Last Sports Moment That Made You Cry

True, but the Massholes harassed his wife and children to the point that he felt he had to move to give them some serenity in their lives. That's fucked up.
Might be fucked up, and it's not a great position to be in, but I'd rather be a guy that had a 20 year career in the Majors that was forced to move locations because of a single play than be some regular nobody that had his life completely ruined because the Cubs melted down after he along with everyone else around him was reaching for a foul ball that Moises Alou wasn't gonna catch anyways.

Might be fucked up, and it's not a great position to be in, but I'd rather be a guy that had a 20 year career in the Majors that was forced to move locations because of a single play than be some regular nobody that had his life completely ruined because the Cubs melted down after he along with everyone else around him was reaching for a foul ball that Moises Alou wasn't gonna catch anyways.
Bartman was nefarious. Not only did he cause Moises to drop the ball but he tricked the SS to commit an error that otherwise easily would have turned two to end the inning, and he convinced Dusty Baker to leave his dead arm starter in the game. That’s true skullduggery.

I'm sure I teared up when Jalen came on to beat led Bama to the SEC Championship, replacing an injured Tua, the year after Tua came on to replace a poor performing Jalen.

That Saban interview afterwards did it to me.

Jimmy Fallon Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I could be wrong here, but I feel like remember Bartman eventually had to move away as well.

I'd definitely rather have been Buckner

Didnt cry when my royals won the WS in 2015 but cried at a tribute video of their season a couple of months after. I know. I'm ghey

I could be wrong here, but I feel like remember Bartman eventually had to move away as well.

I'd definitely rather have been Buckner
He was attending a Cubs playoff game by himself, and listening to the game on the radio, about as anonymous as you can be, then the whole world knows his name and face because of a natural reaction that everyone else around him also had. Everyone already knew Bucknor, and though it was more extreme after the error, he'd been in the Majors over 15 years at that point and had to have some experience with being harrassed by nobodies.

Bartman was just a nobody that became household name and hated in his hometown.

I'll take being in Bucknor's shoes every time.

He was attending a Cubs playoff game by himself, and listening to the game on the radio, about as anonymous as you can be, then the whole world knows his name and face because of a natural reaction that everyone else around him also had. Everyone already knew Bucknor, and though it was more extreme after the error, he'd been in the Majors over 15 years at that point and had to have some experience with being harrassed by nobodies.

Bartman was just a nobody that became household name and hated in his hometown.

I'll take being in Bucknor's shoes every time.
yeah, I'm not even sure how this is really all that debatable.

a million-dollar athlete, with all the leverage and support that comes with that

vs.

a some poor, dumb regular dude with virtually no support system outside of a small circle of family and friends and most of them probably distanced themselves from him for their own sakes).

For whatever it's worth, Bartman was with some acquaintances at the game.

When Bedside Promise died after a horse race.....

Magic at the press conference to announce he had HIV and was retiring immediately from the Lakers.

Will never forget that night.

I'm still choked up