HooplaNation's All-Time Greatest CFB Coach Tourney - Entry Thread

Lavell Edwards

And

:les:

If Bob Stoops is gonna be in here, Tressel needs to as well, since he's the better of the two

So far...

Amos Alonzo Stagg
Bernie Biermann
Bobby Bowden
Frank Broyles
Mack Brown
Bear Bryant
Bob Devaney

Vince Dooley
Phil Fulmer
Woody Hayes
Lou Holtz
Jimmy Johnson
Johnny Majors
Urban Meyer
Robert Neyland
Tom Osborne
Joe Paterno
Eddie Robinson
Knute Rockne
Darrell Royal
Nick Saban

Bill Snyder
Steve Spurrier
Gene Stallings
Bob Stoops
Barry Switzer
Bud Wilkinson
I would have the ones that are bolded as well as....

Frank Leahy
Dabo Swinney is prime to make an entry too.

I think when discussing this, we should focus on coaches that made their name at the FBS/P5 level.

So far...

Amos Alonzo Stagg
Bernie Biermann
Bobby Bowden
Frank Broyles
Mack Brown
Bear Bryant
Bob Devaney
Vince Dooley
Phil Fulmer
Woody Hayes
Lou Holtz
Jimmy Johnson
Johnny Majors
Urban Meyer
Robert Neyland
Tom Osborne
Joe Paterno
Eddie Robinson
Knute Rockne
Darrell Royal
Nick Saban
Bill Snyder
Steve Spurrier
Gene Stallings
Bob Stoops
Barry Switzer
Bud Wilkinson
If Gene Stallings is in, you cannot keep Howard Schnellenberger out.

nah, we're good
I don't think he's top 16. Just wanted to mention him since Stoops was, and they're is the same group (but Tress is definitely a notch higher)

I don't think he's top 16. Just wanted to mention him since Stoops was, and they're is the same group (but Tress is definitely a notch higher)
I don't know. The last 5 years Tress was the coach, Ohio State was not respected nationally and he left in disgrace.

I don't know. The last 5 years Tress was the coach, Ohio State was not respected nationally and he left in disgrace.
He has a better win percentage (I believe), more BCS wins, and the same number of national championships. If a blind eye to guys selling stuff for tattoos drops you below on-field results, then ok

He has a better win percentage (I believe), more BCS wins, and the same number of national championships. If a blind eye to guys selling stuff for tattoos drops you below on-field results, then ok

Meh. The reputation for Tressel's teams were the best team by default in the Big Slow(which was an accurate name at the time for the Big 10) that was gonna get destroyed by whatever SEC team they faced in a bowl.

Stoops had a longer career and he ended his career on his terms.

That's simplifying the matter a tad bit, don't you think? The guy was a disgraced because he's a hypocrite who said haughtily preached one thing, but did something entirely different and lied to cover up misconduct.

I want to know what he didn't get caught at.

Howard Jones
John McKay
Pete Carroll

Meh. The reputation for Tressel's teams were the best team by default in the Big Slow(which was an accurate name at the time for the Big 10) that was gonna get destroyed by whatever SEC team they faced in a bowl.

Stoops had a longer career and he ended his career on his terms.
Stoops is one of the most overrated coaches ever. Talk about beating up on interior competition. Look at his postseason results.

Johnny Majors
Gene Stallings
Phil Fulmer
Vince Dooley
Spurrier
General Neyland
Watson Brown j/k
This list is a joke except spurrier and I guess neyland if your going back to the 1920s.

Mike Price, best coach in Pac 10 history and is the only Alabama coach to never lose a game.

Just cut to the chase

Bryant
Wilkinson
Paterno
Davany
Saban
Woody
Osborne
Eddie Robinson
Meyer
Leahy