Is Ryan Day gone if tOSU loses to Michigan?

They should have fired him right after his embarrassing comments after the ND game. If he can survive that, he can survive Michigan being his daddy until the end of time
Yeah not a fan of that. Passion is ok but I thought he was gonna start crying.

Serious question, but if Ohio State loses to Michigan and gets knocked out of the playoffs is Ohio State going to choose to move on from him?
It's hard to argue. He teams have a real good record, but I don't like him. Not in the same way I hated Tressel and Meyer (who I hated for obvious reasons). I would say ohio state keeps Day, regardless.

More importantly, I'm just glad it's not next year when the B10 title game would already be locked up as Michigan and Ohio State, so the teams would be pointlessly be playing this weekend just to play again 1 week later, to play for already guaranteed playoff spots....yay!
The Game will never be the same. Could be better, could be worse. But this will be the last year where everything is on the line.

More importantly, I'm just glad it's not next year when the B10 title game would already be locked up as Michigan and Ohio State, so the teams would be pointlessly be playing this weekend just to play again 1 week later, to play for already guaranteed playoff spots....yay!
I hate it. I would not be shocked if they move The Game to mid-year ala Texas-Oklahoma.

That will suck, too.

They should have fired him right after his embarrassing comments after the ND game. If he can survive that, he can survive Michigan being his daddy until the end of time
No one should be simping for Lou Holtz. That speech had me fired up. Got a bunch of panties twisted in a wad too.
A loss is a loss. Dude can’t win big games
Everyone but Georgia and Bama would kill to have Day’s track record. There can only be one winner:champion at the end.

No one should be simping for Lou Holtz. That speech had me fired up. Got a bunch of panties twisted in a wad too.

Everyone but Georgia and Bama would kill to have Day’s track record. There can only be one winner:champion at the end.
Do you agree that OSU has only played one bad half of football under Day?

Winning changes narratives in a hurry, but for now he’s a guy that can’t beat Michigan and is pure cringe when he talks. He’s Tom Herman with a better record right now.

He goes on to beat Michigan on Saturday and win a natty this year, a lot of people, me especially will have a lot of crow to eat. Until then, he’s just a slightly better James Franklin

Winning changes narratives in a hurry, but for now he’s a guy that can’t beat Michigan and is pure cringe when he talks. He’s Tom Herman with a better record right now.

He goes on to beat Michigan on Saturday and win a natty this year, a lot of people, me especially will have a lot of crow to eat. Until then, he’s just a slightly better James Franklin
We have played more than a bad half of football this season alone

They are underdogs against Michigan and presumably against any SEC team that makes the CFP, so I don’t think you’ll be eating crow this year. Doesn’t mean it was a bad year though. Breaking in McCord has been more of a project than I think we anticipated.

Just all around LOL

They are underdogs against Michigan and presumably against any SEC team that makes the CFP, so I don’t think you’ll be eating crow this year. Doesn’t mean it was a bad year though. Breaking in McCord has been more of a project than I think we anticipated.
Only when comparing him to Stroud last year has it been a "project". The guy is completing 66% of his passes with a 22/4 TD:INT ratio. I'd say the much bigger project has been the OL, namely the tackles.

Line has moved significantly in OSU’s favor, but underdogs or no, losing to Michigan with Harbaugh suspended would make the narrative surrounding Day a lot worse than it is currently

The answer to ODs original question is no.

He won't get fired this year. But I think next year his seat would be lava hot. Especially with a new AD coming in.

Only when comparing him to Stroud last year has it been a "project". The guy is completing 66% of his passes with a 22/4 TD:INT ratio. I'd say the much bigger project has been the OL, namely the tackles.

McCord does fine as a distributer but he's not going to attack and make amazing things happen like Stroud and Fields did.

He has the talent, but mentally the game is still just a little too fast for him, I'm glad he settles that with caution most of the time instead of panic and forcing bad throws though. We just need him to distribute and not make those back breaking mistakes. He doesn't have to be all world.

Agreed, the noise will be deafening if he loses
The noise from the media and idiotic fans likely would, but not within the program. His players love him and he's been extremely successful. He has the defense back on track, the offense is still playing well even with a step back from last year, and his recruiting has been elite. It'd be beyond moronic to fire him.

we will find out the answer to this question pretty soon.