LeBron/NBA and Their Hypocrisy

but yeah, it's because people are TOO saturated with sports now. lol.

The logo stuff was always going to be temporary. Pretty much anyone paying attention knew this. But yeah, keep blaming politics as if that's the only thing going on right now.

The logo stuff was always going to be temporary. Pretty much anyone paying attention knew this. But yeah, keep blaming politics as if that's the only thing going on right now.
I never said it was the ONLY thing going on, rembrandt. But its absolutely, unquestionably a huge factor in the serious decline of viewership for the sport both you and I enjoy. If you wanna stick your head in the sand, by all means, be my guest

Says the half-wit claiming that an NBA Finals game drawing more viewers than inconsequential games in a FUBARed CFB season puts anything into perspective.

Sorry, kid, you're well beyond your depth.

Come prepared next time.

Actually, it does. It shows that there is a lot going on besides just politics that are driving the ratings drop. Ratings are down for all sports for a lot of reasons beyond simply politics.

It stands to reason that sports that are being played outside of their normal season would suffer the biggest drop.

I never said it was the ONLY thing going on, rembrandt. But its absolutely, unquestionably a huge factor in the serious decline of viewership for the sport both you and I enjoy. If you wanna stick your head in the sand, by all means, be my guest

No, you didn't. But it's the drum you're beating on and it's likely what is effecting rating the least.

Actually, it does. It shows that there is a lot going on besides just politics that are driving the ratings drop. Ratings are down for all sports for a lot of reasons beyond simply politics.

It stands to reason that sports that are being played outside of their normal season would suffer the biggest drop.
It doesn't provide prospective for shit and it has nothing to do with why, or what is happening with other sports.

What's the biggest CFB game so far? Last week's Auburn vs UGA? You think having a FINALS game outdraw that provides prospective? It doesn't.

Maybe because it's competing with more than just football? During a normal season, the NBA competes with the NHL playoffs and the dog days of baseball.

This year, it's the NFL, college football, playoff baseball, playoff hockey (which is actually over now). That's not even mentioning things like the French Open, golf, etc.

I'm sure that there are people who aren't watching because of the politics, but that's true for the NFL and other sports as well. But I doubt there are as many of those as some want to portray.
The NFL doesn't have nearly as much politics, no other sport does. I can tune in after kickoff and never hear a thing about politics.

I will also add that MLB always has playoff baseball right about this time, so nothing uncommon for them. But the ratings are only down slightly.

Trust me when I tell you that I'll never support American pro sports again.

Went from a hopeless addict, spending tens of thousands a year on TV and live sports to refusing to ever watch it again and it all started with Colin Kaepernick.

Big dumb violent athletes thinking they're in a position to preach their brand of "social change" to us. Right.

Me cutting pro sports out of my life has been one of the best things I've ever done to improve my life. I highly recommend it.

The NFL doesn't have nearly as much politics, no other sport does. I can tune in after kickoff and never hear a thing about politics.

And I can turn on an NBA game after tip off and do the same.

It doesn't provide prospective for shit and it has nothing to do with why, or what is happening with other sports.

What's the biggest CFB game so far? Last week's Auburn vs UGA? You think having a FINALS game outdraw that provides prospective? It doesn't.

I disagree. You think that a sport being played outside it's normal season is supposed to compete against sports that have owned this time of year for decades provides perspective?

Hockey has been, by far, the least political of all professional sports. Yet they are suffering the worst.

Why is that? For folks wanting sports with no politics, that would seem perfect.

You think that a sport being played outside it's normal season is supposed to compete against sports that have owned this time of year for decades provides
I haven't made any claim as to why any sport's viewership is down, or how their viewership is doing relative to other sports, and I have not tried to provide any perspective on anything.

All I've said is that the NBA Finals game 4 outdrawing Auburn/UGA does not provide perspective on anything, and it doesn't.

Trust me when I tell you that I'll never support American pro sports again.

Went from a hopeless addict, spending tens of thousands a year on TV and live sports to refusing to ever watch it again and it all started with Colin Kaepernick.

Big dumb violent athletes thinking they're in a position to preach their brand of "social change" to us. Right.

Me cutting pro sports out of my life has been one of the best things I've ever done to improve my life. I highly recommend it.

Some folks are doing that. I have a couple of friends who are doing that. Although, for one of them at least, I'm betting it won't last.

