Kitchen Remodel

kitchenthree-jpg.89368

You mean this travesty of design here?
Yep

Is this a project you are going to do yourself or contract it out ??

If you are doing it, have you done it before ??
I'm going to do it myself....

I've done it before and messed up on a few steps and wish I had the software I'm playing around with back then.

Here's a detailed plan once you put together an idea....

download (7).jpg

whats with the 3 windows
It's more or less a bay window at the end of my mobile home. The kitchen is at one end and I want to move it to the middle.

Then change the current kitchen into a laundry/utility room.

The window that you see in the background with the sink is the same window you see in some of my ideas.

It's more or less a bay window at the end of my mobile home. The kitchen is at one end and I want to move it to the middle.

Then change the current kitchen into a laundry/utility room.

The window that you see in the background with the sink is the same window you see in some of my ideas.
It looked like to me a good place for a kitchen table to look out while I ate.
But not with the fridge there.

Went back and looked at the original post and am starting to see what you're doing.

Reactions: Fog
It looked like to me a good place for a kitchen table to look out while I ate.
But not with the fridge there.

Went back and looked at the original post and am starting to see what you're doing.
The door in the corner is the hall to the bedroom and bathroom. So if I go with the island idea then hall just continues on the right had side....

If I put a counter on the right side against the wall the the hall from the bedroom and bathroom just enters the kitchen.

The software I'm using is cool but I can't mimic a few things I have in place like the hall and the window.

The door in the corner is the hall to the bedroom and bathroom. So if I go with the island idea then hall just continues on the right had side....

If I put a counter on the right side against the wall the the hall from the bedroom and bathroom just enters the kitchen.

The software I'm using is cool but I can't mimic a few things I have in place like the hall and the window.
I would just try to keep it 'open' as much as possible.
It closes in fast.

Sometime there are no good solutions, just acceptable ones.

Reactions: Fog
I would just try to keep it 'open' as much as possible.
It closes in fast.

Sometime there are no good solutions, just acceptable ones.
Keeping it open is my plan....

If I go with the island I have less room between the counters but create more of a hallway on the right.

If I put the counter against the wall on the right then I lose the hallway, but I have more floor space and will be more open.

I've looked a galley style kitchen too...

I like the software because it gives me a bunch of different looks.

The one thing that will make it easy to plumb a sink is to use the same wall the bathroom sink is using.

Working on the idea of letting more sunlight into the kitchen....the wall with the window and sliding glass door points towards the south.

I have one window right now on that wall and it's right where the sliding glass door is in this plan.

111020222.png

You don't generally want a cabinet above the sink. You do want to figure out a light above it if possible.

I don't like a kitchen height window on a wall, but if it's what you got. I would be looking to put in a taller window there. That's me though.
Working on the idea of letting more sunlight into the kitchen....the wall with the window and sliding glass door points towards the south.

I have one window right now on that wall and it's right where the sliding glass door is in this plan.

View attachment 91479

You don't generally want a cabinet above the sink. You do want to figure out a light above it if possible.

I don't like a kitchen height window on a wall, but if it's what you got. I would be looking to put in a taller window there. That's me though.
1112200223.png

I'm getting better at the software......there is still a few things it just doesn't do

View attachment 91483

I'm getting better at the software......there is still a few things it just doesn't do
I get it. I like that mock up better. Is it an option to make the slider a single door with a window? Gain some wall space back if you need it? Put it on either panel of the slider. I've also seen some double panel doors, that look to be French, but only one side opens.

I get it. I like that mock up better. Is it an option to make the slider a single door with a window? Gain some wall space back if you need it? Put it on either panel of the slider. I've also seen some double panel doors, that look to be French, but only one side opens.

11112022.png11222365.png

Different window with door instead of sliding glass door added table clock tv and a few plants....