Mock Drafts : Chat

I have been thinking about this for a while now. I think the way to make the drafts fun again is to change who runs them, you guys decide and i'll message Hammer to give y'all mod abilities and I will just be someone along for the ride, like 500 or Meebs and not share my opinions or really post at all aside from making a pick. Not sure why we didn't do this earlier. I'm really looking forward to telling one of you how much I appreciate all you do just please whatever ya do, don't brainwash me!

I have an interesting idea when it comes to voting...

we do a committee of 5 owners for each draft...

and only those 5 owners can vote... the committee of 5 will be randomly picked after each draft... and they must agree to at least 4-1 for any team to win... a 3-2 will only demand more debate...

I have been thinking about this for a while now. I think the way to make the drafts fun again is to change who runs them, you guys decide and i'll message Hammer to give y'all mod abilities and I will just be someone along for the ride, like 500 or Meebs and not share my opinions or really post at all aside from making a pick. Not sure why we didn't do this earlier. I'm really looking forward to telling one of you how much I appreciate all you do just please whatever ya do, don't brainwash me!

too late... you already brainwashed me...

I have an interesting idea when it comes to voting...

we do a committee of 5 owners for each draft...

and only those 5 owners can vote... the committee of 5 will be randomly picked after each draft... and they must agree to at least 4-1 for any team to win... a 3-2 will only demand more debate...

WINNER, you run the drafts!!

too late... you already brainwashed me...

crystal ball love GIF by HERSHEY’S Cookies ’n’ Creme

Now it's your turn!!

Everyone who wants Milk to run things going forward say I... You will all say I...

brainwashed.gif

@Shanemansj13
@stakesarehigh

Which one of you is the new lead brainwasher? I think the fellas would like to start UK's NFL draft, chop chop!

I can run this for a bit until you come back but Idk going forward...it just depends. My wife was offered a job today and Arlington. I am still looking, we still have some time though bc her job starts middle of July.

@Shanemansj13
@stakesarehigh

Which one of you is the new lead brainwasher? I think the fellas would like to start UK's NFL draft, chop chop!

My availability is so random it doesn't work for running a draft.

I'm definitely sorry i said anything at all at this point. I was planning on a hiatus from the mocks anyway.

As for voting I did like Milk's idea as well.

I could sit here and reiterate my point but it's clear that is largely a pointless endeavor. I was aiming to challenge a thought process. That's kind of what we do when we discuss sports. It certainly wasn't saying anyone on here is brainwashed.

My availability is so random it doesn't work for running a draft.

I'm definitely sorry i said anything at all at this point. I was planning on a hiatus from the mocks anyway.

As for voting I did like Milk's idea as well.

I could sit here and reiterate my point but it's clear that is largely a pointless endeavor. I was aiming to challenge a thought process. That's kind of what we do when we discuss sports. It certainly wasn't saying anyone on here is brainwashed.

Somethings Backwards Day GIF

I can run this for a bit until you come back but Idk going forward...it just depends. My wife was offered a job today and Arlington. I am still looking, we still have some time though bc her job starts middle of July.

Thanks, i'm not leaving I just ain't running things anymore. I am going to draft and complain like a motherfucker!

Come on lets go, whos in? whats the draft order??

Thanks, i'm not leaving I just ain't running things anymore. I am going to draft and complain like a motherfucker!
So you go from crying to complaining...

Mood What GIF by NBC

500 and Meebs have been paid.

Payouts going forward unless Shane or whoever talk to Hammer and decide on something else are.

1st - $5,000
2nd - $3,000
3rd - $1,000

Great job again fellas!

Time to relax, I will not miss running the drafts!

We should have done an NFL draft like the NBA draft where y'all sent me a player you wanted and if no one else axed for that player you got him. Would have been way more work for me but it would have been pretty cool to see everyone's strategy, especially in the early rounds.
That secret NBA draft was a lot of fun

Lets do this same idea for baseball. It won't be as fun bc it suits football perfectly with scheme.

Same rules. No restrictions other than position like in the NFL draft.

9 rounds

Lineup (4 groups)
1 MI (2B & SS)
1 CI (1B & 3B)
1 OF's - 2
1 - 1 OF and 1 any position for DH

Bonus (1 group)
1 Catcher & SP duo

Rotation (2 groups)
1- 2 SP's
1 - 2 SP's

Bullpen (2 groups)
1 - CL/MLRP
1 - CL/MLRP

Last edited:
Lets do this same idea for baseball. It won't be as fun bc it suits football perfectly with scheme.

Same rules. No restrictions other than position like in the NFL draft.

9 rounds

Lineup (4 groups)
1 MI (2B & SS)
1 CI (1B & 3B)
1 OF's - 2
1 - 1 OF and 1 any position for DH

Bonus (1 group)
1 Catcher & SP duo

Rotation (2 groups)
1- 2 SP's
1 - 2 SP's

Bullpen (2 groups)
1 - CL/MLRP
1 - CL/MLRP

Positions will be more tricky here for baseball so I think we should make a rule.

"To qualify for a position, the player must have 320 games played at that position for his career AND at least one game played in that particular season."