Insights To Nick Saban Retiring

Yeah, I didn't mean to denigrate tOSU ... you guys played a hell of a game and should have won. When people say it takes luck to win the NC, you can look at 2022, especially our game with you, as a great example. We dodged Bama, we beat you guys in a game where just one or two plays go differently, and we lose, and then UM lays an egg and gets beat by TCU, a team we then beat by the worst bowl margin ever (until the following year when we beat FSU by more). You have to be good - we were - but you must also have some luck. Every champ has it.
The CFP that year should've been UGA/OSU/Bama/michigan, I definitely agree. That TCU team was unbelievably weak. Even with the loss, though, our game with you guys was undoubtedly one of the best games I've ever watched. Fingers crossed we get to do it again this year.

The CFP that year should've been UGA/OSU/Bama/michigan, I definitely agree. That TCU team was unbelievably weak. Even with the loss, though, our game with you guys was undoubtedly one of the best games I've ever watched. Fingers crossed we get to do it again this year.
It's funny, three times in that game I told the people I was watching with that it was over. For 2, I went to take a leak only to come back and the plays were reversed - the targeting penalty and Bowers' unreal play on 4th down. I felt for user your guy was going to hit the field goal. Again, you can be really good, but you always need to have some luck.

It's funny, three times in that game I told the people I was watching with that it was over. For 2, I went to take a leak only to come back and the plays were reversed - the targeting penalty and Bowers' unreal play on 4th down. I felt for user your guy was going to hit the field goal. Again, you can be really good, but you always need to have some luck.
My wife and I hosted my in-laws for a late Christmas that weekend, and I'm sure you remember, the kick was basically immediately when the clock hit midnight, and it was the least emphatic New Years kiss I could possibly muster lol. My FIL and I both just grumbled through it and went to bed.

My wife and I hosted my in-laws for a late Christmas that weekend, and I'm sure you remember, the kick was basically immediately when the clock hit midnight, and it was the least emphatic New Years kiss I could possibly muster lol. My FIL and I both just grumbled through it and went to bed.
There is a great - for me at least - video of the NYE countdown on a split screen with the kick on another. It was within seconds.

You are letting that one loss do a lot of work. We lost by 3 points ... we weren't manhandled. You watched a different game.

Your response is somewhat correct ... "we won, so fuck off." I get that and it is how I would respond. But you are ignorant if you don't think you dodged a bullet by not having to play us last year. Again, you won the NC, congrats, but your path was easier by not having to play UGA.

Let me show you how intelligent people look at this. I think we dodged a bullet in 2022 when Bama was eliminated from the NC conversation. They were better than any team that made the CFP that year. And, our path was easier because you guys some how lost to TCU. You would have been a far tougher opponent in the NC than TCU was. See, that's how smart people can talk about these things, understanding the reality of how things are, yet still being able to say your are the NC.
You mean smart people, who talk about how they beat a team in 2021, so they would beat them in 2023. Only to say in the very next sentence not to bring up how you lost to Bama and we beat Bama, because CFB doesn't work that way? Those intelligent people?

And no -- I watched the same game. You can grasp at the fact you scored late to make it look closer than it was. Fact is -- Bama led by double digits most of the game and Georgia only had the ball once in the 2nd half with a chance to tie it up, they were trailing by double digits the rest of the time. Then when you finally score late to make it a 3 point game. The entire world knew Bama was going to run the ball and.........................they did exactly that and ran out the clock.

In 2021, MSU beat michigan while Kenny Walker ran for nearly 200 on the ground. MSU then lost to OSU by 49 points, and michigan beat OSU by 15. Then again, you guys had Stallions, so maybe not a fair comparison.
We didn't need Stallions, THE University of Michigan bullied OAM all over the field in the 2021. The entire world knew we were running th ball, including OAM. There was nothing they could do about it. That's what happens when you team takes on the head coaches charmin soft persona.

