Mars rover lands this week

Perhaps you were simply too stupid to comprehend the point being made.
If that’s what you want to go with I’m good with it. I comprehended just fine and stand by my gif reply.

Towards the later "alleged" missions to the moon, they stayed there for 75 hours+\-.

That's over 3 days! How did they heat and cool the moon lander and keep everything cool in temperatures that reach 260 degrees Fahrenheit when the sun is out and when the sun goes down, temperatures can dip to minus 280 F.

They would have a hard time managing a livable temperature with batteries! 3 days of this shit....batteries running everything. These were not lithium batteries either. They were probably Sears Die Hard. hahahaha

It’s almost as if the lunar “day” isn’t 24 hours.

It’s almost as if the lunar “day” isn’t 24 hours.
be quiet simon rex GIF by Simon Rex / Dirt Nasty

Be Quiet Mr P GIF by @ICT_MrP

There's a reason they're called lunatics.

Bro...I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little skeptical of all this shit! Billions of dollars, that's with a B, are allocated to NASA every year. This past year is was $25.2 billion. Now look at these fucked up images....and imagine you hand over $25.2 billion to a Hollywood studio and asks them if they can make something that looks more believable. What do you think the answer would be?

I love how folks watch a video made and produced by NASA and all of the sudden it's totally believable.

The same government most don't trust for anything....give them a pass when it comes to NASA.

Now then realize NASA hasn't put men in space since July 8, 2011. But since that time the goverment has continued to spend billions on NASA. Their budget has actually gone up every year.

You would think not sending up a space shuttle every 3 months as they used to would have saved them money but nope!

Since 2011, including 2011, and going out till now. 2021, NASA has received $216 billion dollars!

What do they have to show for that?

Don't point to anything they had before 2011 because this is since then.

NASA is a money pit. We really don't get a good return on that investment no matter what some may try and say.

$216 billion dollars is a lot of fucking money....and that's what they've spent just in the last 10 years when they didn't have a way to send men into space.

Holy shit, I'm glad you're in an opinionated super minority. I'm thinking you also believe that Trump won the election. Why not attend some LSU science courses to get it all straightened out.

Holy shit, I'm glad you're in an opinionated super minority. I'm thinking you also believe that Trump won the election. Why not attend some LSU science courses to get it all straightened out.

Fuck off stupid

NASA’s Ingenuity Mars Helicopter successful in first flight, becoming the first aircraft in history to make a powered, controlled flight on another planet. The Red Planet has a significantly lower gravity – one-third that of Earth’s – and an extremely thin atmosphere with only 1% the pressure at the surface compared to our planet.

Click on the color video to see this amazing event. Flight time is about 40 seconds. This is cool!

NASA’s Ingenuity Mars Helicopter Succeeds in Historic First Flight

NASA's Ingenuity Mars Helicopter made a second successful Mars flight on April 22. This time it went higher and slightly moved horizontally. The flight lasted for 51.9 seconds. The helicopter climbed 16 feet (5 meters) which is higher 6 feet (2 meters) higher than the first.

Takeoff and landing frames are missing. The bums.

Flight 3 is scheduled for Sunday 10 AM ET.

During previous flights, Ingenuity was moving at about 1.1 miles per hour (0.5 meters per second). Now, the chopper is going to boost that speed to 4.5 miles per hour (2 meters per second). The chopper will also fly 164 feet (50 meters) north before returning to touch down at its landing site.

In another first, Perseverance has converted some of the Red Planet’s thin, carbon dioxide-rich atmosphere into oxygen. A toaster-size, experimental instrument aboard Perseverance called the Mars Oxygen In-Situ Resource Utilization Experiment (MOXIE) accomplished the task.

After an hour of operation, the total oxygen produced was about 5.4 grams, enough to keep an astronaut healthy for about 10 minutes of normal activity. One step at a time. Astronauts who spend a year on the surface will maybe use one metric ton between them.

NASA’s Perseverance Mars Rover Extracts First Oxygen from Red Planet

NASA’s Ingenuity Mars Helicopter successful in first flight, becoming the first aircraft in history to make a powered, controlled flight on another planet. The Red Planet has a significantly lower gravity – one-third that of Earth’s – and an extremely thin atmosphere with only 1% the pressure at the surface compared to our planet.

Click on the color video to see this amazing event. Flight time is about 40 seconds. This is cool!

NASA’s Ingenuity Mars Helicopter Succeeds in Historic First Flight
I lmfao when seeing a NASA dork explain this cutting edge drone.

They added another blade to the rotors on a purchased drone! :dhd: I wonder how much we paid for THAT?

Flight 3 is scheduled for Sunday 10 AM ET.

During previous flights, Ingenuity was moving at about 1.1 miles per hour (0.5 meters per second). Now, the chopper is going to boost that speed to 4.5 miles per hour (2 meters per second). The chopper will also fly 164 feet (50 meters) north before returning to touch down at its landing site.

In another first, Perseverance has converted some of the Red Planet’s thin, carbon dioxide-rich atmosphere into oxygen. A toaster-size, experimental instrument aboard Perseverance called the Mars Oxygen In-Situ Resource Utilization Experiment (MOXIE) accomplished the task.

After an hour of operation, the total oxygen produced was about 5.4 grams, enough to keep an astronaut healthy for about 10 minutes of normal activity. One step at a time. Astronauts who spend a year on the surface will maybe use one metric ton between them.

NASA’s Perseverance Mars Rover Extracts First Oxygen from Red Planet
I was not aware the oxygen experiment was on this rover. This rover is really going to push progress forward. If a small unit can make 5.4 grams of Oxygen then it can be easily scaled up in principle to not only provide breathable oxygen, but fuel.

The general principle for making interplanetary habitation possible is to figure out how to make “gas stations” outside of the earth. It takes some mini mass and fuel to escape the earth. Having to also haul up enough fuel to than power a trip to Mars and back is not super feasible. But if the fuel was already outside of the earth that a massive game changer.

They added another blade to the rotors on a purchased drone! :dhd: I wonder how much we paid for THAT?

What do you mean? You belittle this accomplishment?

Yeah. Of all the things to crow about, why the stupid slightly-modified drone?
Because it’s a first. Controlled flight on another planet. It’s not particularly major in that most people with enough brain cells could figure that it’s highly likely to be possible to do.

But now it’s done, it’s out of the range of merely theoretical. And that’s pretty cool.

While I will agree and appreciate the cost of such a flight vehicle being likely way more than it needs to be it is a little more than a drone with an extra blade.

Flight 3 another success rising 16 feet (5 meters) – the same altitude as its second flight. Then it zipped downrange 164 feet (50 meters), just over half the length of a football field, reaching a top speed of 6.6 feet per second (2 meters per second).

It moves off to the right, returns and lands exactly where it took off. Bravo!

Education is vital! Most retail drones have 8,000 rpm. Ingenuity is capable of 2,400 RPM. This chopper was developed from scratch beginning in 2014.