Is Ryan Day gone if tOSU loses to Michigan?

McCord does fine as a distributer but he's not going to attack and make amazing things happen like Stroud and Fields did.

He has the talent, but mentally the game is still just a little too fast for him, I'm glad he settles that with caution most of the time instead of panic and forcing bad throws though. We just need him to distribute and not make those back breaking mistakes. He doesn't have to be all world.
He's not Stroud, you're not wrong, but very very few QBs are. He hasn't needed to be Stroud, though, either. He's shown improvement through the year and is good enough to take us where we want to go. Keep in mind - Stroud threw the ball 441 times his first year as a starter while McCord has only thrown 318 times, so of course his quantitative numbers aren't going to be as good.

The noise from the media and idiotic fans likely would, but not within the program. His players love him and he's been extremely successful. He has the defense back on track, the offense is still playing well even with a step back from last year, and his recruiting has been elite. It'd be beyond moronic to fire him.

He won't get fired this year. But I think with a new AD coming in next year his ass would be hot next year if he loses The Game again this year.

He won't get fired this year. But I think with a new AD coming in next year his ass would be hot next year if he loses The Game again this year.
I strongly doubt it. Even with Harbaugh out, michigan is extremely talented and also extremely experienced and they're playing at home. OSU shouldn't be picked to win this game. Unfortunately a loss will almost certainly take us out of the CFP, but going there 3 times in your first 5 years is rare air. Like I said, he finally has his guy leading the defense and they look amazing, he's beloved by his players, and his recruiting is elite. He's also still getting his feet wet as a head coach, being only 44 years old. It would be extremely careless to fire him.

He's not Stroud, you're not wrong, but very very few QBs are. He hasn't needed to be Stroud, though, either. He's shown improvement through the year and is good enough to take us where we want to go. Keep in mind - Stroud threw the ball 441 times his first year as a starter while McCord has only thrown 318 times, so of course his quantitative numbers aren't going to be as good.

McCord isn't a guy I would want throwing that much. Lol. I'm glad Henderson is finally looking like his 2021 self again, that's a giant help to everything for the offense.

I strongly doubt it. Even with Harbaugh out, michigan is extremely talented and also extremely experienced and they're playing at home. OSU shouldn't be picked to win this game. Unfortunately a loss will almost certainly take us out of the CFP, but going there 3 times in your first 5 years is rare air. Like I said, he finally has his guy leading the defense and they look amazing, he's beloved by his players, and his recruiting is elite. He's also still getting his feet wet as a head coach, being only 44 years old. It would be extremely careless to fire him.

Day worries me in this game because of his tendencies to go full retard with the offensive game plan if things don't work a few times.

The players I don't worry about, it's Day I worry about panicking

McCord isn't a guy I would want throwing that much. Lol. I'm glad Henderson is finally looking like his 2021 self again, that's a giant help to everything for the offense.
Oh yeah, he changes everything. Chip is a fine change of pace or goal line back, but he's not RB1. I look forward to seeing Hayden and Peoples next year, and possibly Miyan if he comes back healthy. I'm hoping to see some improvement on the OL. Jackson hasn't been the elite 1st rounder we thought he might be, so hopefully he comes back.

If he loses after crying like a little bitch to the NCAA and the Big Ten about ticky tacky little shit to try to get his daddy Harbaugh kicked out, he should just be put down, not fired.

Only when comparing him to Stroud last year has it been a "project". The guy is completing 66% of his passes with a 22/4 TD:INT ratio. I'd say the much bigger project has been the OL, namely the tackles.

Just needs to work on his consistency and recognizing defenses/matchups better but overall I wouldn't call him a project.

Day worries me in this game because of his tendencies to go full retard with the offensive game plan if things don't work a few times.

The players I don't worry about, it's Day I worry about panicking
If McCord and the skill guys can execute and eliminate the drops, I think we should be fine. If we have final drive vs ND McCord, I will be very happy. Make our defense stop them.

Oh yeah, he changes everything. Chip is a fine change of pace or goal line back, but he's not RB1. I look forward to seeing Hayden and Peoples next year, and possibly Miyan if he comes back healthy. I'm hoping to see some improvement on the OL. Jackson hasn't been the elite 1st rounder we thought he might be, so hopefully he comes back.

Day hates Hayden for some reason, i'm shocked the kid has not transferred. He's clearly very capable but they refuse to play him unless absolutely forced to

If McCord and the skill guys can execute and eliminate the drops, I think we should be fine. If we have final drive vs ND McCord, I will be very happy. Make our defense stop them.

I could go without any of Day's signature "theyll never see it comin!" short yardage play calls

WR screen to the short side
Shotgun RB pitch to the short side
Jet sweep to the short side

Throw it in the trash for this game.

Day hates Haden for some reason, i'm shocked the kid has not transferred. He's clearly very capable but they refuse to play him unless absolutely forced to
He must have done something to get in the doghouse. I know Day talked about his redshirt, and that could be part of it, but I fully expect him to be the guy next year.

I could go without any of Day's signature "theyll never see it comin!" short yardage play calls

WR screen to the short side
Shotgun RB pitch to the short side
Jet sweep to the short side

Throw it in the trash for this game.
I hate the WR screen. It should be used very sparingly and only if the defense is loading the box. We've been doing this shit for a decade now, though. I blame Urban for that.

They better be moving MH around constantly to get him favorable matchups. You have one of the best if not the best player in college football and your gameplan needs to reflect that. Harrison should have at least 15 targets

I hate the WR screen. It should be used very sparingly and only if the defense is loading the box. We've been doing this shit for a decade now, though. I blame Urban for that.

And it's worked maybe 10% of the time. Lol. It was a little more effective with Urban sometimes, but with Day it rarely ever works.

They better be moving MH around constantly to get him favorable matchups. You have one of the best if not the best player in college football and your gameplan needs to reflect that. Harrison should have at least 15 targets

I hope Michigan is dumb enough to try to go man a bunch. The smart move would be to blanket Marv with Zones and make McCord make tight throws.