Eddie Robinson
Knute Rockne
Nick Saban
Amos Alonzo Stagg
Glenn Pop Warner
Bud Wilkinson
Fielding H Yost

Last edited:
Not sure what the correct answer is on this one, but Tom Landry and Nolan Ryan are the greatest Texan American men of all time.

What. No Tommy Bowden?

@Edisto_Tiger

run away oh my GIF by Miles Brown

Stoops is one of the most overrated coaches ever. Talk about beating up on interior competition. Look at his postseason results.
Bowl games where no natty is on the line are meaningless.

Both had fluke natty seasons. I don’t think Stoops ever got blown the fuck out in a NCG when they were so heavily favored that the media was ready to crown them before the game even started

Paul Brown? Or was his college career too short?

Both had fluke natty seasons. I don’t think Stoops ever got blown the fuck out in a NCG when they were so heavily favored that the media was ready to crown them before the game even started

Talking Season 1 GIF by FOX TV

"Fluke"

Oklahoma wasn't favored, but they did get blown out in one

"Fluke"

They absolutely got ran off the field vs SC in 2004.. Fuck Mack Brown for losing to them with VY and Cedric Benson in the backfield.. how do you go scoreless and lose 12-0

We will start with this list to start filtering them out, I will actually do a few polls to filter out and seed, so if you can think of any more names, we can include them.

Amos Alonzo Stagg
Bernie Biermann
Bobby Bowden
Frank Broyles
Mack Brown
Bear Bryant
Pete Carroll
Bob Devaney
Vince Dooley
Phil Fulmer
Woody Hayes
John Heisman
Lou Holtz
Jimmy Johnson
Howard Jones
Frank Leahy
Johnny Majors
Jim McKay
Urban Meyer
Robert Neyland
Tom Osborne
Joe Paterno
Mike Price
Eddie Robinson
Knute Rockne
Darrell Royal
Nick Saban
Howard Schnellenberger
Bill Snyder
Steve Spurrier
Gene Stallings
Bob Stoops
Dabo Swinney
Barry Switzer
Jim Tressell
Pop Warner
Bud Wilkinson
Fielding Yost

"Fluke"

Yes, fluke. A lot of wins against mediocre teams that were pulled out of their ass just to get there, and ref assisted when there.

Stoops did get to 4 NCGs, two weren’t deserved, but he was there and also made the playoffs a couple times before retiring, and he doesn’t have a black mark by his name