i don't give a shit about bama. Who is the next HC at Washington?

SM is universally starting to report Washington has their guy.

SM is universally starting to report Washington has their guy.
Right now those closest to it say they were down to 3 candidates with one more interview tonight and a decision 'to follow' within the next 48 hours and an introductory presser Tuesday.

Would love to know who that 3rd person is because you'd expect you would want that to be your top choice so you can hard offer right there. But who knows.

Courtney Morgan was on the plane with Deboer, Ryan grubb was not 🤔🤔
I'm not hight on Grubb. The pros are fantastic OC, so still good offense, came up with DeBoer so has that whole scrappy winning magic thing, on most current staff, maybe salvage some current players/recruits/transfers for next year. Cons are fuck DeBoer, let's wash are hands of him (with the disclaimer maybe Grubb is pissed at him too, and in that case, fair), unproven wonder boy coordinator, how'd that go last time, no connection here other than the job, can he recruit? because the whole staff's recruiting ability was in question, and we really don't know, and if he's successful when does he bail? we really need someone who can be here for a haul and create stability.

I'm still on if we're going to take a chance on a coordinator, why not Tui? Similar pros/cons, except good rep as a recruiter, loves the UW and could sell it, AND he never bails if it works out.

Another pro for Grubb, DeBoer doesn't have him at Bama, and we can find out how much of the equation he is.

I'm not hight on Grubb. The pros are fantastic OC, so still good offense, came up with DeBoer so has that whole scrappy winning magic thing, on most current staff, maybe salvage some current players/recruits/transfers for next year. Cons are fuck DeBoer, let's wash are hands of him (with the disclaimer maybe Grubb is pissed at him too, and in that case, fair), unproven wonder boy coordinator, how'd that go last time, no connection here other than the job, can he recruit? because the whole staff's recruiting ability was in question, and we really don't know, and if he's successful when does he bail? we really need someone who can be here for a haul and create stability.

I'm still on if we're going to take a chance on a coordinator, why not Tui? Similar pros/cons, except good rep as a recruiter, loves the UW and could sell it, AND he never bails if it works out.
Most of SM is speculating on 🐠 and I'm not buying that... yet.

Had been some discussion yesterday about desire to have someone with prior HC experience so I'm not convinced Grubb is their first choice, but he could be 2 or 3. He might get some offensive guys to jump back in knowing his potent offensive calling, but doubt he moves the needle much on defense and that side is pretty decimated right now.

🐠 would feel like a panic play looking to poach zona players to keep from dropping too much next year, but knowing the guy isn't going to have any loyalty and could be gone anytime.

1705194591276.png

Watching You Pedro Pascal GIF by The Academy Awards

Most of SM is speculating on 🐠 and I'm not buying that... yet.

Had been some discussion yesterday about desire to have someone with prior HC experience so I'm not convinced Grubb is their first choice, but he could be 2 or 3. He might get some offensive guys to jump back in knowing his potent offensive calling, but doubt he moves the needle much on defense and that side is pretty decimated right now.

🐠 would feel like a panic play looking to poach zona players to keep from dropping too much next year, but knowing the guy isn't going to have any loyalty and could be gone anytime.
Yeah, that hire will do very little to get me excited, at the risk of getting repetitive, I really think now is the time to prioritize getting someone who will be in for the haul, even if that means accepting a couple down years.

Yeah, that hire will do very little to get me excited, at the risk of getting repetitive, I really think now is the time to prioritize getting someone who will be in for the haul, even if that means accepting a couple down years.
These are never simple. Hope it isn't Smith either as I'd like to not fall asleep during pressers and actual games, but that's me.

Okay, hear me out... just hear me out here...

Yes.

The downside to Carroll is he's old as shit and blows up my whole long haul thing. But he'd immediately bring almost Deion level attention, but more positive to the program, would get recruits interested, would crush the transfer portal. Get Tui here as OC, groom him to take over when Pete goes full geriatric in a few years. Boom. Problem solved.

Can't see Pete going out on the recruiting trail as much as is needed.

Yes.

The downside to Carroll is he's old as shit and blows up my whole long haul thing. But he'd immediately bring almost Deion level attention, but more positive to the program, would get recruits interested, would crush the transfer portal. Get Tui here as OC, groom him to take over when Pete goes full geriatric in a few years. Boom. Problem solved.

lol

Yes.

wi8Ez1mwRcKGI.webp

That would earn Washington some viewership numbers that the Big 10 would be thrilled about.

Yes.

I would love that. Guaranteed a quick turn around. Probably wouldn’t have to dump a truck or cash on him either.

lol

The peak of the mountain was a loss in CFCG. It's all downhill now.
Not Oregon downhill, but downhill for sure in the new conference.

Downhill GIF by Fox Searchlight

lol @ all the Iowa fans drooling online over Ryan Grubb. Of all the places he could end up, that has to be lower than even just retiring and walking away as a viable option.