.P. National Championship after they knocked off #1 Penn State in the Sugar Bowl. I agree that U.S.C. was more worthy due to the head to head win over Alabama @ Legion Field in September (I was at the game), but Alabama was voted the A.P. National Champion. It's a fact. Every single school that has won the A.P. National Championship since 1936 claims it, and the A.P. is the most widely recognized selector of the Poll Era. Claiming it is not "desperate and pathetic".

@outofyourmind and I were not talking about National Championships at all but make-up of the two teams (1979 and 1978 Alabama) that we liked or disliked. Alabama was (12-0) in 1979 and (11-1) in 1978. However, we both liked the 1978 team better for different reasons. Winning or not winning a National Championship had nothing to do with it (at least for me).

Whether you approve or not, Alabama was awarded the A.P. National Championship after they knocked off #1 Penn State in the Sugar Bowl. I agree that U.S.C. was more worthy due to the head to head win over Alabama @ Legion Field in September (I was at the game), but Alabama was voted the A.P. National Champion. It's a fact. Every single school that has won the A.P. National Championship since 1936 claims it, and the A.P. is the most widely recognized selector of the Poll Era. Claiming it is not "desperate and pathetic".
A team with pride would have acknowledged USC was the real champs that year. Inbred participation trophies are gross

A team with pride would have acknowledged USC was the real champs that year. Inbred participation trophies are gross
U.S.C. was the UPI National Champion. Alabama was the AP National Champion.

But USC’s is the only one any honest person should recognize
I recognize ALL AP and UPI National Championships - even when I disagree with the result. I also do not try to go in the way back machine and change history. That being said, I personally choose to HONOR Undefeated, Untied Bowl Teams (including UCF in 2017 for our @Knight&Day friend) above all others throughout the different Eras of College Football. That is why when I wrote my thoughts on Coach Bryant vs. Coach Osborne, I compared their Undefeated, Untied Bowl teams (3 each) and did not even mention National Championships. As for Undefeated, Untied Bowl Teams, Alabama leads the way All-Time with 10 (1925, 1930, 1934, 1945, 1961, 1966, 1979, 1992, 2009 and 2020). Penn State is next with 5 (1968, 1969, 1973, 1986 and 1994). Then, there are the others including Georgia (1946 and 1980) and UCF (2017). Let the Trophies fall where they may!

I recognize ALL AP and UPI National Championships - even when I disagree with the result. I also do not try to go in the way back machine and change history. That being said, I personally choose to HONOR Undefeated, Untied Bowl Teams (including UCF in 2017 for our @Knight&Day friend) above all others throughout the different Eras of College Football. That is why when I wrote my thoughts on Coach Bryant vs. Coach Osborne, I compared their Undefeated, Untied Bowl teams (3 each) and did not even mention National Championships. As for Undefeated, Untied Bowl Teams, Alabama leads the way All-Time with 10 (1925, 1930, 1934, 1945, 1961, 1966, 1979, 1992, 2009 and 2020). Penn State is next with 5 (1968, 1969, 1973, 1986 and 1994). Then, there are the others including Georgia (1946 and 1980) and UCF (2017). Let the Trophies fall where they may!
The polls were poorly done and biased back then. We’ve at least had the BCS for as long as I can remember, anything before that needs to be examined. 64 shouldn’t have had to have happened before the AP finally decided to count bowls, and UPI waited another 10 years completely discredits them

How I feel right now...

determined-john.gif

How I hope to feel at the end of this...

aNu51Qy.gif

So, how do you feel?

Meh, fuck Iowa.

Wow. Most legendary coach of all time vs some dude that was a bitch in his own league until we found out his daddy was so dirty that he had crack dealers for quarterbacks.

Y'all need to take a step back and stop being a bunch of homers.

Wow. Most legendary coach of all time vs some dude that was a bitch in his own league until we found out his daddy was so dirty that he had crack dealers for quarterbacks.

Osborne doesn’t claim fake championships

Osborne >> Bryant

Osborne doesn’t claim fake championships

Osborne >> Bryant
All 6 of Bryant's Championships are AP and or UPI just like Tom Osborne's. You may not like the result of the vote from a given year, but none of them are "fake".

Are you saying that Bear Bryant was squeaky clean??

Keegan-Michael Key Lol GIF by HULU

• 100!
Reactions: Me
BWow. Most legendary coach of all time vs some dude that was a bitch in his own league until we found out his daddy was so dirty that he had crack dealers for quarterbacks.

Nebraska's fans are turning into that beautiful girl in high school who wants to go back to her 20th Reunion and get laid again by the stud quarterback. However, she's been packing on 3 lbs a year and is now putting her makeup on with a trowel. But she figures the size 22 mini-skirt is just the thing do the trick. It's hard to explain to her without hurting her feelings that having an ass wider than a Chevy half-ton and flirting like she's in heat ain't a good look. It's kinda sad in a way because everyone but her knows she'll never be the same again and her stories about how things used to be have become unbearable. Nebraska has turned into a fat chick.

LoL at Tom Osborne greatest CFB coach

Not even the greatest coach in his own conference.

Look at OU fans getting in a tizzy. I'm sorry your tampon string broke off, you're just gonna have to use your fingers.

B36q3IGPBxFE4z9sITXNIukIiBmYZAWALyE_oLe0io1yfQEt1fljMNMG-Zd55bn9IkvuG-TCzp1JHk9GWfS76Osvai-UXlCodvibQbFzWj45ANVr36e0kBi4mkIREiFcoDSCqrk6OZVz2g

Look at OU fans getting in a tizzy. I'm sorry your tampon string broke off, you're just gonna have to use your fingers.

B36q3IGPBxFE4z9sITXNIukIiBmYZAWALyE_oLe0io1yfQEt1fljMNMG-Zd55bn9IkvuG-TCzp1JHk9GWfS76Osvai-UXlCodvibQbFzWj45ANVr36e0kBi4mkIREiFcoDSCqrk6OZVz2g
Yeah? Speaking of "red". Nebraska's fortunes have faded so badly they're going to start chanting "Go Big Pink! Go Big Pink!".

What is interesting is I got convinced that Switzer>Osborne and I almost got convinced that Osborne>Bryant. I don't know if I would have gotten convinced Switzer>Bryant.