We didn't need Stallions, THE University of Michigan bullied OAM all over the field in the 2021. The entire world knew we were running th ball, including OAM. There was nothing they could do about it. That's what happens when you team takes on the head coaches charmin soft persona.
"Didn't need Stallions"

Yet this year, when you didn't have him, you barely beat a below average OSU team at home with your greatest team of all-time. Weird how that worked.

"Didn't need Stallions"

Yet this year, when you didn't have him, you barely beat a below average OSU team at home with your greatest team of all-time. Weird how that worked.
2023 was the best team OAM had in the last 3 years and it wasn't even remotely close. The offensive wasn't as explosive as 2021 and 2022, but your defense was LIGHT YEARS better than the charmin soft versions in 2021 and 2022. Your defensive game plan was also light years better than 2021 and 2022 (you are welcome, since you essentially stole it from Michigan - unfortunately for you, Michigan had way better players on the defensive side of the ball)

2023 was the best team OAM had in the last 3 years and it wasn't even remotely close. The offensive wasn't as explosive as 2021 and 2022, but your defense was LIGHT YEARS better than the charmin soft versions in 2021 and 2022. Your defensive game plan was also light years better than 2021 and 2022 (you are welcome, since you essentially stole it from Michigan - unfortunately for you, Michigan had way better players on the defensive side of the ball)
You're right about the defense being better, but the offense was unbelievably bad with McCord when you consider the weapons at his disposal. The OL also took a big step back in 2023 compared to the previous two years. The defense gave up about a TD less per game in 2023 than in 2022 but the offense scored 2 TDs less per game. It's unreal how little you know about football.

Well fuck....

WhoPhoneDis has managed to turn even the 'Nick Saban Retiring' thread into a Michigan/Ohio St pissing match.

Another thread I'll no longer be reading.
Billy Crystal Crying GIF by MOODMAN

You will be truly missed.

You're right about the defense being better, but the offense was unbelievably bad with McCord when you consider the weapons at his disposal. The OL also took a big step back in 2023 compared to the previous two years. The defense gave up about a TD less per game in 2023 than in 2022 but the offense scored 2 TDs less per game. It's unreal how little you know about football.
Actually it is only 10 point difference for the offense -- you averaged 33 points per game with McCord, while facing the #1 defense, #2 defense, #5 defense and multiple other top 25 defenses. McCord didn't play the game when you put up in his backup and put up a whopping 3 points on Missouri, but I'm sure you will find an excuse to blame him though.

2023 OAM would have steam rolled 2021 OAM. The defense was as soft as any OAM team i've ever seen. 2022 OAM would have given 2023 OAM a game, but 2023 OAM was a much more complete team, where as 2022 OAM was all offense and the defense would get boat raced any time they faced a good offense. (top 4 offenses OAM faced in 2022 score 30, 31, 42 and 45)

Actually it is only 10 point difference for the offense -- you averaged 33 points per game with McCord, while facing the #1 defense, #2 defense, #5 defense and multiple other top 25 defenses. McCord didn't play the game when you put up in his backup and put up a whopping 3 points on Missouri, but I'm sure you will find an excuse to blame him though.

2023 OAM would have steam rolled 2021 OAM. The defense was as soft as any OAM team i've ever seen. 2022 OAM would have given 2023 OAM a game, but 2023 OAM was a much more complete team, where as 2022 OAM was all offense and the defense would get boat raced any time they faced a good offense. (top 4 offenses OAM faced in 2022 score 30, 31, 42 and 45)
44-33=11. Nice michigan math though.

Everyone knows 2022 OSU was the best of the last 3 years except for you, because you're not intelligent. McCord was a liability that was bailed out all season by Marv, while Stroud lifted the entire offense. It's wild to me that you've gone to such an extent to slob on McCord's knob, but I guess when your team is completely in shambles and will be fortunate to be top 25 this season and beyond, that's what you've gotta do.

