Kitchen Remodel

Fog

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 17,000.00
Looking at remodeling my kitchen and been using some online software to put together some ideas.

Here's one design I have. Not sure I'll stick with white or go with an oak.

Kitchen Remodel.jpg

Here's a link for the software I've been using

Looking at remodeling my kitchen and been using some online software to put together some ideas.

View attachment 87162
Sink in the corner is going to drive you nuts. Can’t think of anything worse.

I would put a lip on the island for seating and make sure you have electrical plugs in each side of the island.

Sink in the corner is going to drive you nuts. Can’t think of anything worse.

I would put a lip on the island for seating and make sure you have electrical plugs in each side of the island.
I've changed it around since I first started this thread...

I wouldn't be able to plumb it right with the sink in the corner...

I got rid of the island too

Kitchenthree.jpg

I've changed it around since I first started this thread...

I wouldn't be able to plumb it right with the sink in the corner...

I got rid of the island too

View attachment 89368
Fog,

Are you sure you will be able to get in the door?

Thats a lot of kitchen and two massive fridges.

I would do the following:

1. Put in a full size fridge and full size freezer but put them side by side
2. Kill the right side off and put the island back in but don’t hang cabinets over it.

Fog,

Are you sure you will be able to get in the door?

Thats a lot of kitchen and two massive fridges.

I would do the following:

1. Put in a full size fridge and full size freezer but put them side by side
2. Kill the right side off and put the island back in but don’t hang cabinets over it.
I get what you're saying....

The fridges I have aren't as big as the ones I have to use in the software...

Here's a screen shot of the door area....

Kitchen Screen Shot.png

I like that layout. You are giving up some cabinet space but if you actually have a window on that wall covering it will kill your only natural light source. I guess you are putting the microwave above the stove with a vent that just recycles the air so when measuring for that be really careful about how much space there is between the bottom of the microwave and the top of the stove. I've seen some miscalculations on that it makes for a miserable cooking experience. If you can move the microwave to the Island and put in a hooded vent over the stove and I think you will be much happier.

Try it with light grey cabinet facings but keep the white countertop. I think you will like the contrast

I like that layout. You are giving up some cabinet space but if you actually have a window on that wall covering it will kill your only natural light source. I guess you are putting the microwave above the stove with a vent that just recycles the air so when measuring for that be really careful about how much space there is between the bottom of the microwave and the top of the stove. I've seen some miscalculations on that it makes for a miserable cooking experience. If you can move the microwave to the Island and put in a hooded vent over the stove and I think you will be much happier.

Try it with light grey cabinet facings but keep the white countertop. I think you will like the contrast
The software doesn't have a hooded vent over the range other than a microwave and some big ass piece of crap thing so I have I left it out.

The grey is the shadow the software creates with the window.

The company I'm working with on the cabinets are white and my countertops are going to be a grey so kind of the same idea.

I'd like to tweak it where the island also serves as a bar with stools as you said put a lip on it. The only problem is with making the island a bar with stools is I have to reduce the area from the left side to the island and right now that is 48 inches and I don't want to reduce that.

However I could make turn the corner at the bottom of the picture and create a bar type counter and just scoot the fridge a bit closer to the range.

View attachment 87162
Put the stove, or the sink, on the peninsula, and get those hanging cabinets the fuck outta here. Take the other cabinets to the ceiling if you need more space.

Put the stove, or the sink, on the peninsula, and get those hanging cabinets the fuck outta here. Take the other cabinets to the ceiling if you need more space.
To be fair I think they are to the ceiling.

The first picture was done with 8 foot walls...

I'm not even close to that....

The pictures I've posted since are much better as to what I have to work with....

I'd love to plumb the island with a sink that would be a pain...I already have plumbing against the one wall. I could make a false wall to house the electrical and plumbing.

How important is having the vent that most sinks use that goes up through the roof?

I'd love to plumb the island with a sink that would be a pain...I already have plumbing against the one wall. I could make a false wall to house the electrical and plumbing.

How important is having the vent that most sinks use that goes up through the roof?
You can do a mechanical vent under the sink.