Last movie you watched and rating (1-10)

Guys…

this thread is not for for spoiler discussion. Please make a thread to discuss the show itself.

apparently there were aliens, but they left after discovering black man good, white man bad and their need for further study ended.

BD is right you know......

After watching it again,it tells everything you need to know about that movie..........

@beardown07 is correct what the movie is about.

We are doing all the Terminator films in order. We watched Arnie documentary and decided to do the series. Will probably wrap them up with True Lies.

Frontera (2014). On HULU. I give it a 6.5/10. Pretty good movie, decent pace, some drama, little bit of action. Ed Harris, Eva Longoria, Michael Pena play pretty good roles.

To Catch A Killer (2023). On HULU. A solid 7, maybe 7.5 out of 10. I thought this was gonna be a Lifetime movie. Nope, it was not. Great pace, good suspense, some twists. Ben Mendelson and Shailene Woodley played great roles. Probably best movie I have seen in a month or two.

The Cain Mutiny Court Martial with Kiefer Sutherland. 7/10

Saltburn
Prime
Love that actor. But this film has a conclusion that tries to be both farce and mystery at the same time. Neither are justified by the tone of the rest of the film. Really, you can just watch Talented Mr. Ripley for a much better film.

Thousand Little Cuts
Prime
Terrible low-budget movie that mixes domestic abuse, stalking, etc with the weight of a hallmark movie mixed with an abc after school special

FOE
PRIME
Six do movie about swapping consciousness into a robot so one half of a couple can go into a space station for a few years. You see the twist coming a mile away and the messages you’re supposed to be mulling over aren’t presented well.

M3GAN
Prime
Don’t know what took me so long to see this movie. It’s this cool little sci-fi horror flick with heart and meaning.

Lift
Netflix
Pretty terrible. Very formulaic, and not well executed con-heist movie. But the ending is a bit clever and there is actually some chemistry between Kevin Hart and our leading lady. Otherwise, this is an easy pass; so many more movies like this that are so much better.

It isn’t a movie, but it has a couple in it’s sequence. I just got BritBox and I watched the entire Cracker series. Pretty intense stuff. Coltraine is great.

Lift
Netflix
Pretty terrible. Very formulaic, and not well executed con-heist movie. But the ending is a bit clever and there is actually some chemistry between Kevin Hart and our leading lady. Otherwise, this is an easy pass; so many more movies like this that are so much better.
Isn't that pretty much every Kevin Hart movie?

Maestro
Netflix
Biopics are never good. Even ones about Bernstein.
Acting and production are fine. In the end, meandering and unilluminating.

Role Play
Prime
Kelly Cuocu is a spy and her hubby doesn’t know it, and she has to get out of the life before her family gets hurt. It’s serious but fun and funny and this movie has been made a million times and she cannot act. Meh.

Last edited:
Horns
Prime
Harry Potter is a demon after his gf dies. Good plot, well shot, fantastic tone, awesome soundtrack. And has depth. This guy keeps picking great roles

Good Luck to You, Leo Grande
Hulu
Emma Thomas hires a gigolo. It’s a little maudlin at times, but goes over some issues with aplomb.

Self Reliance
Hulu
If you survive hunters for a 30 days for a dark web show, yo get a million dollars. Our hero finds stuff about himself along the way. But it was too light and should have thrown in way more action and a big plot twist. In the end, meh.

Gran Turismo
Netflix
Formulaic movie about ethnic kid whose conservative parents want one thing for him but he wants another. Then more formulaic montage and training scenes. Then there’s the racing footage which isn’t so illuminating for the audience. Whatever heart this movie might have is buried under mediocrity.