How long does New England stick with Newton before going to Stidham or (insert name here)?

I gotta think this next game is his last chance, Cam has looked pretty bad the past two/three games. I don't know why Bill would continue trotting out a 30+ year old mobile quarterback if nothing is getting accomplished.

I figured Cam was probably done but watching that game Sunday he looks downright awful. Not sure about Stidham. He needs alot of reps.

Everybody bailing on CAM and forgetting the guy is getting over COVID and doesn't have one receiver worth a shit.

The Pats gonna turn this around and win the super bowl.

Can't recall where I read it but Dallas was possible for Cam? JJ still wants to win his division. Cam is cheap. And may better than anything they have now.

Then Stidham can play without pressure.

And Dallas can deal with Newton.

I know Schmoopy doesn't like this, but it's what I read.

Can't recall where I read it but Dallas was possible for Cam? JJ still wants to win his division. Cam is cheap. And may better than anything they have now.

Then Stidham can play without pressure.

And Dallas can deal with Newton.

I know Schmoopy doesn't like this, but it's what I read.
I've heard that but it was just speculation by some talking heads. If the Pats went that direction it would basically be throwing the towel in on the season.

They shouldn't have drafted Stidham, he can't hit the long ball, he likes to fumble in the red zone and he sucks under pressure. He is great at hitting the short passes and that's about it.

So quality guys that were available:

Andy Dalton
Cam Newton
Jameis Winston
Philip Rivers

BB did wait way too long and it looked like Cam was there to be a backup but I knew the minute he was picked up he would be the starter. They don't have anyone else and there wasn't anyone out there to grab at that point but Newton or Winston. In the first two games Cam was pretty good and literally missed beating Seattle by the last play of the game where he didn't get one more inch but if Cam couldn't get that inch no one was getting it. I've never seen a more automatic 4th and 1 guy in my life and I watched a ton of his games.

This team is falling apart and its not Cams fault and this season was lost in the offseason to bad decisions all the way around for BB. It has little to do with Brady (although lets face it he is one of the best in the game) but its a huge reason he wanted out. Brady saw the writing on the wall and he knew the team inside and out and he didn't want to get caught in this mess.

So take your Cam hate and shove up your butt.
winston would be an interesting reclamation project. hes not even 27 yet.

I've heard that but it was just speculation by some talking heads. If the Pats went that direction it would basically be throwing the towel in on the season.

If they trade Gilmour that's what they are doing anyway. Unlike Dallas they are more realistic about their chances.

Bunch of those out there.

Mariota
Rosen too.
winston always intrigued me. size, big arm, can move enough (his career is a decent season for a RB, 250 carries, over 1k yards, and 10 TD's, 4.2 per)

i want no part of rosen or mariota.

winston always intrigued me. size, big arm, can move enough (his career is a decent season for a RB, 250 carries, over 1k yards, and 10 TD's, 4.2 per)

i want no part of rosen or mariota.

Rosen hasn't even had a real shot.

Rosen hasn't even had a real shot.
he sorta has and hasnt. he said something this year that stands out to me...literally "well, there are people in this league that think i can still play" when he signed on in tampa (not sure if you know hes there). no belief in himself. "well, other people say i can play, so i guess i can".

its funny, fitzs 3 worst games vs the patriots (as a team):

outscored 118-6

34-3 with buffalo
41-3 with the jets
43-0 with miami

he sorta has and hasnt. he said something this year that stands out to me...literally "well, there are people in this league that think i can still play" when he signed on in tampa (not sure if you know hes there). no belief in himself. "well, other people say i can play, so i guess i can".

I know he's there. I'd still try him out.

winston would be an interesting reclamation project. hes not even 27 yet.
Winston is in New Orleans and if I was them I would give him away to the Pats without a deal that was slanted largely in my favor.

Regardless the Pats aren't going to get any better with a new QB as they need to rebuild, do it right and just enure the pain. Honestly, I think that is where they are anyway mentally and just not publically stating it. They made a mistake hanging onto Brady as long as they did. It probably bought them one more Super Bowl but I think they are there with Garoppolo in 2019.

Winston is in New Orleans and if I was them I would give him away to the Pats without a deal that was slanted largely in my favor.

Regardless the Pats aren't going to get any better with a new QB as they need to rebuild, do it right and just enure the pain. Honestly, I think that is where they are anyway mentally and just not publically stating it. They made a mistake hanging onto Brady as long as they did. It probably bought them one more Super Bowl but I think they are there with Garoppolo in 2019.
2021 they reload, 100 mil in cap space and a litany of picks.

3 TD's
11 picks

all 3 Pats QB's in 2020