Lake Erie walleye tournament scandal

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,364.00
This story is nuts, these two anglers were stuffing their catch with weights and walleye fillets. Prize money was $45000. Apparently they've been doing it for years and have won over $300K in prize money, gear, sponsorship, and even a $80k boat. Wild stuff

You can see that guy's career flashing thru his eyes. He's fucked.
If you’ve built your career on fishing tournament winnings, what other jobs are you really qualified for?

I know absolutely nothing about fishing tournaments, but how do they have no precautions against this sort of thing?

They cheated so obviously I'd almost be willing to believe they were set up lol. How, as a professional fisherman, do you not know how much a fish would be expected to weigh? They put so much crap in them it made it unbelievable when they were weighed.

They cheated so obviously I'd almost be willing to believe they were set up lol. How, as a professional fisherman, do you not know how much a fish would be expected to weigh? They put so much crap in them it made it unbelievable when they were weighed.
They've been suspected for years. One of them even failed a polygraph before.

How were they set up? They brought the fish to the stand, they were weighed, in front of everybody, then cut open, IN FRONT OF EVERYONE.

If you've been doing it professionally for years, you can guess around what weight you'd need based on past tournaments.

They've been suspected for years. One of them even failed a polygraph before.

How were they set up? They brought the fish to the stand, they were weighed, in front of everybody, then cut open, IN FRONT OF EVERYONE.

If you've been doing it professionally for years, you can guess around what weight you'd need based on past tournaments.

I'm not actually saying they were it's just crazy that they could expect to get away with cheating so blatantly in this case.