Lake Erie walleye tournament scandal

I'm not actually saying they were it's just crazy that they could expect to get away with cheating so blatantly in this case.
I think you are giving people who competitively fish for a living way too much credit...

I'm not actually saying they were it's just crazy that they could expect to get away with cheating so blatantly in this case.
I think because they had so many times before. I'm guessing they overdid it on the weight. I haven't seen the results but if it was significantly more than the others, and they were already suspected, then that's probably why the judge, or whatever he was, gutted them to check right away.

All I know is walleye are great eating. Might be the best freshwater fish, all things like the size of fillets, texture and taste considered.

All I know is walleye are great eating. Might be the best freshwater fish, all things like the size of fillets, texture and taste considered.
I am hoping the fish they found the weights in aren't just trashed...would be a waste of good walleye

I am hoping the fish they found the weights in aren't just trashed...would be a waste of good walleye

I agree. I was looking at those fish and thinking of dinner. mmm m mmm mmm mmm.

Reactions: ill
With weights that size I don't see how they weren't caught before, unless they got greedy this time. Sounds like these big money tournaments need a NASCAR like system where the winners fish are scrutinized. Xray machines are portable now, I'm sure there is some enterprising person out there that will set up a system for traveling to these large events and doing a quick scan of the winner and maybe another randomly selected person to see if there is cheating going on.

With weights that size I don't see how they weren't caught before, unless they got greedy this time. Sounds like these big money tournaments need a NASCAR like system where the winners fish are scrutinized. Xray machines are portable now, I'm sure there is some enterprising person out there that will set up a system for traveling to these large events and doing a quick scan of the winner and maybe another randomly selected person to see if there is cheating going on.
maybe it's all fake to get some attention for the competitive fishing circuit...

but also...I just think these fuckers are dumb as the weights they put in the fish

The major professional tournaments usually have an official on each boat to weigh and document the fish, and then release the fish.

Pretty sure I read these fuckers in a previous tournament beat second place by 17 pounds with the same amount of fish that all looked roughly the same size, but if that were true, you’d think they would have been busted then

The major professional tournaments usually have an official on each boat to weigh and document the fish, and then release the fish.

Pretty sure I read these fuckers in a previous tournament beat second place by 17 pounds with the same amount of fish that all looked roughly the same size, but if that were true, you’d think they would have been busted then
no, that's this same tournament.

"Where's your fucking crown now man?" is my new go to put down.
I kinda have to think this was their first time cheating. I mean if they’ve been getting away with it for years like some of their competitors think, they obviously weren’t being so obvious about it before, and if that were the case, why would they suddenly just decide to go all in and shoot caution out of the cannon?

Yep, sounds like they got super greedy, and stupid. If they had used smaller weights and won by say 2-3 lbs, no one would have batted an eye.
to weight down each fish that heavily is just dumb

You could likely fool recreational anglers with weighted fish, but the guys at that level know what a fish is going to weigh. When it all of a sudden is a pound too high, all sorts of alerts go off. I kind agree this has to be their first time.

They probably would have had a better shot of getting away with it had they just used dynamite or an old crank telephone to stun all fish in their area

They probably would have had a better shot of getting away with it had they just used dynamite or an old crank telephone to stun all fish in their area
or...you know...don't fucking cheat

I think you are giving people who competitively fish for a living way too much credit...

Maybe they arent the brightest bulbs when it comes to many things in life but you certainly would think they would know plenty about fishing