Poll How long will Deion last at Colorado?

multiple votes allowed (and possibly even encouraged)

• 0 (he won't even show up)

Votes: 2 5.3%

Votes: 5 13.2%

Votes: 14 36.8%

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • 4 or more

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Rocky Mountain potato salad

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters
Is Coach Prime, or has he ever been, a member of tPromise Keepers?

Colorado seems a real weird place for him either way.

Nebraska hiring Matt Rhule is the best hire IMO. If he can pull Baylor out of that mess, he can get Nebraska at least contending for division titles
I honestly don’t see this as a possibility.

He beat a bunch of awful teams that one year at Baylor. But never beat any good ones. And played military academies, UConn and The likes of Tulane when he was at Temple.

Then was garbage in the NFL.

The west was way down this year, but he still has to play east teams. And beat them in order to contend for the lesser division.

Nah, son.

He never defeated a ranked team while at Baylor. Can't win the big ones.
To be fair, he took over one of the biggest rebuilding jobs I can remember and had them playing in a NY6 bowl and getting beat down by a UGA team that had half the team either sitting out or suspended before bolting to the NFL.

I don’t think Rhule is the right guy to get em back to their former glory, but he’s the right guy to get em competitive again

Hell. Illinois will win the West before Nebraska. Big Bert is building a beast.
Iowa, Wisky and Minny are far better programs at this point.

And the Fightin’ Fitzgeralds won’t stay down long.

Illinois should’ve won this year, but had an awful November. That defense is legit.

Poor Purdue gets no love from me, but actually won the damned thing.

Said it before and I’ll say it again, Schiano will have Rutgers consistently playing in bowls before anyone does at Nebraska. But I wish him luck recruiting feed lots out there.

Pac12 w/o USC or UCLA

he is crusin yearly to 7 wins
They're not gone next year though, and Colorado's schedule is tough. If he can even get to 3 wins that may be enough for someone else to offer him.

He's not going to the NFL.. he doesn't resonate with NFL players like he does with college kids. Plus he can recruit and it's his strong suit.

He can only go up at Colorado.. he wins 5 games next season that would be a huge improvement.. I think he stays for 4 years unless Norvell gets canned sooner and FSU pleads for him to return.

I thought this program was dead, but they made an explosive hire, nobody was talking about Colorado, even when Mel had his Covid breakout season there.. Now it's leading ESPN, FOX news story. He's a smart guy, he knows he has to acquire talent and the guy knows how to fill out his staff.. Taking the coach from aggy who just came from GA (and was vital in aggy getting the #1 class, ever a season ago) is already paying off. He probably takes in the malcontents like Denver Harris (former 5 star CB) and reels them in.

It's going to be a fun watch.

He's not going to the NFL.. he doesn't resonate with NFL players like he does with college kids. Plus he can recruit and it's his strong suit.

He can only go up at Colorado.. he wins 5 games next season that would be a huge improvement.. I think he stays for 4 years unless Norvell gets canned sooner and FSU pleads for him to return.

I thought this program was dead, but they made an explosive hire, nobody was talking about Colorado, even when Mel had his Covid breakout season there.. Now it's leading ESPN, FOX news story. He's a smart guy, he knows he has to acquire talent and the guy knows how to fill out his staff.. Taking the coach from aggy who just came from GA (and was vital in aggy getting the #1 class, ever a season ago) is already paying off. He probably takes in the malcontents like Denver Harris (former 5 star CB) and reels them in.

Who?

Mel had a breakout season in 2020? Michigan State went something like 2-5 that season.

Mel had a breakout season in 2020? Michigan State went something like 2-5 that season.
ahh my bad .. 2019 was his breakout season when he won 5 games at Colorado.. Then MSU backed up the Brinks for him

Prime got two words to remember... "I coming"

I think he gets to 4 or 5 wins quick... Taking the next step to 6-8 wins will take a few years.... So yea, Think he stay 4-5 years..

He played 14 seasons in the NFL and made roughly 33 million dollars over that period.... He just signed a 5 year deal for 30 million... So he will make waaaaay more money coaching than he did in his career... That's crazy to me...

He will have to "show something" at Colorado in order for him to resign or to move on to a bigger school for more money... From what I've seen, he is all in and I believe he will be able to sign kids Colorado would have never been able to even talk to before Deion..

I'm rooting for him... It will be interesting

Prime Time meets with the Colorado players for the first time

They're not gone next year though, and Colorado's schedule is tough. If he can even get to 3 wins that may be enough for someone else to offer him.
They open at TCU and host the corn aggies the next week.