Michigan sub .500 team

Yeah, pretty much like I said, the outcome of the game is completely irrelevant. It simply doesn't matter. I'd probably have a different take on this if all the best players weren't opting out of playing them. They're only going to continue to be more irrelevant as this trend continues.
Like i said originally maybe for those in the top 10 with hopes of a CFP bid it is meaningless, but to the rest of the teams it isnt. Whether or not the score means anything to you is irrelevant

Like i said originally maybe for those in the top 10 with hopes of a CFP bid it is meaningless, but to the rest of the teams it isnt. Whether or not the score means anything to you is irrelevant

There were a lot of dudes who sat out whose teams weren't sniffing the top 10. They are just glorified exhibitions at this point. I mean I'll watch because it's football, but putting any emphasis on who won/lost is meaningless.

Ok, some Michigan fans argued with me that they had the series with Penn State. I was correct originally. I was correct in my statement that Penn State had been a better program recently than Michigan.
I'm not sure who has the better overall record, but Harbaugh is 3-2 vs. PSU. Harbaugh is 2-2 vs. Wisconsin, 1-1 vs Iowa, 3-2 vs MSU and 1-1 vs ND....

Harbaugh is doing just fine. It's the 0-5 vs. OSU that's killing him and no team listed above has anything more than 1 win vs OSU in that span. Most have none.

renderTimingPixel.png

And let's check in on Penn State's coaching record:

James Franklin is 1-7 vs. Ranked ranked teams, 1-13 as a head coach against ranked road teams.
His only win is @NW in 2017.
Franklin is 11-10 on the road at PSU.
Franklin is 5-11 against Michigan/MSU/OSU while at PSU, with one win against each team (2 wins came just last year against Mich and MSU)

Again, our issue is being compared to Ohio State. Period.

I don't know anyone that treats him likes he's a top 5 coach or anything. He's a top 10/15 coach in CFB. Even Maize said so himself. It's pretty easy to not listen to the "hype". Just ignore it, if you think it still exists.

Before this season he's insisted in the past that JH is a top 5 coach, he's obviously finally changed his tune now. So I've been hounding him ever since. If he'd just admit he was being an over the top homer (like he always is) that would be the end of it. This is the same fella that has said all JH needs is his recruits to succeed in ann arbor. That Ryan Day's a high school coach. He still thinks UofM beat Ohio State in '16. He was bragging that UofM were divisional co-champs in '18. And has said any losses to ranked teams don't count towards JH's coaching resume. Now what kinda nonsense is that?

Before this season he's insisted in the past that JH is a top 5 coach, he's obviously finally changed his tune now. So I've been hounding him ever since. If he'd just admit he was being an over the top homer (like he always is) that would be the end of it. This is the same fella that has said all JH needs is his recruits to succeed in ann arbor. That Ryan Day's a high school coach. He still thinks UofM beat Ohio State in '16. He was bragging that UofM were divisional co-champs in '18. And has said any losses to ranked teams don't count towards JH's coaching resume. Now what kinda nonsense is that?
I may have said that when he first arrived at Michigan. I don't think I've called Jim Harbaugh a top 5 coach in years.

Ryan day is a high school coach. (And you should understand that as a jab just to get a rise out of OSU fans).

Just in this thread he said he's a top 10/15 coach or whatever he said. He's actually one of the reasonable UM fans I've across on message boards. Much more reasonable than Umichgrad, GoNavyBlue(or whatever his name was) and TrustMeIamRight.

All that other stuff he doesn't actually believe or is kidding. Even I know that.

Did TrustMe make the jump over?

Just in this thread he said he's a top 10/15 coach or whatever he said. He's actually one of the reasonable UM fans I've across on message boards. Much more reasonable than Umichgrad, GoNavyBlue(or whatever his name was) and TrustMeIamRight.

All that other stuff he doesn't actually believe or is kidding. Even I know that.

Well it's good he finally has come to his senses. Took him long enough. You mentioned trustme. MnB09 at times has been in the same category as trustme. Sure he's changed his ways now. But that doesn't erase all the total nonsense he's spewed for years. They have been so homeristic for so long that on the other site I started a thread honoring JH- things harbuagh has done. Plus talking shit with meeeechegan fans now that the season is starting (talking about BigTen) is always fun.

Well it's good he finally has come to his senses. Took him long enough. You mentioned trustme. MnB09 at times has been in the same category as trustme. Sure he's changed his ways now. But that doesn't erase all the total nonsense he's spewed for years. They have been so homeristic for so long that on the other site I started a thread honoring JH- things harbuagh has done. Plus talking shit with meeeechegan fans now that the season is starting (talking about BigTen) is always fun.
For the first 5 years on this site, well the old site I guess, I called you senile because you always attributed things he said to me. I think that's the problem here, you did that for so long that you convinced yourself I was the one saying it.

I may have said that when he first arrived at Michigan. I don't think I've called Jim Harbaugh a top 5 coach in years.

Ryan day is a high school coach. (And you should understand that as a jab just to get a rise out of OSU fans).

It was a little more than just when he arrived. You went on for a couple of years. Anyway though enough with this topic. Like I just told eric7633 now that Ohio State & meeeechegan's seasons have started it's always fun to talk some shit with fans of that community college in ann arbor.

Last edited:
For the first 5 years on this site, well the old site I guess, I called you senile because you always attributed things he said to me. I think that's the problem here, you did that for so long that you convinced yourself I was the one saying it.

So you're saying you weren't overly homeritsic about Harbaugh and his team? Now that's funny. I haven't mixed anyone up. And while trustme is worse. You've said your own share of goofy stuff in the past.

No, you were just getting them confused.

Okay go with that. Did you know N.D. hasn't beaten Ohio State since 1936?

Lol. Why would I make something like that up? You did it numerous times.

And congrats for OSU. I really don't care.

1669499489642.png

@Wamu

Back