In a modern sense, what does being a blue blood actually mean?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,650.00
I mean, in the last 5 years, only one natty has been claimed by a blue blood and it was in that 2020 Covid season.

UGA, the Florida schools, LSU and Clemson have had more success in my lifetime than any of the blue bloods other than Bama and Ohio State.

Brian Kelly just left a blue blood for LSU

Is it the dawn of the new bloods, or do we still care about what teams did when our grandparents were children?

The old "Blue Bloods" were for that era when they were referred to as being "blue bloods".

But like you pointed out in your OP, there is a new class of blood dominating the college football landscape. Different era. These are the new bloods...

778bym.jpg

I mean, in the last 5 years, only one natty has been claimed by a blue blood and it was in that 2020 Covid season.

UGA, the Florida schools, LSU and Clemson have had more success in my lifetime than any of the blue bloods other than Bama and Ohio State.

Brian Kelly just left a blue blood for LSU

Is it the dawn of the new bloods, or do we still care about what teams did when our grandparents were children?
The phrase isn't relevant anymore. If you haven't won a NC in this century, your team isn't in the upper tiers anymore regardless of what you think.

The phrase isn't relevant anymore. If you haven't won a NC in this century, your team isn't in the upper tiers anymore regardless of what you think.
I think people are a little loose with the term too. Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma and USC are the only teams I really feel comfortable giving that term too since they have modern success, old success and haven’t had any prolonged periods of suckage

• Alabama
  • Ohio State
  • Oklahoma
  • Notre Dame
  • Nebraska
  • Michigan
  • USC
  • Texas

Of the 8 blue bloods I can name...

Only 3 of the 8 have had much success lately.

It means you can join the SEC with no questions asked and bring a shit ton of money to the Conference.

Did I leave anything out ???
What if your team was in the SEC from the get go and has always brought a shit ton of money to the conference?

I think people are a little loose with the term too. Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma and USC are the only teams I really feel comfortable giving that term too since they have modern success, old success and haven’t had any prolonged periods of suckage
I also don't feel like the term was really used much before the 1990s or so, which is why teams like Nebraska and michigan seem to cling to the phrase more than most others.

Shitty Nebraska beat Georgia in 2014.
Shitty tejas beat Georgia in 2019.
In the Kirby Smart era, UGA beat:

Notre Dame in 2017 and 2019
Oklahoma in 2017
Alabama and Michigan in 2021
Ohio State in 2022

Nobody's arguing that Georgia isn't good right now, OD.
If being a blue blood meant anything, it should be impossible for a non blue blood to win a natty. The run of the Florida schools, LSU, Clemson and UGA shouldn’t be possible.

Yer just mad because nobody gives a shit about games that happened in the last century