Last Sports Moment That Made You Cry

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Let's hear 'em.

I cried tears of joy when the Butt Chin was fired!

Let's hear 'em.

Only time I can think of was during high school football. I think it was sophomore year. My best friend broke his leg and the bone was sticking part way through his skin.

I've never cried just from watching sports.

I cried when the Mighty Casey struck out

I’d say when Mets won it all in ‘86 but there’s no crying in baseball.

If Auburn had won the basketball national championship in 2018 I would have cried like a baby.

Kobe's passing was the last time I cried in general.

If Auburn had won the basketball national championship in 2018 I would have cried like a baby.

While I'm obviously no fan of Auburn, if I could EVER see Alabama win March Madness, I'd also cry for days.

I cry every time I lose a sports bet on hooplanation.

Last time was betting the over on 10/19 NFL Arizona @ Dallas

I got a little teared up when Agassi played his last match.

Maybe Sampras, but his last match was him winning the US Open, so different feeling.

with Agassi, he had said it would be his last hurrah.

1603300892275.png

Last edited:
Never actually cried about a sporting event but felt a bit melancholy watching Arnold Palmer wave at the fans as he was crossing over the Swilcan Bridge at St Andrews during his last British Open. That certainly marked an end of an era.

- A proud tear of joy when my son's baseball team won their league championship after an undefeated season.
- A proud tear of joy when my daughter's cheerleading squad took first place in a regional tournament.
- A proud tear of joy when my daughter unexpectedly took first place in the running long jump at the conference track meet. I had volunteered to work the pits that day and witnessed her jumps first hand. I was one of the only people there who knew the jump leaders. (She's not an athlete, she's an artist, but executed perfect technique on her jumps.)
- A frustrated tear of agony when the 7th & 8th grade girls basketball team I coached was ravaged by bad luck in the opening round of the conference tournament. I only had 7 players total on the team. My best player and only capable point guard was concussed in the first half. My best forward/center twisted her ankle early in the second half. My remaining five players playing 100% of minutes were so gassed I had to burn all my timeouts just to give them a tick of rest. I even had to play 4 on 5 for a time because one of my girls couldn't breathe. We obviously painfully lost a big game we would've won under normal conditions.

giants/pats
my wife had just left me for a guy...in NY, increasing my irrational hatred of an imaginary line and weird accents.
sat in a bar, head in my hands, crying...

NY took my childhood (sports)
A guy in NY took my wife
NY cost me 2 super bowls

but months later i was rewarded with my first stanley cup, and i now say i traded my wife for a stanley cup, and its the best trade ive ever made.

Whenever I think about scoring four touchdowns in the city championship and then marrying Peg.