Last movie you watched and rating (1-10)

Wonka - 8/10

Fun family movie for the holidays.

Wonka - 8/10

Fun family movie for the holidays.
Is it a prequel to the Depp version or the Wilder version? Or does it even differentiate?

How does it compare to those movies?

And does it help set the events in motion for Snowpiercer?

Is it a prequel to the Depp version of the Wilder version? Or does it even differentiate?

How does it compare to those movies?

Pretend the Depp movie doesn't exist.

It definitely wants to be connected to the Wilder version based on the mannerisms and dialogue. This Wonka is much more optimistic, and hasn't turned into a cynic.

It definitely wants to be connected to the Wilder version based on the mannerisms and dialogue. This Wonka is much more optimistic, and hasn't turned into a cynic.
Amber Heard took a shit on Wonka's bed. That's bad day

That doesn't follow. Wilder is the cynic, embittered old man, so some kind of arc must've taken place in his life -- alleged to have been merely industrial espionage of his chocolate recipes. Depp is some kind of ketamine-inducted fever dream, but at least there's some sort of past family trauma to explore.

That doesn't follow. Wilder is the cynic, embittered old man, so some kind of arc must've taken place in his life -- alleged to have been merely industrial espionage of his chocolate recipes. Depp is some kind of ketamine-inducted fever dream, but at least there's some sort of past family trauma to explore.

Sure. And there's room to tell the in-between of how happy-go-lucky Wonka became cynical Wonka. This is not that story.

Sure. And there's room to tell the in-between of how happy-go-lucky Wonka became cynical Wonka. This is not that story.
Well I won't argue that it was fairly scant details in the book about Wonka's past. If we're using the movies as a guide, I think the new one is just trying to stand alone, rather than connect to Depp or Wilder's version of the character. Probably a good idea really, since the target audience is younger, not people like us.

I don’t think the new movie has to pick which version it is a prequel for (yet). Unless they go into detail about the Umpa Lumpas. But it LOOKS like the new movie has a 3rd, unique take on them, so maybe that is the decider that all 3 films are completely stand alone.

Keep in mind, I have not seen the new one yet.

I don’t think the new movie has to pick which version it is a prequel for (yet). Unless they go into detail about the Umpa Lumpas. But it LOOKS like the new movie has a 3rd, unique take on them, so maybe that is the decider that all 3 films are completely stand alone.

Keep in mind, I have not seen the new one yet.

If you watch it, it's clear which version it is a prequel for.

Leave the World Behind

Not sure what to think of this.......I turn off movies if they are boring right from the get go,but it had its moments to keep me wanting to see where the movie was going......
Then there were some moments that made me think Im wasting my time on this,back to ok Ive watched over half of it may as well see how it ends.....
And the ending left me at WTF??

if anyone has seen these this,explain to me what the hell I just watched.....and if you have not,good luck with it.

It gets no rating from me at this time.......maybe later with an explanation.

Little Big Man

Watching this movie makes my heart soar like a hawk.