I catch ‘em when I go!

Yup, ours is done. All the lakes are mostly open at this point with a little ice left in shady spots. 60's all week here. But on the other hand, that means bass/pike/walleye season is approaching!

It was -20 degrees two weeks ago and I was fishing on 7-8 inches of ice. As of this past weekend, it's all gone. 70's this week. Stupid how quick it changed.

It was -20 degrees two weeks ago and I was fishing on 7-8 inches of ice. As of this past weekend, it's all gone. 70's this week. Stupid how quick it changed.
Same here, we had - temps 3 weeks ago. I was ice fishing 4 weeks ago. Now it's spring and flowers are starting to pop up. Weird how some years winter will last through to the end of March and some years it's like this where you hit march and winter is just done.

IMG_0192-700x525.jpg

Full-blown jealousy

I can't even imagine the gear he was using. 11wt flyrod like he was fishing for bulls or what?
I haven't heard what he was using yet. Serious toad tho.

trout stocking has started in MD...need to get out there sooooooooon

stocked streams and ponds open up this weekend in MD.

I looking forward to getting my waders in the water.

Had our first 80 degree day yesterday, so I played a little hooky after my morning meetings on a "remote work" day, took my boat out and caught a couple. Had a really nice bass that I got all the way up to the boat, lifted in the air before he plopped back in the water before I could get a picture. And then caught this little 18" pike, but didn't want to slime my boat so he stayed dangling:
pike.jpg
Also, these were my first fish on my new Shimano Curado DC reel and it was awesome. Defiantly works better in the wind than my normal curado.

booked a long weekend trip in PA to do some fly fishing on Penn Creek in June. My first real fly fishing trip so pretty pumped for that.

did some reading on what bugs they are seeing and stocked up on some flies and supplies.

also there will be plenty of good beer.

booked a long weekend trip in PA to do some fly fishing on Penn Creek in June. My first real fly fishing trip so pretty pumped for that.

did some reading on what bugs they are seeing and stocked up on some flies and supplies.

I also have my annual trip in early June. I hate wishing away months, but damn I'm so excited for it this year after last year where we had it canceled, moved to August and spent the entire time hoping it didn't get shut down (it didn't). Really looking forward to hanging out with no kids, drinking beer, sitting around the fire and fishing.

Last edited:
  • 100!
Reactions: ill
Looks like one of them had been caught before or something bit it's lip off....

Reds!!!!!!

179038335_10223811805216142_4164566650246242487_n.jpg179083653_10223811808576226_5381671301546060338_n.jpg179002860_10223811804016112_2622578491796267263_n.jpg

Are you getting excited? Because I can barely focus on anything I'm so pumped for mine. Two weeks from tomorrow I'll be sipping ice cold Coors on a boat.