I need convincing

Which one?

• Total voters
Damn, I didn't realize the original gameboy was released in 1989. That actually explains a lot. I always thought, there is no way my mom would spend money on a gameboy... it was most likely a hand-me-down/garage sale thing lol. We used to garage sale a lot and I don't remember any gameboy box lol.
Yea my dad liked to spoil me because that was shortly after my parents divorced.

Yea my dad liked to spoil me because that was shortly after my parents divorced.
Never got any of that shit when my parents divorced lol... of course I was 2, so there wasn't really a reason to lol.

Never got any of that shit when my parents divorced lol... of course I was 2, so there wasn't really a reason to lol.
HA yea i got all the goodies after that, i could always count on my dad for the lastest in gaming stuff (including the GameGenie) He used to play it with us too (nintendo and sega that is)

HA yea i got all the goodies after that, i could always count on my dad for the lastest in gaming stuff (including the GameGenie) He used to play it with us too (nintendo and sega that is)
lol... man, I kid you not. I knew only a couple of kids that had the GameGenie, I thought that was a rich person thing or you had to know someone type of thing.

Are you able to finance these systems? Preferably without an interest rate? lol

Are you able to finance these systems? Preferably without an interest rate? lol
LOL I am financing mine without interest (cash/bank account), i dont like credit cards, if i use them i pay them off immediately :D

lol... man, I kid you not. I knew only a couple of kids that had the GameGenie, I thought that was a rich person thing or you had to know someone type of thing.
LOL ive been trying to pay the man back, i have a 7th Xbox One (the original that came with the kinect in 2013) ive offered to give him that and a year of Game Pass Ultimate, to help him with the stress and boredom being stuck inside hes retired and likes to window shop different stores but doesnt during this covid crap.

I still have the nintendos and segas and game genies :D they were badass. It made beating mario brothers 3 (it was my fav) super super easy and fun. unlimited tail flying

LOL ive been trying to pay the man back, i have a 7th Xbox One (the original that came with the kinect in 2013) ive offered to give him that and a year of Game Pass Ultimate, to help him with the stress and boredom being stuck inside hes retired and likes to window shop different stores but doesnt during this covid crap.

I still have the nintendos and segas and game genies :D they were badass. It made beating mario brothers 3 (it was my fav) super super easy and fun. unlimited tail flying
You have 7 xbox ones?

You have 7 xbox ones?
No I guess only 5 since 2 are series x

2 series x
2 xbox one x
1 xbox one s
1 1tb fatboy xbox one without Kinect
1 og 500gb fatboy that came with a Kinect
Only 6 are hooked up to tvs/monitors

2 series x
2 xbox one x
1 xbox one s

You use them as media devices or some shit?

GPU has been pretty sweet imo. I did the $1 deal that NU was talking about a while ago (but did it for one year, not 3...). So I've been using GPU to play PUBG a lot. Can't see myself dropping $12 or whatever a month on it when my little dollar thing runs out though. For every PUBG/Gears 5 (which was Free with Gold this month anyway...), there's 15 completely fucking stupid farm simulator type games to boost their "free games" numbers.

I am not the most technologically savvy. I am leaning towards xbox because back when I played online, all of my friends were on there. But I haven't played online in about 2-4 years so that isn't a huge point of concern.

Most people I ask say Xbox, but a few hardcore ppl I know always say Playstation. Idk man.

Tell me why.
You've answered your own questions IMO. If you have friends on one system but not the other, then go with the system your friends have. Overall, they're super similar. I have a Series X, mostly because I was already in that ecosystem. Google the exclusive games for each, see if any interest you to the point of wanting the system specifically for that game. Otherwise, it's really up to preference. I have always enjoyed the Xbox controller better, which is why I bought into that system originally. It still is true.

