Poll Least Funny Comedians

Pick up to 10

• Total voters
I'm not going to put Kinison on a list of "least funny" because I did laugh at a lot of his early material, but you're absolutely right that it was much more performance and persona than comedy after he achieved "party to death rockstar" status. I recently watched a couple of his later specials he made shortly before he died and it was cringe-inducing.
agree 100%. his schtick got old to me about a minute and a half after i heard him for the first time.

you're missing out, dude was good.

^ one of my all-time favorite stand up specials. the part where he talks about having to go to prison and act tough so he won't get fucked in the ass, only to end up getting fucked in the ass, has me in tears every time. martin is awesome doing stand-up, but terrible at improv

agree 100%. his schtick got old to me about a minute and a half after i heard him for the first time.
That’s true of pretty much all comedians who rely on a schtick for their material. Andrew Dice Clay is another great example. Carrot Top. Gallagher (Carrot Top with a hammer). Etc, etc

Eh, Dice is pretty funny. Carrot Top isn't as bad as most say. He's like the Nickleback of comedians.

That’s true of pretty much all comedians who rely on a schtick for their material. Andrew Dice Clay is another great example. Carrot Top. Gallagher (Carrot Top with a hammer). Etc, etc
true. but i guess with him, it was especially grating

I give Gallagher props (pun intended). Yes, one of the foundations of his act was the use of props; but the props usually weren't just random gags, most of his shows had an overarching theme to them and his gag props supported the theme. He also didn't exclusively rely on his props as a means to get laughs, he told a lot of insightful analytical jokes along the way - often pertaining to the ridiculousness and inconsistencies within government and culture.

Eh, Dice is pretty funny. Carrot Top isn't as bad as most say. He's like the Nickleback of comedians.

one of my favorite lines from a standup comedian is from the diceman. when he talks about bisexuals, and says that there's "no such thing" as a bisexual; either you SUCK DICK, or you DO NOT, SUCK. DICK. :laugh: :dhd:

one of my favorite lines from a standup comedian is from the diceman. when he talks about bisexuals, and says that there's "no such thing" as a bisexual; either you SUCK DICK, or you DO NOT, SUCK. DICK. :laugh: :dhd:
Yea, I have a feeling that most people don’t like Dice based on shit from 30 years ago or they think the shtick is real.

Dice was another "I have a schtick" that got him a lot of attention back in the day.

but outside of that, was he funny?

well, i mean, yeah, his schtick was funny to me.

and it was....but did he have anything more than the nursery rhymes?

I remember they tried to make a sitcom on him that failed.

yeah, if you watch his standup, it's all really raunchy commentary, he wasn't just limited to the nursery rhymes.

yeah, if you watch his standup, it's all really raunchy commentary, he wasn't just limited to the nursery rhymes.
what was that movie Adam Sandler did where he actually went back out and did stand up?

from what I remember he was really damn good when he went back to that.

i guess he must say it funny. i don't get it.

Dice was another "I have a schtick" that got him a lot of attention back in the day.

but outside of that, was he funny?
All the times he was on Howard Stern and he'd come out of character for an instant or two, he was not funny, quick or clever at all.

From what I understand, he's actually a very decent dude who's devoted to his family and just plays a character.

Question: should we do a final poll of the top 4 winners, where we each get one vote?

I think it might be interesting. It'd be important to encourage voters not to vote for who they dislike but who is actually the least-funny. For instance, we *all* voted for Rosie because we detest her but let's admit it, she's got a million times more talent than Ellen.

Back