I need convincing

Which one?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 891.00
I am not the most technologically savvy. I am leaning towards xbox because back when I played online, all of my friends were on there. But I haven't played online in about 2-4 years so that isn't a huge point of concern.

Most people I ask say Xbox, but a few hardcore ppl I know always say Playstation. Idk man.

Tell me why.

Xbox is the more powerful console with the full power of RDNA2(the newest GPU architecture from AMD) at its disposal (once developers take advantage of all of xbox over playstation it wont even be close) Playstation cheaped out so they wont have all the full features of RDNA2

Xbox also has Game Pass Ultimate - the Netflix of gaming.(hands down the best value in gaming on the market and nothing compares (i challenge you to find a playstation fanboi to claim otherwise even they know this)

Some find backwards compatibility to be a biggy especially those with large older libraries. The new Series X plays all older games better and its only getting better (they are introducing more features every month that helps make them look and run smoother and better utilizing new tech to do it even without the devs having to do anything)

I prefer the Xbox Ecosystem, its structure and stability have been everything i want from a console, not to mention that game pass ultimate on teh console also allows for you to get pc games.

Those are my main reasons despite being fully invested in the ecosystem and all its games

Last edited:
I am not the most technologically savvy. I am leaning towards xbox because back when I played online, all of my friends were on there. But I haven't played online in about 2-4 years so that isn't a huge point of concern.

Most people I ask say Xbox, but a few hardcore ppl I know always say Playstation. Idk man.

Tell me why.
Also Playstation makes you gay, just saiyan.

Also i cannot edit but the S is not on the same level as the X, it has about 1/3 the power so when i make the comparison i am only speaking of the Series X to the PS5 (the only difference in PS5 versions is with and without 4k bluray drive)

RDNA2 - man I told you I am not technologically savvy and you go and speak fucking robot! WTF lol.

What is game pass exactly? I have seen it listed on games, do I need to have it in order to play those games or....

RDNA2 - man I told you I am not technologically savvy and you go and speak fucking robot! WTF lol.

What is game pass exactly? I have seen it listed on games, do I need to have it in order to play those games or....
RDNA2 is the newest architecture with all the latest and greatest features that give the Graphics the most umph. It is difficult to explain without going into details you dont care to know. Both Consoles use AMD for processor and graphics, Microsoft didnt skimp on either and Sony did on both by comparison.

you dont "need" gamepass. what it is is if you have it all the games included in its library are free to play (like watching a movie on netflix) all of microsoft studio games are always free from the moment of release to download and play and will never leave gamepass, so far they made a deal with EA that everything on the EA access list is now part of gamepass too so huge steady library of AAA games there, then there are a bunch of others that move in and out depending on contract length.

I just got done tellin a buddy about it.

The cool thing is right now there is a cool deal if you have 3 years of xbox live gold (the online service that both consoles have a version of) it is 60 a year for xbox live gold, you can convert it all to game pass ultimate for 1 dollar (game pass ultimate is 180 a year and would normally include xbox live gold in it, its a weird promo they've had for a while now that at some point will go away but while it is there it is badass)

If you look at the gamepass library anything that says "game pass" on it is free to play with game pass its pretty sick if you do get it and want help with the whole getting 3 years of ultimate upgrade for the cost of just regular xbox live gold lemme know, its worth it.

I actually just did it again for my kids, i bought a year worth at the beginning of the lockdowns and didnt think id want more so i did an alt account and did another 3 years for them (you can share permissions/license between 2 consoles)

There is more to say but so much more it could fill pages so more if you have questions that have peaked curiosity id say look up what game pass titles are and see if those trip your trigger. Literally any microsoft owned studio goes to Game Pass day 1 of release of brand new AAA game so it is pretty cool there too.

There are a few areas for you to look into now if you really wana know some articles will probably explain it better than i, im a terrible teacher.

At this rate, seems like it'll be xbox.

I've always been a PS guy (since PS2) but have gravitated toward PC for the last decade, or so.

I don't have a dog in the fight, but the wife and I did get our old Wii set up recently and have fun with that. It almost always leads to sex, so I don't mind the shitty graphics.

Tell me why.
if you're just casual and what you mainly played is xbox, why not just stick with it?

if you're just casual and what you mainly played is xbox, why not just stick with it?
Probably sounds silly, but Spiderman. My son really wants to play it and Idk how has the better exclusive titles, but I am pretty sure Spiderman is one of them.

Otherwise, I probably would just stick with Xbox. Plus the last Playstation I had was a PS2... I am kinda interesting to see whats up with the system now lol.

Probably sounds silly, but Spiderman. My son really wants to play it and Idk how has the better exclusive titles, but I am pretty sure Spiderman is one of them.

Otherwise, I probably would just stick with Xbox. Plus the last Playstation I had was a PS2... I am kinda interesting to see whats up with the system now lol.
i'm casual, use my PS4 more as a media center than playing games, but spiderman was fun, bit repetitive, but guess that's a lot of games at points. If you have kids, i'd just let them pick which one then.

At this rate, seems like it'll be xbox.
You could get both :D at some point in 2021 i plan to get a PS5 (digital edition) im just not in a hurry, im still trying to get a 5950X or at the very least a 5900X

You could get both :D at some point in 2021 i plan to get a PS5 (digital edition) im just not in a hurry, im still trying to get a 5950X or at the very least a 5900X
I don't think I could ever justify that to myself, have you seen me talk about buying video games? lol

I heard that the gameboy Pokemon games might be coming to the switch, if that happens, I will probably get that. No way the switch could be that expensive, right?

I don't think I could ever justify that to myself, have you seen me talk about buying video games? lol

I heard that the gameboy Pokemon games might be coming to the switch, if that happens, I will probably get that. No way the switch could be that expensive, right?
think the switch is 300?

pokemon.... yea not really my thing never ever saw the show or got into it

think the switch is 300?

pokemon.... yea not really my thing never ever saw the show or got into it
Didn't really watch the show as a kid, but it was fun to play on the gameboy... come to think of it, it was really the only gameboy game I played.

Didn't really watch the show as a kid, but it was fun to play on the gameboy... come to think of it, it was really the only gameboy game I played.
It wasnt a game on the gameboy during my gameboy phase (og gameboy)

It wasnt a game on the gameboy during my gameboy phase (og gameboy)
It was. I had the original gameboy and played Blue or whatever its called. But it definitely took off with the following gameboys.

jbareham_180924_ply0802_0010.1537823893.jpg

It was. I had the original gameboy and played Blue or whatever its called. But it definitely took off with the following gameboys.

jbareham_180924_ply0802_0010.1537823893.jpg
Yea, but i am pretty sure i wasnt playing it anymore when that came out. I dont remember ever seeing colorful cartridges either.

Yea, but i am pretty sure i wasnt playing it anymore when that came out. I dont remember ever seeing colorful cartridges either.
But $300... maybe if we ever get more stimulus monies lol.

But $300... maybe if we ever get more stimulus monies lol.
ITS COMING!!!

LOL so i googled it yea the first pokemon gameboy game for the og gameboy wasnt until 1996 i was waaaaaay over gameboy by then.

If i ever played it anymore at that point it was roadtrips to colorado and playing tetris, metroid, or kirby (all early gameboy titles)

ITS COMING!!!

LOL so i googled it yea the first pokemon gameboy game for the og gameboy wasnt until 1996 i was waaaaaay over gameboy by then
Damn, I didn't realize the original gameboy was released in 1989. That actually explains a lot. I always thought, there is no way my mom would spend money on a gameboy... it was most likely a hand-me-down/garage sale thing lol. We used to garage sale a lot and I don't remember any gameboy box lol.