Kitchen Remodel

Figured you could rake your pick of whatever your situation may be, and have multiple ideas. Facts is if you run a drain pipe over from the current location, it's already vented.
With what I have currently and trying to use that as my vent it wouldn't be an island.

However, I could possibly put the range over on the island as I could build something that could house the electrical...

Hmmm...I like that idea.

Would you use a traditional range or a counter type?

Considering the space your working with that is not a bad configuration. Just remember you need some space underneath the cabinet for space for your feet. Those cabinets look flush to the floor but probably are not.

With what I have currently and trying to use that as my vent it wouldn't be an island.

However, I could possibly put the range over on the island as I could build something that could house the electrical...

Hmmm...I like that idea.

Would you use a traditional range or a counter type?
If you move it to the island then counter. A traditional will look bad.

Considering the space your working with that is not a bad configuration. Just remember you need some space underneath the cabinet for space for your feet. Those cabinets look flush to the floor but probably are not.
I haven't figured out with the software how to make a bar yet...

I always just put it down on paper.

Looks to be some 'overthinking it' going on.

There are plenty of pictures out there you can get close to an idea.

And avoid moving any plumbing if you can.

Unless I build a wall that is only about 40 inches tall to hide the back side of the traditional range.
Trust me you do not want to do that. Go counter.

Is this a project you are going to do yourself or contract it out ??

If you are doing it, have you done it before ??

You don't know what you're talking about
He is taking about putting a traditional range in his island. That looks like crap.

It would be much better to pull the counter stove top on the island and put an oven/microwave in the wall cabinets. If he wants to go traditional range then put it on the wall.

He is taking about putting a traditional range in his island. That looks like crap.

It would be much better to pull the counter stove top on the island and put an oven/microwave in the wall cabinets. If he wants to go traditional range then put it on the wall.
They have ranges that slide in, and from the back side, look flush to the counter top, just like a drop in.

98b0c128765aedc00e3d49ff103ae4ba.jpg

They have ranges that slide in, and from the back side, look flush to the counter top, just like a drop in.
He didn’t say that. He said “traditional and he would build a wall”.

Read mofo read.

Some one else was gonna build a wall too
That wall got started this hypothetical one should never see the light of day.

I like the range you posted and that would look great but that range is also big bucks. It's an option for him if he is willing to vent through the roof in the middle of the room and it makes it easier to lay out the back wall.

That wall got started this hypothetical one should never see the light of day.

I like the range you posted and that would look great but that range is also big bucks. It's an option for him if he is willing to vent through the roof in the middle of the room and it makes it easier to lay out the back wall.
He lives in a trailer. They also have down vents that can go through the crawlspace, and out the side.

Lets face it. Fog is going to slap a bunch cheap ikea garbage together, and think it looks great.

I want to see a picture of the actual kitchen