Personally, I'm not going to let politics determine where I get my entertainment from. If I did that, I'd have to also give up most movies, most tv shows, most music, etc. because chances are that I'm not going to agree with the politics of most of those providing the entertainment.

And I can turn on an NBA game after tip off and do the same.
So you don't see the BLM court logo? You don't see "I can't Breath" making a three-pointer? You don't see the BLM sweat mops or the guys wearing BLM facemasks running out to use them? You can't see BLM mentioned on the top of the backboard when they go to that camera?

There is zero chance you can watch and NBA game and not get that political stuff rammed down your throat.

I haven't made any claim as to why any sport's viewership is down, or how their viewership is doing relative to other sports, and I have not tried to provide any perspective on anything.

All I've said is that the NBA Finals game 4 outdrawing Auburn/UGA does not provide perspective on anything, and it doesn't.

My bad. Thought you were arguing a different point.

I agree with you to a point. It's never happened before that you had an NBA finals game up against a college football game. So, it's definitely doesn't give perspective because the only thing to compare it to is early, regular season basketball vs. college football.

In a normal season, Auburn/Georgia would likely do much better than an NBA game played that time of year. But a finals game is different. I would hope that would get more eyes than Auburn/Georgia because of the stakes.

Heck, I'm a die hard Lakers fan, but I'd be more likely to watch Auburn/Georgia than a regular season Lakers game because I have 81 other Lakers games I can watch. Auburn/Georgia is once a year. Less if it's a rotation game instead of an annual game.

But a finals game? Yeah, I'll pretty much stop the world for that if the Lakers are playing. lol

So you don't see the BLM court logo? You don't see "I can't Breath" making a three-pointer? You don't see the BLM sweat mops or the guys wearing BLM facemasks running out to use them? You can't see BLM mentioned on the top of the backboard when they go to that camera?

There is zero chance you can watch and NBA game and not get that political stuff rammed down your throat.
Yeah, but he said you don't "hear" a thing about politics. That BLM sweat mop's not making any noise, ford.

I stopped noticing Black Lives Matter on the court about 1 minute into the first game. Like a few folks, I was concerned that it would be distracting.

I actually notice the team logos (which they put on the court for the "home team") being in the wrong spot (usually in the middle of the court) than the Black Lives Matter.

Haven't noticed any players with "I Can't Breathe" on the back of their jersey although there may be some. I'm not sure what slogans were approved by the NBA. But I have seen such offensive messages as "Vote", "Education Reform" and some foreign born players that have slogans in their primary language, etc. But I don't even notice that anymore.

Several players have chosen not to have slogans at all (Lebron, AD, KCP and, I believe, Kyle Kuzma on the Lakers, for example) and that's actually more noticeable because their last name is usually there.

For what it's worth, Charles Barkley has spoken out against doing this past this year. On a recent NBA on TNT he basically said it was cool this year because of the unique circumstances, but understands that people don't want politics in their sports. Damn near jumped up out of my recliner to give him a standing O when said that. lol

Too bad you haven't been watching. Luka Doncic is the truth. Haven't seen a point guard do what he's doing at his age since Magic Johnson.

Last edited:
I'd have to also give up most movies, most tv shows,
I've done that, too! And it feels great because old movies and TV shows are sooo much better, imo.

The vast majority of the time I wasted on sports before, I now spend reading great books. I'd reading the five-part Eden series by Marilyn Harris about 1830's England. I got 3500 pages of reading for $15 and none of it goes to immoral basketball players or rotten-stinkin-rich owners.

I've done that, too! And it feels great because old movies and TV shows are sooo much better, imo.

The vast majority of the time I wasted on sports before, I now spend reading great books. I'd reading the five-part Eden series by Marilyn Harris about 1830's England. I got 3500 pages of reading for $15 and none of it goes to immoral basketball players or rotten-stinkin-rich owners.
I mostly read horror (King, Koontz, etc.), mystery stuff (Patterson, Kellerman), etc. Thinking about starting to read the Jason Bourne books. I heard those were even better than the movies.

Movies and tv shows have been cut back, but not really because of politics.

Wasn't going to movies a lot anymore before the world fell apart. But I've been having fun watching some movies with my son that are from when I was his age and younger.

I switched tv providers and in learning the new channel lineup, etc. I forgot most of the shows I used to watch. Pretty much limited to sports (which I'm not ready to give up yet) and pretty much anything from The Walking Dead universe.

Can't give up music yet either. That would would probably be as tough to give as sports for me. lol