In a modern sense, what does being a blue blood actually mean?

If being a blue blood meant anything, it should be impossible for a non blue blood to win a natty. The run of the Florida schools, LSU, Clemson and UGA shouldn’t be possible.

Yer just mad because nobody gives a shit about games that happened in the last century

They actually do, and that's what hurts your bunghole.

brooklyn-nine-andy-samberg.gif

Of the 8 blue bloods I can name...

Only 3 of the 8 have had much success lately.

Shitty Nebraska beat Georgia in 2014.
Shitty tejas beat Georgia in 2019.

Did they have a ticker-tape parade?!?!

How many trophies we talking about here?

Haha

Being a blood blood means having to redefine "much success" I suppose.

Blue Bloods is actually a Basketball and NOT Football term and alluded to how most the major powers have blue in their color scheme:

1. North Carolina
2. UCLA
3. Kentucky
4. Duke
5. Kansas

It was primarily referencing those 5 programs.

Blue Bloods is actually a Basketball and NOT Football term and alluded to how most the major powers have blue in their color scheme:

1. North Carolina
2. UCLA
3. Kentucky
4. Duke
5. Kansas

Before I joined the original Hoop, I thought blue blood was a stock market term

I mean, in the last 5 years, only one natty has been claimed by a blue blood and it was in that 2020 Covid season.

UGA, the Florida schools, LSU and Clemson have had more success in my lifetime than any of the blue bloods other than Bama and Ohio State.

Brian Kelly just left a blue blood for LSU

Is it the dawn of the new bloods, or do we still care about what teams did when our grandparents were children?

I thought the term only applied to cbb. And was used on occasion in football because of espn was for sure to screw up every tradition known to college sports.

1. North Carolina
2. UCLA
3. Kentucky
4. Duke
5. Kansas

I was slow to this one. :yo:

You need to let it go. Just let it go. Shake it off.

It's only been a quarter of a century since the last Natty. I'm sure before the next century you'll get another!

1. North Carolina
2. UCLA
3. Kentucky
4. Duke
5. Kansas

jim.jpg

I just got back from a Las Vegas/LA trip where I watched my team win their second consecutive natty, but I’m super jealous of Nebraska. You got me

OK, you win. Georgia got good for the first time since 1980.

Erase all CFB history prior to 2021.

All in favor say "AYE".

If being a blue blood meant anything, it should be impossible for a non blue blood to win a natty. The run of the Florida schools, LSU, Clemson and UGA shouldn’t be possible.

Yer just mad because nobody gives a shit about games that happened in the last century
No. Blue blood is a status identified via looked through the lens of history. It's adding everything up. As teams like UGA keep doing what they are doing, they absolutely will join the group as they could potentially become top ten in things like wins, natties, etc... Teams can fall out too, but it is difficult as it takes long periods of time, just as it took long periods of time to be in the group.

OK, you win. Georgia got good for the first time since 1980.

Erase all CFB history prior to 2021.

All in favor say "AYE".
Georgia was easily a top 10 team of the 21st century before last season.