In a modern sense, what does being a blue blood actually mean?

Is blue blood a lifetime title? If Neb doesn't make a bowl for the next 20 years in a row, can they still be seen that way?
Between Gilbertson and Willingham we had an 8 year bowl dry spell. I say if they match that they lose it, at least until they win a National Championship.

Isn't a blue blood based on what you did in the past? Why would your current conference affiliation matter?

I have no desire to spend 5 pages explaining to you why Princeton in not a Division 1 (FBS) blueblood.

You should have been able to figure that out yourself before you made the stupid post.

I have no desire to spend 5 pages explaining to you why Princeton in not a Division 1 (FBS) blueblood.

You should have been able to figure that out yourself before you made the stupid post.

Princeton is a Division 1 team.

Why aren't they a blueblood? Just because they racked up titles when Nebraska was bad?

Learn to read and comprehend, kiddy pool troll.

I clearly stated Division 1 (FBS).

Why not just say FBS? Princeton is a Division 1 team.

So you're tossing out Princeton because of their conference affiliation, even though they have way more titles than Nebraska?

Sounds like you acknowledge what you do now defines whether you are a blue blood.

Why not just say FBS? Princeton is a Division 1 team.

So you're tossing out Princeton because of their conference affiliation, even though they have way more titles than Nebraska?

Sounds like you acknowledge what you do now defines whether you are a blue blood.

Fine...

Princeton is a bigger blueblood than Oregon.

You win.

LMFAO!!!!

The @Red_Alert / @michaeljordan_fan slap fests are quickly becoming one of my favorite pastimes.
Napoleon Dynamite Fighting GIF

Princeton is a bigger blueblood than Nebraska.

No they are not. They are not one of the Top 10 winningest programs.

The following teams are a bigger blueblood than Oregon.

Yale
Harvard
Penn
Princeton
Mt Union
Wittenberg
North Dakota St
Washington and Jefferson
Pittsburgh St
Dartmouth
Delaware
Widener
Wabash
Tuskegee
Lehigh
Dayton

There ya have it.

No they are not. They are not one of the Top 10 winningest programs.

The following teams are a bigger blueblood than Oregon.

Yale
Harvard
Penn
Princeton
Mt Union
Wittenberg
North Dakota St
Washington and Jefferson
Pittsburgh St
Dartmouth
Delaware
Widener
Wabash
Tuskegee
Lehigh
Dayton

There ya have it.

Do titles matter more than wins?

Do titles matter more than wins?

They are both part of the equation.

On that list of "bigger bluebloods" than Oregon they all have either more wins or more titles than Oregon.

Sorry, but the duckies have at least a couple more decades to invest in this thing we know as D1 college football.

They are both part of the equation.

On that list of "bigger bluebloods" than Oregon they all have either more wins or more titles than Oregon.

Sorry, but the duckies have at least a couple more decades to invest in this thing we know as D1 college football.

Which matters more?

"What matters more" is that Oregon is at least 3 generations from being considered a blueblood by ANY standard.

Nonsense.

Nebraska is 1 generation away from being removed as a blueblood.