Lake Erie walleye tournament scandal

Cocksuckers got off easy IMO
Being felons is probably the worst thing for them; my guess is that most people who are professional fisherman are also gun owners and/or hunters. Which has basically fucked them for life.

Being felons is probably the worst thing for them; my guess is that most people who are professional fisherman are also gun owners and/or hunters. Which has basically fucked them for life.

Where did it say they were felons? I didn't look it up, but they plead guilty to cheating and illegal ownership of wild animals. Somehow I doubt that is a felony offense.

Next, in Ohio, not every felony prevents you from owning firearms, only violent ones. Even the violent ones you can petition a court after so long.

Good. They certainly deserve it.

They had it made. They certainly weren't rich but they were living pretty good off sponsorships and fishing for a living. Dumbasses threw it all away

They had it made. They certainly weren't rich but they were living pretty good off sponsorships and fishing for a living. Dumbasses threw it all away
Ya, and if I remember correctly, it was just dumb af too, like all the competitors and spectators immediately KNEW it was bullshit, as the weight was astronomical compared to the actual fish-size.

Where did it say they were felons? I didn't look it up, but they plead guilty to cheating and illegal ownership of wild animals. Somehow I doubt that is a felony offense.

Next, in Ohio, not every felony prevents you from owning firearms, only violent ones. Even the violent ones you can petition a court after so long.

Gotcha. The couple places I looked it didn't name the level of charges just what they were.

It is still a non-violent offense which means they are good for firearms as soon as their sentence is up. Pretty sure I read their fishing license was only suspended for 3 years as well.

The one guy was from PA. Not sure how it works when sentenced in one state but living in another. Gotta guess the laws of the state you reside in are the ones that take precedence. Although, the city of Hermitage is anywhere from 10-15 minutes from the Ohio border so he could easily move

Ya, and if I remember correctly, it was just dumb af too, like all the competitors and spectators immediately KNEW it was bullshit, as the weight was astronomical compared to the actual fish-size.
They had 17 pounds more than second place with the same amount of fish that all looked around the same size.

Bad thing is, they’re good fishermen, since there’s a chance they would have won that tournament without cheating and at worst had second locked up.

Gotcha. The couple places I looked it didn't name the level of charges just what they were.

It is still a non-violent offense which means they are good for firearms as soon as their sentence is up. Pretty sure I read their fishing license was only suspended for 3 years as well.

The one guy was from PA. Not sure how it works when sentenced in one state but living in another. Gotta guess the laws of the state you reside in are the ones that take precedence. Although, the city of Hermitage is anywhere from 10-15 minutes from the Ohio border so he could easily move
I thought the felon laws were federal laws, not state ones?

I thought the felon laws were federal laws, not state ones?

They are but much like a lot of federal laws, if a state has control as well and decide to go their own way, the federal ones get overlooked.

If the federal government really wants it enforced, they have ways to force a state to comply (like restricting access to federal funds unless they moved the drinking age from 18-21 when some refused)

I don’t believe non-violent felons lose their right to bear arms in Ohio.

These dudes definitely weren’t violent. And got ten days in jail. Which I didn’t think was possible for a felony.

If they are stripped of that right, it’s fucking bullshit. They’re guilty of fraud essentially.

I don’t believe non-violent felons lose their right to bear arms in Ohio.

These dudes definitely weren’t violent. And got ten days in jail. Which I didn’t think was possible for a felony.

If they are stripped of that right, it’s fucking bullshit. They’re guilty of fraud essentially.
I think they do.

Seems like they’re considering it now though.