Last Sports Moment That Made You Cry

Old Yeller

Where the Red Fern Grows
Have you seen Hachi: A Dog's Tale?

Bruh.

sad sebastian pufpaff GIF by Heute-Show

Eagles winning the Super Bowl.

I never laid the 86 WS loss at the feet of Bill Buckner. I am more inclined to drop the hammer on a few other guys, namely Clemens for begging out of game 6, Calvin Shiraldi and Bob Stanley for shitting the bed in relief of the same game and the manager (John McNamara) for leaving a hobbled Buckner in the game when he had a really good defensive 1st baseman (Dave Stapleton) sitting on the bench waiting to do his thing. Buckner should have never been put in that position and the Sox had already lost it by then anyways.
Heard this on a podcast last week. If you had to be one would you rather be Bartman or Buckner.

I didn’t need more than a nanosecond to decide. Bartman easily. What happened to Buckner was horrible.

As a fan of an (until recently) long suffering team I get the gloom and feelings involved. But it was still tough, and ridiculously misplaced.

Heard this on a podcast last week. If you had to be one would you rather be Bartman or Buckner.

I didn’t need more than a nanosecond to decide. Bartman easily. What happened to Buckner was horrible.

As a fan of an (until recently) long suffering team I get the gloom and feelings involved. But it was still tough, and ridiculously misplaced.
I can't speak to the Bartman fallout, but the vitriol towards Buckner following the grounder through his legs was definitely media driven. My life long friends, our parents and family that waited so long for a WS title never blamed him for the epic collapse in game 6.

Buckner got a raw deal from both the fans and the media. I thought it was complete bullshit that they "forgave" him

I would have told them to fuck off, but he was a class act

I can't speak to the Bartman fallout, but the vitriol towards Buckner following the grounder through his legs was definitely media driven. My life long friends, our parents and family that waited so long for a WS title never blamed him for the epic collapse in game 6.
Poor guy. What a terrible toll that took on him and his family. It’s utterly impossible for me to ever respect the Boston Red Sox for soooo many reasons.

We were both regulars at Corner Pub in green hills in Nashville back in 2015. I have no comment about cocaine-fueled private parties that are alleged to have raged in the wee hours.

he’s an intense dude
Lol so ol' Neil likes the smell of nose candy, does he?

I cried earlier this evening.

I had Tampa Bay Rays +125 for a dime.

I was so happy...

Bartman got a raw deal too. Everyone around him was also reaching for the ball, which is a natural reaction, and I doubt Alou catches that ball regardless. It would have taken a snowcone catch while reaching into the stands at max jump height, doubt it's happening. Alou even admitted after the fact he wouldn't have caught it, but he's a piece of shit for reacting the way he did. And even if Alou would have caught the ball(he wouldn't have), blaming Bartan for the epic collapse that followed that inning is ridiculous.

Bartman got a raw deal too. Everyone around him was also reaching for the ball, which is a natural reaction, and I doubt Alou catches that ball regardless. It would have taken a snowcone catch while reaching into the stands at max jump height, doubt it's happening. Alou even admitted after the fact he wouldn't have caught it, but he's a piece of shit for reacting the way he did. And even if Alou would have caught the ball(he wouldn't have), blaming Bartan for the epic collapse that followed that inning is ridiculous.
Totally agree that it was blown up a lot.

Still....I would rather be Bartman.

Well, he is alive so he's got that going for him.
Ha. I didn’t even think of that. Another good point.

What stood out the most to me is Buckner spent his life building a skill set and reaching the level he did and it was all thrown back at him over one error that (as already mentioned) wasn’t the absolute reason they lost the series.

Bartman was just a bum in the stands.

Poor guy. What a terrible toll that took on him and his family. It’s utterly impossible for me to ever respect the Boston Red Sox for soooo many reasons.
It was the Boston media, not the team that crucified Buckner while downplaying the failure of the manager to put in the defensive guru he had sitting on the bench and the utter and complete collapse by the two relievers. Once the pink hats in Assachusetts read the papers the next morning there was no turning back.

I wouldn’t. Regular guy that had his life ruined. At least Bucknor played a long time in the Majors and was financially secure.
True, but the Massholes harassed his wife and children to the point that he felt he had to move to give them some serenity in their lives. That's fucked up.