I've finally surrendered... :(

Are you suckers even speaking English?
Tell Pulp Fiction GIF

@Thiefery , switch to YouTube TV. My wife was all over me like ugly on an ape to ditch the cable company when our monthly bill was reaching the stratosphere. So I decided to teach her a lesson and cut it off one day and ordered YouTube TV. She was gonna learn a hard lesson about how bad it was going to be without cable. And the next thing I know I'm happy as a clam with the whole thing and she was just standing there giving me "that look". We've all gotten it before when your wife figures you're a dumbass but she's going to keep you anyway. YouTube TV. You'll never look back. We run 5 TV's on it plus our devices and there is NEVER a connection problem. And a ton of channels.

Got so upset with Xfinity this morning that I have canceled my cable service.. Will be returning all their equipment and just keeping the internet service.

I have been paying $365 a month, now with internet only (unlimited).. my bill will be $80 a month.

Y'all recommend Hulu TV or Youtube TV? Need to have at least 4 devices being used at one time.. still will pay for the MGM plus and Starz add ons.. (using my brothers paramount plus and HBO Max account)

Am i being too dramatic and need to crawl back??
Good God, no ...400$ a month?!? Way past time to scale that down. I'm using the 80$ Hulu Plus with a 60$ monthly Internet provider. Plenty of entertainment.

Does Hulu have the multiview for sports? It's one of favorite things about YouTube TV. It was awesome this last college football season and it's been awesome for March madness
No.

Or I should say I don't think so but I'm not saying someone else has figured out how to do it and I'm just oblivious.

One of my favorite features is that I can go into my favorites and select the teams I want to follow and even if I forget they are playing the games will be recorded. I have it set to record:

Auburn Football
Auburn Basketball
Loyola of Chicago Basketball
USA Women's Soccer - I coached girls' soccer so don't judge me.
Bengals

Honestly, for basketball I usually don't start watching until an hour in so I can fast forward through commercials, halftime, timeouts and free throws. If you have a fully taped game you can get through it in about 45 minutes going through the crap.

No.

Or I should say I don't think so but I'm not saying someone else has figured out how to do it and I'm just oblivious.

One of my favorite features is that I can go into my favorites and select the teams I want to follow and even if I forget they are playing the games will be recorded. I have it set to record:

Auburn Football
Auburn Basketball
Loyola of Chicago Basketball
USA Women's Soccer - I coached girls' soccer so don't judge me.
Bengals

Honestly, for basketball I usually don't start watching until an hour in so I can fast forward through commercials, halftime, timeouts and free throws. If you have a fully taped game you can get through it in about 45 minutes going through the crap.

Yeah I do the same with YouTube TV.

Look into the multiview. When you are just watching sports watch them and don't have a dog in the fight, it's awesome to have 2-4 games on at once. Then you just highlight which one you want sound for

Good God, no ...400$ a month?!? Way past time to scale that down. I'm using the 80$ Hulu Plus with a 60$ monthly Internet provider. Plenty of entertainment.
yeah man.. ultimate tv package with HBO, MGM plus, Starz, Peacock.. but what really got me was paying for 4 boxes.. and they just had another price hike with the equipment.. It took them actually suspending my service (for opting out of automatic billing) for me to make this jump. They have been calling me this afternoon offering me free premium channels for 6 months to try to get me back..

It's not happening.. How do you suspend one's account for simply opting out of automatic payments? It's not even due til the 4th.. Luckily I was just coding, not in a meeting nor my wife..

BTW I'm ordering Roku TV sticks and will do the free trials with Hulu, Youtube and DirectvStream (only ones that carry the local RSNs Ballys and SpaceCityNetwork).. whichever works the best for me and the girls will be picked. Again thanks for all the info.. I fought against this for so long.. feel like an idiot now

Good move @Thiefery , I switched just before football season (Hulu) last year and was VERY skeptical and was prepared to switch back if it interfered with the football games ( southern WV is notorious for bad internet due to terrain ect.) but only had one issue during the season, it ended up just being the Roku box, changed it out, no more issues. It’s saved us a bundle of money and we haven’t missed a beat. Love using the app as well when we are away from home and a game is on that I wanna see. Used a projector/screen outside to watch a few while camping too, campfire, cards, game on (not UT, get too involved when my team is playing but ok when it’s somebody else’s anxiety) good times.

