Horror Movies

Caught the Train to Busan sequel last week. While I wasn't as big a fan as everyone else seemed to be about the original (just another zombie movie, felt like Speed, but with Zombies), the sequel went in another direction. Not good or bad (well not counting the CGI), felt like after the success they tried to cater it more to a US audience and the results weren't great.
Yikes. I was wanting to see this soon.

Could you explain more about the "diff direction"?

Couple throwaway watches this weekend: Ravage (2019) & Hunter's Moon (2020)... Both were garbage

Yikes. I was wanting to see this soon.

Could you explain more about the "diff direction"?
Well, right off the bat, I think knowing how lazy we can be they threw us a bone and had sections of the movie that were in English. They threw in more action set pieces, but the CGI in some areas was just bad (felt like it could have been an episode of Z Nation at times).

Horror & thriller movie enthusiasts unite! Use this thread to discuss any horror movies you have watched, want to see (coming soon), or in the rumor mill. The good, the bad & the ugly are all welcome!

Having to reboot this thread for the new site! Let me know if you want me to move any movie reviews we did over at the other site onto here.
Did you catch the 2018 Halloween? I was surprised how good it was really enjoyed the tributes to the preceding movies thrpughtbtbe movie. The clown with a knife lamp, the gas station, scale Myers house in the one bedroom etc.

Well, right off the bat, I think knowing how lazy we can be they threw us a bone and had sections of the movie that were in English. They threw in more action set pieces, but the CGI in some areas was just bad (felt like it could have been an episode of Z Nation at times).
Yeesh... Sounds like the typical “made for the fans” type of half-assery

Did you catch the 2018 Halloween? I was surprised how good it was really enjoyed the tributes to the preceding movies thrpughtbtbe movie. The clown with a knife lamp, the gas station, scale Myers house in the one bedroom etc.
Man I tried so hard to love that film... The 1978 film is my holy grail of horror... and that 2018 movie was just painful for me.

dont get me wrong... there was a lot to love about it: the setup, the mood, the nostalgic recreations, the fun word plays, etc... but the logical flaws in the story itself were just incredibly bad. Like the writers spent all their time & effort on the nostalgia and took a giant dump for the movie plot itself.

first horror movie in a theatre was
Amityville Horror -
took a "date"
think we were 14 -
mom dropped us off -

scared the hell outta us -

Hmm, first horror movie in a theater for me, think it might have been Anaconda (it's listed as a horror). Went with some friends because it was a movie with J-Lo and Cube, obviously a ridiculous movie, but very fun. Don't know what Voight was going for, but it worked for us, as did everything else. Damn, think we walked home for a couple miles after that one. While not a horror, much more fucked up is I recall watching Sleepers (which wasn't a horror and at the time, we were very disappointed with the overall results) The description made it sound so fucked up, but afterwards we were like, yeah, so it's like Camp Adams.

Man I tried so hard to love that film... The 1978 film is my holy grail of horror... and that 2018 movie was just painful for me.

dont get me wrong... there was a lot to love about it: the setup, the mood, the nostalgic recreations, the fun word plays, etc... but the logical flaws in the story itself were just incredibly bad. Like the writers spent all their time & effort on the nostalgia and took a giant dump for the movie plot itself.
You would have to explain what you mean. I know I read the writers were only counting the first Halloween or the first 2 when making this, all other films were disregarded essentially as noncanon lol.

Also have you seen The Head Hunter? Looked interesting. It has 100% on RT but fairly bad audience score. Anyone in here have any first hand accounts of this movie?

You would have to explain what you mean. I know I read the writers were only counting the first Halloween or the first 2 when making this, all other films were disregarded essentially as noncanon lol.

Also have you seen The Head Hunter? Looked interesting. It has 100% on RT but fairly bad audience score. Anyone in here have any first hand accounts of this movie?
Not speaking to the sequential timeline... Just the plot itself was exceptionally stupid in multiple moments.

I'm here! Of course I must mention the greatest horror movie ever made! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Zombeavers-1.jpg

Last edited:
Let's get some of the great ones on here. Respect.

traintobusan.gif

48fcbb543f07efd81808900bff12f8a1.png
img-1.png

train-to-busan-1.jpg

Well shit, I'm gettin' the hang of this early. Ain't that a pisser! :)

9a8621c0a23ee298731fe39428cfaa62.gif

Just watched....

Incarnate - 3/10 Dumb.

Annabelle Comes Home -5/10 silly teen stuff, but isn't awful.

The Conjuring 2 - 6.5/10 Pretty decent.

My favorite all-time horror movie is Hellraiser. This movie kept me awake as a kid. The sequels suck.

The only horror movie that actually scared me after age 16 in Event Horizon.

Get Out is the best more recent one I can think of, if that's even considered horror.

My favorite all-time horror movie is Hellraiser. This movie kept me awake as a kid. The sequels suck.

The only horror movie that actually scared me after age 16 in Event Horizon.

Get Out is the best more recent one I can think of, if that's even considered horror.
Me too regarding Hellraiser.

EH was awesome.