GPU has been pretty sweet imo. I did the $1 deal that NU was talking about a while ago (but did it for one year, not 3...). So I've been using GPU to play PUBG a lot. Can't see myself dropping $12 or whatever a month on it when my little dollar thing runs out though. For every PUBG/Gears 5 (which was Free with Gold this month anyway...), there's 15 completely fucking stupid farm simulator type games to boost their "free games" numbers.
I've been thinking of downloading PubG again. I was really into that for like 2 years before Warzone was released. Warzone is getting a bit stale and I still like the loot system in PubG better; in warzone everyone just loots as fast as possible to get their loadouts. PubG forces you to just use whatever random drops and attachments you get.

2 series x
2 xbox one x
1 xbox one s
WTF lol. Are you some gaming youtuber or something? Or is it like one for each person in the house? lol

Regarding the new Xbox, what is the difference between the X and the S?

WTF lol. Are you some gaming youtuber or something? Or is it like one for each person in the house? lol

Regarding the new Xbox, what is the difference between the X and the S?
The x is 3x more powerful in gpu performance more ram I'd have to dbl check the processor. I personally won't buy an S to play 1080 I would rather extra hp under the hood for better performance.

The S is supposed to basically be a 1080 machine where the X is supposed to be 4k machine but there are other differences.

When I bought the one x at release (the previous best console for performance) it too was a 4k capable gaming machine, but I found the enhancement of draw detail and graphics improvement for just being "enhanced for one x" to be great(in 1080) that 4k was meh and the extra power at 1080 eliminated frame rate lag while looking better than the xbox one/s versions of games .

That said the series s won't utilize the one x version of games if they are not "series s|x" optimized where the series x will run the one x optimized versions. Since you're considering it at release it will be a couple years before the performance gains are truly realized for the new series, so if not optimized having the better version may matter to you.

The x has a disc drive where the s doesn't, though reviews have said it's better to get a purpose built 4k uhd player I haven't used mine.

The x is 3x more powerful in gpu performance more ram I'd have to dbl check the processor. I personally won't buy an S to play 1080 I would rather extra hp under the hood for better performance.

The S is supposed to basically be a 1080 machine where the X is supposed to be 4k machine but there are other differences.

When I bought the one x at release (the previous best console for performance) it too was a 4k capable gaming machine, but I found the enhancement of draw detail and graphics improvement for just being "enhanced for one x" to be great(in 1080) that 4k was meh and the extra power at 1080 eliminated frame rate lag while looking better than the xbox one/s versions of games .

That said the series s won't utilize the one x version of games if they are not "series s|x" optimized where the series x will run the one x optimized versions. Since you're considering it at release it will be a couple years before the performance gains are truly realized for the new series, so if not optimized having the better version may matter to you.

The x has a disc drive where the s doesn't, though reviews have said it's better to get a purpose built 4k uhd player I haven't used mine.
I like the way the X fits in my entertainment system. Obviously something left to personal preference, but it's rather unintuitive. The S is as well, but I've seen tons of memes about PS5 owners trying to figure out where to even put that monstrosity.

LBCWDOIM6ZHI7CRUHWMTIMQXRY.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

As far as the S, the only real benefit is the price. If you can't afford the X, the S will allow you to play the new release games for a few years at lower quality. I think I'd get the disc-less version of the PS5 for $100 more than the S.

I like the way the X fits in my entertainment system. Obviously something left to personal preference, but it's rather unintuitive. The S is as well, but I've seen tons of memes about PS5 owners trying to figure out where to even put that monstrosity.

LBCWDOIM6ZHI7CRUHWMTIMQXRY.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

As far as the S, the only real benefit is the price. If you can't afford the X, the S will allow you to play the new release games for a few years at lower quality. I think I'd get the disc-less version of the PS5 for $100 more than the S.
And then that logic I'd get the series x for 100 more than the digital ps5 lol

And then that logic I'd get the series x for 100 more than the digital ps5 lol
It is a slippery slope from "just $100 more for PS5 digital!" to "It's just $200 more to the series X!" lol

It is a slippery slope from "just $100 more for PS5 digital!" to "It's just $200 more to the series X!" lol
yea but it if you can commit 400 to somethign what is 100 more? i dont pretend to know his financial situation but from an entertainment standpoint 2021 is still going to be slow on other things so why not? entertainment budget is entertainment budget for most people. that is like 1 good meal out different