I’ve heard good things about YouTube tv as well but haven’t had any personal experience with it.

Last edited:
Yeah I do the same with YouTube TV.

Look into the multiview. When you are just watching sports watch them and don't have a dog in the fight, it's awesome to have 2-4 games on at once. Then you just highlight which one you want sound for
I Googled and HULU Live does not have it.

Another thing that HULU doesn't have is a "toggle" button so you could go from one game to the next with the touch of a button. I used to have that with Direct TV back like 12 years ago and loved it. Direct TV also let you put two games on at once but one was small and in the corner and back then TVs weren't like they are now so it was OK but not great.

The multigame view would be great and if I didn't have Disney and ESPN+ bundled with HULU Live I'd probably switch for reason alone but I can't give up ESPN+ as there are too many games I get that I wouldn't without especially Loyola games and Auburn preseason & preconference basketball stuff.

yeah man.. ultimate tv package with HBO, MGM plus, Starz, Peacock.. but what really got me was paying for 4 boxes.. and they just had another price hike with the equipment.. It took them actually suspending my service (for opting out of automatic billing) for me to make this jump. They have been calling me this afternoon offering me free premium channels for 6 months to try to get me back..

It's not happening.. How do you suspend one's account for simply opting out of automatic payments? It's not even due til the 4th.. Luckily I was just coding, not in a meeting nor my wife..

BTW I'm ordering Roku TV sticks and will do the free trials with Hulu, Youtube and DirectvStream (only ones that carry the local RSNs Ballys and SpaceCityNetwork).. whichever works the best for me and the girls will be picked. Again thanks for all the info.. I fought against this for so long.. feel like an idiot now
If you have girls then you have Disney so check into the bundle because that might make it worth it for HULU.

Roku sticks work great. I have very old tvs and no problems with connecting. Good luck finding what works best for you

Another thing that HULU doesn't have is a "toggle" button so you could go from one game to the next with the touch of a button. I used to have that with Direct TV back like 12 years ago and loved it. Direct TV also let you put two games on at once but one was small and in the corner and back then TVs weren't like they are now so it was OK but not great.

The multigame view would be great and if I didn't have Disney and ESPN+ bundled with HULU Live I'd probably switch for reason alone but I can't give up ESPN+ as there are too many games I get that I wouldn't without especially Loyola games and Auburn preseason & preconference basketball stuff.
Also you get SEC network games.

That's my biggest drawback about Hulu, it's not easy to navigate or flip between games. Sometimes you have to click 3-4 times to get back to the have you were just watching. And sometimes the haves just disappear from your menu for no reason.

Also you get SEC network games.

That's my biggest drawback about Hulu, it's not easy to navigate or flip between games. Sometimes you have to click 3-4 times to get back to the have you were just watching. And sometimes the haves just disappear from your menu for no reason.
So here is the trick.

You put your game on and then at a commercial go click on the other games you’re interested in. The in the left column change the view from “channels” to “recent” then you just have to hit the down button and all the games are listed in a neat row.

Right now I get the Disney bundle for $5 a month. My American express card gives me really good deals on streaming services often and I'm in the middle of get $11 back as long as I pay my bill on the card.

@Thiefery , switch to YouTube TV. My wife was all over me like ugly on an ape to ditch the cable company when our monthly bill was reaching the stratosphere. So I decided to teach her a lesson and cut it off one day and ordered YouTube TV. She was gonna learn a hard lesson about how bad it was going to be without cable. And the next thing I know I'm happy as a clam with the whole thing and she was just standing there giving me "that look". We've all gotten it before when your wife figures you're a dumbass but she's going to keep you anyway. YouTube TV. You'll never look back. We run 5 TV's on it plus our devices and there is NEVER a connection problem. And a ton of channels.
Agreed ..