Let's talk about burritos

No cheese?

On a carne asada burrito?

gordon ramsay GIF

The only burrito I eat is a Freebird.

I have been disappointed by them. I go way back with them at their original location in Isla Vista and used to absolutely crave the stuff. Been there a few times lately and it just isn’t the same. Maybe it’s a nostalgia thing, but I was bummed that it wasn’t as good as I remembered.

I have been disappointed by them. I go way back with them at their original location in Isla Vista and used to absolutely crave the stuff. Been there a few times lately and it just isn’t the same. Maybe it’s a nostalgia thing, but I was bummed that it wasn’t as good as I remembered.
Can't disagree with you. When Tavistock purchased it in like 2005 it started going downhill. Neve went to the original in CA but man it was good at A&M. The Northgate location was the best, the others didn't have the same seasoned grill (my opinion). There is one pretty close to me now and they have up and down days. Had it last week delivered and it was terrible. Had it been my first time I'd never go back. Gonna give that location another shot when I can be there to watch them make it so they don't just put all the good shit at one end and call it a day.

Discuss? What’s to discuss. If you don’t like burritos, you can get the fuck out.

Taco Bell is dead to me since they took the grilled stuffed burrito off the menu.

What do you like in yr burrito?
Depends. But typically I like any of the meats, ground beef, chicken, or steak, depending on my mood and who’s making it. Rice, beans, hot sauce, maybe enchilada sauce, cheese, onion, tomato, all the stuff...

The best burrito I've ever had is from this li'l taqueria in Mountain View, La Costena.

They're ginormous, cheap, and delicious.
If anyone ever has reason to be in Silicon Valley, it's worth a trip, and I'll take a La Costena burrito even over burritos from the Mission.
The perfect burrito for me has black beans, rice, cheese, lettuce, tomato, jalapeno, and cilantro (hot salsa and guacamole on the side).

Now that I think of it, @moxie may know La Costena.

I only eat burrito's with a fork.

Soft tacos I eat with mis manos.

Don't know if that's the difference, but it is for me.

Don't hardly ever buy bread anymore. Tortillas filled with whatever leftovers are in the fridge is standard lunch fare these days. Meatloaf and sour cream, not bad at all.

I'm a soft shell taco guy usually myself other than breakfast burritos. At least at home. Homemade taco seasoning on ground beef, Greek yogurt, fresh onions and tomatoes, vlasic jalapeños (these are amazing but seem to come and go from the market while other soggy pickled jalapeños are always avaliable), shredded cheddar, and homemade garden salsa on a jalapeño cheddar wrap.

There aren't any great burrito places around here but I'll go for a Qdoba here and there.
Qdoba is great.

Got Chipptle once, never again. Ain't even close imo.

The best burrito I've ever had is from this li'l taqueria in Mountain View, La Costena.

They're ginormous, cheap, and delicious.
If anyone ever has reason to be in Silicon Valley, it's worth a trip, and I'll take a La Costena burrito even over burritos from the Mission.
The perfect burrito for me has black beans, rice, cheese, lettuce, tomato, jalapeno, and cilantro (hot salsa and guacamole on the side).

Now that I think of it, @moxie may know La Costena.
I've heard of it but never been. My go-to is Super Taqueria. Carnitas super burrito w/beans, cheese, avocado, pico, no rice. They have an awesome salsa verde that *just* brings a little glow to my face from the heat. TETO, but I've never been a fan of lettuce in burritos... doesn't it get soggy?

I've heard of it but never been. My go-to is Super Taqueria. Carnitas super burrito w/beans, cheese, avocado, pico, no rice. They have an awesome salsa verde that *just* brings a little glow to my face from the heat. TETO, but I've never been a fan of lettuce in burritos... doesn't it get soggy?
I liked it even more before they moved, but it's still a place for which I'll go out of my way.

While I find lettuce to be flavorless, at least for the most part, there's something about it being just a li'l warm that brings out a certain flavor I really like. It's subtle, but it's there. As far as sogginess, I guess if one let's the burrito sit around for a while before eating it, yeah, but it isn't anything that's ever bothered me, and I'm one that will notice soggy lettuce on a salad.

Breakfast burrito: Eggs, bacon, potatoes, onions, cheese and Tapatio
Oh, hell yeah. My wife makes the most amazing grilled chicken, cooked exactly like I like it. She breads it lightly and cooks at fairly high temps so it's browned very well. She'll make a ton of it every few days then we add it to everything.

A good flour tortilla with grated Mennonite cheese in the microwave for 20 seconds.
Add chicken (or eggs if for breakfast)
Then top with onions, cilantro, diced tomatoes, chopped jalapenos, spoon after spoon of sour cream, lightly salted with sea salt, then Tapatio to taste.

It's all that's right and good in this universe.

Oh, hell yeah. My wife makes the most amazing grilled chicken, cooked exactly like I like it. She breads it lightly and cooks at fairly high temps so it's browned very well. She'll make a ton of it every few days then we add it to everything.

A good flour tortilla with grated Mennonite cheese in the microwave for 20 seconds.
Add chicken (or eggs if for breakfast)
Then top with onions, cilantro, diced tomatoes, chopped jalapenos, spoon after spoon of sour cream, lightly salted with sea salt, then Tapatio to taste.

It's all that's right and good in this universe.
Mennonite Cheese!?!

My hood might be a majority Mennonite, idk, it's close.

I have never heard of this dairy product though.

Chipotle should change their name to Cilantro.
I was in SoCal in one of the trendiest areas right during the build-up to the housing bubble and Chipotle rode that nonsense to go nationwide.

I kept hearing how great "Chipotle" was so eventually tried it.

"This is it?" :headscratch: "I just paid $11 for fucking THIS???"

I kept asking everyone who'd tell me how amaaaaazing it was, "what makes it so amazing?" People were speechless that anyone would dare think that Chipotle was anything but the greatest food ever.

If it was healthy food, I'd unerstand. But it's not. It's gimmicky marketing and dumb people. They use basic, low-quality ingredients with very little flavor in anything they make. Last one I got I had to unwrap and load with salt to choke it down.

Chipotle is some of the most over-priced, overhyped food in the history of food. I honesty can't believe they're still around. It speaks to just how easily-fooled people are when they're conditioned to personally identify with a brand.