Last edited:
44-33=11. Nice michigan math though.

Everyone knows 2022 OSU was the best of the last 3 years except for you, because you're not intelligent. McCord was a liability that was bailed out all season by Marv, while Stroud lifted the entire offense. It's wild to me that you've gone to such an extent to slob on McCord's knob, but I guess when your team is completely in shambles and will be fortunate to be top 25 this season and beyond, that's what you've

Ahhh yes -- the 2022 team who couldn't cover anyone and you had to blitz your LB's to try and stop the run. The same 2022 team who played 4 above average offenses all year and gave up 30, 31, 42 and 45.
You want to know why OAM has looked nothing like they have in the past? Look at your defense, not McCord, not Stallions, not your OL or any other excuse you can come up with. Was McCord as good as CJ Stroud? Hell no. Was he the reason you guys lost to Michigan again. Hell no. He is your excuse. You lost to Michigan because Michigan was tougher, more physical and way better coached. The same exact recipe Michigan has used the two years prior.

Control the tempo of the game, win the rushing yard battle, make OAM go on extended drives and keep punching OAM's defense in the mouth.

Would you have won with CJ Stroud at QB in 2023? I'd say yes, but that doesn't make it McCord's fault. It is Ryan Day's fault for putting out garbage defenses while you had Stroud. McCord threw for 270 and 2 tds against UM. He threw 2 int's, 1 which was your OL's fault and ended the game. Guess how many Stroud threw in 2022? Did you guess 2 int's?
McCord finished with 7th most passing yards in OAM history, while only throwing 6 int's all year, the same amount Stroud threw in and 2022. He completed 66% of his passes, the same % Stroud completed in 2022. Yet you are placing all the blame on McCord.

As far as UM -- we are back to back to back B1G Champs and THE reigning National Champion of College Football. We could lose every game next year and I wouldn't care in the least, because OAM hasn't won a title in a decade and haven't beaten us since 2019. Life is good.

Ahhh yes -- the 2022 team who couldn't cover anyone and you had to blitz your LB's to try and stop the run. The same 2022 team who played 4 above average offenses all year and gave up 30, 31, 42 and 45.
You want to know why OAM has looked nothing like they have in the past? Look at your defense, not McCord, not Stallions, not your OL or any other excuse you can come up with. Was McCord as good as CJ Stroud? Hell no. Was he the reason you guys lost to Michigan again. Hell no. He is your excuse. You lost to Michigan because Michigan was tougher, more physical and way better coached. The same exact recipe Michigan has used the two years prior.

Control the tempo of the game, win the rushing yard battle, make OAM go on extended drives and keep punching OAM's defense in the mouth.

Would you have won with CJ Stroud at QB in 2023? I'd say yes, but that doesn't make it McCord's fault. It is Ryan Day's fault for putting out garbage defenses while you had Stroud. McCord threw for 270 and 2 tds against UM. He threw 2 int's, 1 which was your OL's fault and ended the game. Guess how many Stroud threw in 2022? Did you guess 2 int's?
McCord finished with 7th most passing yards in OAM history, while only throwing 6 int's all year, the same amount Stroud threw in and 2022. He completed 66% of his passes, the same % Stroud completed in 2022. Yet you are placing all the blame on McCord.

As far as UM -- we are back to back to back B1G Champs and THE reigning National Champion of College Football. We could lose every game next year and I wouldn't care in the least, because OAM hasn't won a title in a decade and haven't beaten us since 2019. Life is good.
No, it was literally McCord. He's the worst QB we had in over a decade. He giftwrapped your first TD for you by tossing that awful INT early on giving you the ball inside our 10. That was the difference in the game, and he offered nothing of benefit over any other QB we've had since Joe Bauserman. LOL at you being "tougher, more physical and way better coached" when you could only barely escape us at home with your greatest team ever.

