Is 18 holes too many?

That's all I'm saying. Use a foot wedge, move from behind a tree or under a bush...fine. But count it as a stroke. You don't get to count only the strokes you like.

I don't think most of these folks consciously think they're cheating, at least at first. But there's no doubt golf is a fucking hard game, and probably the easiest to "cheat" at.
hand waves.

if someone is bragging about a birdie on a hole but they took some liberties with what they consider unplayable lies, then you call them out and say, no, you did this, that counts as a stroke.

We aren't the PGA out here.

Edit: We aren't the PGA but there are still rules.

hand waves.

if someone is bragging about a birdie on a hole but they took some liberties with what they consider unplayable lies, then you call them out and say, no, you did this, that counts as a stroke.

We aren't the PGA out here.
Take your medicine.

It's painful to see someone cheat at league, give the wrong score, and get called out by their playing opponent.

Take your medicine.

It's painful to see someone cheat at league, give the wrong score, and get called out by their playing opponent.
oh I agree. At league play, that's some bullshit.

but for a casual outing with friends, it's ok.

• 100!
Reactions: Me
I can get into a 9 isn't enough, 18 is too many...but I also have a buddy who will convince me to go back to 1 after we finish 18 and see how many more we can get in.

it does take an entire day to play a round, which can be annoying

An entire day?? Shouldn't take longer than 4 hours for a foursome to finish 18

18 is too much for me most of the time. I also suck, so if I am struggling really bad, Im done after 9.
another thing about 18

if you suck, hacking around for 18 holes is just not at all enjoyable.

An entire day?? Shouldn't take longer than 4 hours for a foursome to finish 18
I mean, if there isn't anyone else on the course, sure.

but more likely than not it takes longer than 4 hrs to play 18.

Is the group ahead of you playing too slow?

Weekend golf on a public course can def be an all-day sucker.

sometimes, yes.

have you been golfing before?
Have you tried hitting into em' and then yelling, "HURRY UP, GRANDPA!!"

sometimes, yes.

have you been golfing before?

Two options then either call the course or flag down a ranger and let then know that the group ahead of you is lagging or send then a message by hitting before they clear

Yes, I have golfed before and continue to do so.

I shot 18 on Sunday.

I'm still sore as all hell. I should have stopped at 9, but I was shooting pretty good and I still had 4 more beers in my bag.

I think splitting them into 6's is a pretty cool idea. Front 6, middle 6, back 6.

I can probably get six names for you if you're not too picky so I guess the answer is no? :noidea:

I shot 18 on Sunday.

I'm still sore as all hell. I should have stopped at 9, but I was shooting pretty good and I still had 4 more beers in my bag.
Same. But I played out of my head. Legit 83.

First time out this year, so it feels like every ribcage muscle was pulled en sech.

Two options then either call the course or flag down a ranger and let then know that the group ahead of you is lagging or send then a message by hitting before they clear

and most of the time, there isn't anything you can do about it.

you just suck it up and have a long as round of golf.

• 100!

On a busy weekend, you're going to be very lucky to golf 18 holes.

Back