Lake Erie walleye tournament scandal

I know absolutely nothing about fishing tournaments, but how do they have no precautions against this sort of thing?
It's why it's dubious to call it a sport. In the old days, cheaters would go to prearranged locations on the lake to haul out live fish that had been placed there. But even that must have seemed like work.

There's no fix for this, beyond outfitting every boat with several cameras.

And now they're indicated.

Meanwhile, Tom Brady still walks free, and Jose Altuve and the rest of the Houston Astros continue to keep their money.

They probably would have had a better shot of getting away with it had they just used dynamite or an old crank telephone to stun all fish in their area
I’ve taken part in the dynamite angle before.

Was not a tournament or anything, but my grandma wanted all the predatory fish out of the swimming pond. And my Grandpa knew people. And was a highly functioning alcoholic who enjoyed time with his grandsons.

Was not a tournament or anything, but my grandma wanted all the predatory fish out of the swimming pond. And my Grandpa knew people. And was a highly functioning alcoholic who enjoyed time with his grandsons.
Dang. Sounds like a good way to bust the bottom out of a tank/pond. Also sounds like a really fun way to clear the fish out.

Dang. Sounds like a good way to bust the bottom out of a tank/pond. Also sounds like a really fun way to clear the fish out.
Pond is about the size of a basketball court or hockey surface. He dug it himself, spring fed, just sand from the beach he built and a clay bottom he broke thru.

New dock just went in a few weeks ago fwiw. My nephew is stoked.

The “fishing pond” is a little smaller and maybe 60 - 70 yards away. Also his creation. There is a ditch/former stream that runs closer. It floods when the suckers run sometimes. But we just dragnet those fuckers.

Really miss Curley. He was an absolutely amazing engineer/redneck.

You would’ve liked him. Built his own plane, to fly to work. When he commuted to Wyoming.

Pond is about the size of a basketball court or hockey surface. He dug it himself, spring fed, just sand from the beach he built and a clay bottom he broke thru.

The “fishing pond” is a little smaller and maybe 60 - 70 yards away. Also his creation. There is a ditch/former stream that runs closer. It floods when the suckers run sometimes. But we just dragnet those fuckers.

You would’ve liked him. Built his own plane, to fly to work. When he commuted to Wyoming.

So he died in a plane crash is what you are telling us?

No, in all seriousness, sounds like a really cool dude. Always fun to hear stories of those amazing DIYers that seemed to just be able to do anything

Confused The Interview GIF

Never fished with dynamite, though blasting at quarries used to be my job, but that wasn’t really dynamite either.

Have used the old crank telephone method to catch bream to use as bait before though

I mean, their only real defense is "the weights must have already been there" and hope the judge/jury really goes deep on the beyond reasonable doubt thing

My grandfather did catch a fish with like 3 or 4 coins in it one time

I mean, their only real defense is "the weights must have already been there" and hope the judge/jury really goes deep on the beyond reasonable doubt thing

My grandfather did catch a fish with like 3 or 4 coins in it one time
Maybe if just one fish had a weight in it, they'd have a defense, but when each fish had weight(s) and other fish filets in their guts, they have no defense.

I'm betting this will make all tournaments cut open all fish from winning teams in the future.

Maybe if just one fish had a weight in it, they'd have a defense, but when each fish had weight(s) and other fish filets in their guts, they have no defense.

I'm betting this will make all tournaments cut open all fish from winning teams in the future.

Or every boat has to have cameras on board recording at all times