You truly don't know anything about McCord if you really think he was good. Think about this - have you ever seen a QB go 11-1 as a starter, not get told he would be the starter the next year, and then transfer to a dramatically worse team? There's a reason it happened. I'm glad you've made peace with your team falling off a cliff though.

No, it was literally McCord. He's the worst QB we had in over a decade. He giftwrapped your first TD for you by tossing that awful INT early on giving you the ball inside our 10. That was the difference in the game, and he offered nothing of benefit over any other QB we've had since Joe Bauserman. LOL at you being "tougher, more physical and way better coached" when you could only barely escape us at home with your greatest team ever.

You truly don't know anything about McCord if you really think he was good. Think about this - have you ever seen a QB go 11-1 as a starter, not get told he would be the starter the next year, and then transfer to a dramatically worse team? There's a reason it happened. I'm glad you've made peace with your team falling off a cliff though.
It is priceless listening to your excuses. You are such a homer, you do ann't even realize you do it and I think you truly convince yourself what you are saying is true.

You've now turn the game you gave up 30 points to UM into one play and that means it is McCord's fault. :pound: :shortbus: :pound: :shortbus: :pound:

OAM fans are so unbelievably clueless, they believe they will have a top 10 pick at QB every year because they had a stretch where they hit on QB's, like Stroud, Haskins and Fields. Newsflash -- that isn't the norm. NO ONE, not even the truly elite schools, like Bama and Georgia have that. And because a QB isn't going to be a top 10 pick in the NFL - it doesn't mean "he sucks".

What has sucked about OAM is on the other side of the ball, that you continue to ignore. You haven't had a Lattimore, an Okudah, a Chase Young, a Joey Bosa, an Eli Apple, a Nick Bosa, the list goes on and on.

OAM fans are all about the shiny toys on offense and then coming up with excuses for why you haven't won, when your defense is staring you right in your face. The best player OAM bought this offseason isn't the QB's, it isn't Judkins, it isn't the OL from Bama -- the best player you bought was Caleb Downs. He immediately becomes the best player on your defense.

It is priceless listening to your excuses. You are such a homer, you do ann't even realize you do it and I think you truly convince yourself what you are saying is true.

You've now turn the game you gave up 30 points to UM into one play and that means it is McCord's fault. :pound: :shortbus: :pound: :shortbus: :pound:

OAM fans are so unbelievably clueless, they believe they will have a top 10 pick at QB every year because they had a stretch where they hit on QB's, like Stroud, Haskins and Fields. Newsflash -- that isn't the norm. NO ONE, not even the truly elite schools, like Bama and Georgia have that. And because a QB isn't going to be a top 10 pick in the NFL - it doesn't mean "he sucks".

What has sucked about OAM is on the other side of the ball, that you continue to ignore. You haven't had a Lattimore, an Okudah, a Chase Young, a Joey Bosa, an Eli Apple, a Nick Bosa, the list goes on and on.

OAM fans are all about the shiny toys on offense and then coming up with excuses for why you haven't won, when your defense is staring you right in your face. The best player OAM bought this offseason isn't the QB's, it isn't Judkins, it isn't the OL from Bama -- the best player you bought was Caleb Downs. He immediately becomes the best player on your defense.
I mean, you've yet to ever prove me wrong, so your insults mean nothing. Defense gave up 30 point, 7 of which came because McCord is awful and gave michigan the ball at our 7. Also, I couldn't care less where they get drafted, we've become accustomed to elite QB play at the college level. Any QB we've from Braxton, JT Barrett, Haskins, Fields, or Stroud would've gotten us the win against you last year. Fortunately you faced literally our worst QB in over a decade.

I get that you would kill to have him on your team given your current situation, but that guy was awful. All of his stats were due to Marvin bailing him out. There's a reason guys like Emeka and Fleming had huge down years with him, and clearly a reason why after going 11-1 as a starter at Ohio State, his best option was Syracuse.