i don't give a shit about bama. Who is the next HC at Washington?

it's gonna be Kliff Klingsbury?

I'd be shocked if we don't find out tomorrow. If it's an existing HC they may need time to speak to their players and staff and whatnot.

And yes, that means another fucking school pissed off about the change and what that brings to their school while they then have to scramble to salvage their program.

Parts of this game just suck.

*For the have nots
Speaking of sucking, watched your program go through the spin cycle for quite a while.

All fan bases know the sting outside of very young Bama fans too new to remember when their program was in the dumps.

Speaking of sucking, watched your program go through the spin cycle for quite a while.

All fan bases know the sting outside of very young Bama fans too new to remember when their program was in the dumps.
lol we never had a successful coach leave us.. coaches, even Mack were pushed out for shit results

we bitched at the ones we pushed out for the dumb shit they did while on the job... never for not doing it "the right way".

lol we never had a successful coach leave us.. coaches, even Mack were pushed out for shit results

we bitched at the ones we pushed out for the dumb shit they did while on the job... never for not doing it "the right way".
You seem to be ok with coaches not reaching out to players before leaving for greener pastures. If that's true, why care if others think it's a bit shitty to do so?

They don't owe anything to the fans. But they should owe some common decency to their staff and players and not have them find out from ESPN. Just my opinion.

But I haven't been bitching about it. I've said since news broke that UW will be fine. We've lost coaches before and came out good.

If DeBoer wanted to leave he should.

it's gonna be Kliff Klingsbury?

Donald Duck Feels Good Man GIF

You seem to be ok with coaches not reaching out to players before leaving for greener pastures. If that's true, why care if others think it's a bit shitty to do so?

They don't owe anything to the fans. But they should owe some common decency to their staff and players and not have them find out from ESPN. Just my opinion.

But I haven't been bitching about it. I've said since news broke that UW will be fine. We've lost coaches before and came out good.

If DeBoer wanted to leave he should.
cause this has happened over and over and over.. this is nothing new. He did talk to the team.. it was recorded lol...

this is why i will never frown upon the transfer portal as much as some people do.

Also.. ESPN and other reporters have shown time and time again that they can get the info as fast as the actual HC at times.. It's a new day where every reporter wants to break it.. so of course players will hear the news from twitter or TV before they have a chance to hear it from the coach... Isn't that what happened here? He set up a team meeting and there were already reports that he was taking the job?

I understand why UW fans would be resentful towards DeBoer. I still resent Slick Willie and Meathead Mario but let's not pretend that this is about how he left. The calls for loyalty seem hollow considering they have a qualified assistant coach who wanted the UW job and UW is apparently deciding to hire someone from outside of the program instead.

Take this from someone who has gone through this before, it's going to be fine. UW is going to hire a new coach who will be able to bring in his guys via the portal. It's a new day in college sports. The one thing Oregon did when they went through this (twice) was focus on improving their program to make it less likely that it will happen again. They've increased their assistant coaching salary pools greatly and now have one of the best NIL programs in the country. Coaches and players will come and go, your program won't.

The calls for loyalty seem hollow considering they have a qualified assistant coach who wanted the UW job and UW is apparently deciding to hire someone from outside of the program instead.

They didn't promote a guy with zero HC history in the wake of how badly doing that with Lake recently means so much for loyalty?

GTFO

That it took until late last night for him to find out at least says he was on the board to begin with.

The only real info we had was they wanted someone with prior HC experience.

I'd reserve judgment until we see who they picked.

Here's the question......
Was DeBoer already talking to Bama when he was preparing for Michigan ???

Because it looks like he was talking to Bama when he played Michigan.
That's the thing the kids were talking about feeling duped. Some around the program question the timing looking back at how things went down.

They didn't promote a guy with zero HC history in the wake of how badly doing that with Lake recently means so much for loyalty?

GTFO

That it took until late last night for him to find out at least says he was on the board to begin with.

The only real info we had was they wanted someone with prior HC experience.

I'd reserve judgment until we see who they picked.

I don't blame UW for passing on Grubb. I wouldn't have given him the job either. It's just funny to watch everyone shit on DeBoer because he took what he saw as the best opportunity. And now we're watching UW make the best decision for themselves, without regard of a top assistant who was with the program and wanted the job.

I don't blame UW or DeBoer. Everyone is making the best decision for themselves, as they should.

That's the thing the kids were talking about feeling duped. Some around the program question the timing looking back at how things went down.
That’s what I’m more interested in, and it’s a problem everyone should care about. This one agent represents all big coaches. It’s really hard to buy the “oh gosh, it all happened so quickly these last couple days guys” line.

I don't blame UW for passing on Grubb. I wouldn't have given him the job either. It's just funny to watch everyone shit on DeBoer because he took what he saw as the best opportunity. And now we're watching UW make the best decision for themselves, without regard of a top assistant who was with the program and wanted the job.

I don't blame UW or DeBoer. Everyone is making the best decision for themselves, as they should.
You can't equate both things. They are not equal.

You say you don't blame fans... while you are blaming fans.

It's a shock to some given they were so close to a national title. Their initial reaction is entirely understandable IMO. And if you agree, then stop shitting on it lol.

All of the fans going overboard will calm down over time and move on to the new staff/team.

You can't equate both things. They are not equal.

You say you don't blame fans... while you are blaming fans.

It's a shock to some given they were so close to a national title. Their initial reaction is entirely understandable IMO. And if you agree, then stop shitting on it lol.

All of the fans going overboard will calm down over time and move on to the new staff/team.

LOL

I'm not blaming anyone. I just said it was funny. And the situations aren't as different as you think. Everyone involved is making the best decision for themselves.

That’s what I’m more interested in, and it’s a problem everyone should care about. This one agent represents all big coaches. It’s really hard to buy the “oh gosh, it all happened so quickly these last couple days guys” line.
We know his words around the contract extension that Dannon had offered weeks earlier was getting more and more weird in that last week.

It's the business end of college football which has turned pretty gross in this new era.

I doubt even if he hadn't been reached out to before the natty if the outcome of that game ends differently. The offense didn't show up. So either way it doesn't change much for me. Any potential distractions didn't cause Penix to miss most of his throws.