Poll LEFT OUT: Bama TEXAS FSU

Which team WOULD get left out of CFP?

• FSU left out

• Bama left out

• Texas left out

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bama isn’t getting in over an undefeated FSU either. Texas has the better argument. But it’s easier to go from 7 to the top 4 than it is to go from 8 there.

If it’s about the fourth spot TX has the better argument.

I mean...it's clearly a decision between Bama FSU and Texas. Ironically enough Bama playing Texas fucks any kind of argument Georgia could have.

If FSU wins, neither Bama or Georgia make it. Either the same rules apply every year or we just fucking make them up as we go. Just because it's the SEC is not a valid enough reason. This was not the best year for SEC teams.
Counterpoint: we just fucking make them up as we go.

I mean...it's clearly a decision between Bama FSU and Texas. Ironically enough Bama playing Texas fucks any kind of argument Georgia could have.
We are out with Iowa losing . Can you imagine having to rely on Iowa? Fuck me.

As long as FSU doesn't fuck this up, I'm going to enjoy tomorrow's chaos as a neutral observer

Hoping for SEC left out.
Especially after seeing the clip of Kirby Smart already bitching about "if you watched the game you know that is one of the 4 best teams" in a post game interview.

Go with Texas, grow some balls committee, humble those assholes a little bit for once.

Why would they be in over fsu if fsu wins? TX should be 4th there. Bama first loser.

Would you be okay with FSU in 4th, TX 3rd? They did something similar in 2014.

Especially after seeing the clip of Kirby Smart already bitching about "if you watched the game you know that is one of the 4 best teams" in a post game interview.

Go with Texas, grow some balls committee, humble those assholes a little bit for once.

if we are going that route then OSU could argue same thing

fuck that thought process. Win your conference.

if we are going that route then OSU could argue same thing

fuck that thought process. Win your conference.
It's some crazy entitled shit, but the current system supports it, we rely on a group to determine the "4 best teams."

Which is ironic when you think about how the argument for not extending the playoff was the small playoff makes every game matter like the regular season is a playoff.

It's all some clown shit.

It's some crazy entitled shit, but the current system supports it, we rely on a group to determine the "4 best teams."

Which is ironic when you think about how the argument for not extending the playoff was the small playoff makes every game matter like the regular season is a playoff.

It's all some clown shit.

I'd have stopped at 8 but 12 is better than 4. I understand one of the top 4 likely wins it anyway but I feel like it will spread talent out better. The product was getting stale with 4 or 5 of the same teams dominating. (and yes that includes OSU)

If you're like 13th what is your argument lol. It should improve OOC games too.

Additionally Iowa and Louisville would be playing for a spot in the playoffs right now. That makes the game mean something just as much.

I'd have stopped at 8 but 12 is better than 4. I understand one of the top 4 likely wins it anyway but I feel like it will spread talent out better. The product was getting stale with 4 or 5 of the same teams dominating. (and yes that includes OSU)

If you're like 13th what is your argument lol. It should improve OOC games too.
I think 12 is good. I think the making season more meaningful with fewer spots could be valid, but not if you're able to just ignore actual results in favor of the eye test or advanced metrics or whatever anyway.

Just get a real playoff going with clear rules and expectations.

I think 12 is good. I think the making season more meaningful with fewer spots could be valid, but not if you're able to just ignore actual results in favor of the eye test or advanced metrics or whatever anyway.

Just get a real playoff going with clear rules and expectations.
12 teams is better because it allows some grace. It’s hard to keep kids dialed in if they have 1 loss that sinks their playoff chances. Especially when that loss occurs.

Why would they be in over fsu if fsu wins? TX should be 4th there. Bama first loser.
Because Bama would beat current FSU by 3 scores.

It all depends on how much value they put on “best” v “deserved.” Historically they’ve done deserved. But, the Chairman specifically said “best” last week. I think that was done on purpose. I think they’re gonna go best this year, and that’s gonna exclude FSU. I also don’t think Georgia will get in even though I think they’re one of the four best. The other unbeaten are just too good to do that, but FSU is not.

Because Bama would beat current FSU by 3 scores.

It all depends on how much value they put on “best” v “deserved.” Historically they’ve done deserved. But, the Chairman specifically said “best” last week. I think that was done on purpose. I think they’re gonna go best this year, and that’s gonna exclude FSU. I also don’t think Georgia will get in even though I think they’re one of the four best. The other unbeaten are just too good to do that, but FSU is not.

Whoa now. Talking 'best' teams makes people uncomfortable.